Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What was the first thing you ever bought at Sephora?

We are LOVING this video where @MyieshaBD  shares her first Sephora order from her teens. (Yes to owning every shade of Urban Decay’s glittery liners!!) And since your Sephora love runs deep, we thought this would be fun!

What was your first-ever purchase at Sephora

I started purchasing from Sephora three years ago and my first purchase was the NARS Luminous foundation. Although the color match was spot on, the product was too messy for my taste so I returned it.

RE: What was the first thing you ever bought at Sephora?

The first thing I bought was the Too Faced chocolate gold eyeshadow palette i was about 12 or 13 years old

Re: RE: What was the first thing you ever bought at Sephora?

@PeanutAnimals6 Such a great palette! 

Anonymous Insider

I love this idea! My first ever purchase was the Fenty beauty pro filt’r instant retouch concealer and a beauty blender.

Re: What was the first thing you ever bought at Sephora?

The first time I ever went to/bought anything from Sephora was so long ago I don’t even know when it was... I’m 99% sure the first item I ever bought was a Kat Von D liquid lipstick though. Couldn’t begin to remember the shade because it feels like a million years ago!

Fun thread @KatieBT  !! My first purchase as a Beauty Insider member (I probably did walk-in purchases without knowing about the membership) was in Dec, 2015 for Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos serum. I obviously was not a savvy shopper at the time as I bought it in Dec without waiting for the sale

I was in a diff country for the assignment at the time and used to ship it to my colleagues travelling here and have them get it to me 😄 😄

2019-05-22_10-50-50.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Oh lord, this was ages ago, it was Stila lip gloss, I was obsessed with Stila back then.

@KatieBT Love this thread idea. It’s so nice to reminisce 😊 I know exactly what I ordered because I keep all purchase confirmation emails, so I can refer back to them if I want to repurchase something. (I legit have Amazon purchase emails back to the 90s lol...)

So, here was my first ever purchase from Sephora:  

71516F95-7131-430E-99A1-DA6FB1A5667A.jpeg

Benefit Roller Lash: Never fell in love with it. 

L’Occitane almond set: Just finished the last item from this two days ago. Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream is my holy grail for body lotion so I don’t buy L’Occitane anymore. 

Sephora x Utowa eyelash curler: My holy grail 100%. I own three of them (makeup desk, travel bag, purse) and have gifted others. I tried dozens of curlers before this one because none fit my eye shape properly. This one fits like it was made for me. So sturdy and durable, too. 

Lancôme Juicy Shaker: These were fun but definitely not my go-to for any kind of lip products. 

Thanks for the trip down memory lane 😊

The first thing I can remember buying from Sephora was a jar (maybe two) of Sephora Mineral Foundation. I remember it being the perfect shade and on clearance. I think it may have been two because it seems like I may still have part of a jar with the rest of my foundations. I tend to not stick with one. I’m becoming a foundation junkie. 

Eons ago... a baby blue blue sparkly eyeliner from hard candy! That brand has def fallen! It was so cool when I was in high school!

The first product I got at Sephora was the Lorac Private Affair Palette. This was, of course, back in the day when Sephora sold Lorac products.

(The shadows still perform great, actually! I still have them in my collection, though they've made their way into a Z palette by now.)

Mine was a Hard Candy eyeshadow quad called Old Skool. What I loved about them was their eyeshadows were fun and pigmented for its time. Now Hard Candy is only sold in Wal-mart and its packaging is cheap looking. My, has Hard Candy fallen!

The first product was the philosophy cleanser & tatcha rice enzyme powder (the travel one), probably 5/6 years back. Still new to it all.

My first purchase was in 2017. It was an Urban Decay lipstick in the shade blackmail. All of my friends had dark and vampy lipsticks and I felt left out of the bold club. I got it in June and wore it out all the time, I was done high school and had the coolest lipstick shade of all my friends. I then learned that if I applied it with a brush it was buildable.

Black Sephora nail polish, I believe.  It was terrible.  Stained my nails and chipped if I recall correctly.  I didn't go back for quite a while after that I believe.

My first Sephora purchase was flower bomb.

My first ever Sephora purchase was in my teens and they were some singles from urban decay in bright blue and green with a graffiti look on the packaging. I always got my liner pencil from Sephora too but I can’t remember the brand. Always black. And this Lorac eyeshadow called rhapsody that I literally cannot find a similar color to it still to this day. I was obsessed with it. It was like a pretty light purpley cool blue toned color. At the time I only did eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara when I wore makeup. I was probably 13-14 yo.

My first Sephora purchase was at the Eaton Centre in Toronto, it was summer of 2006 and I got the large Cargo Sun bronzer and an Urban Decay shadow in Maui Wowie - I still have both of these for sentimental reasons. Funny enough, I remember what top I wore that day, and still have that as well! 

@KatieBT   I have fond memories of walking into our Sephora store when I had a resurgent interest in makeup after a long hiatus.  I felt like such a princess getting all dolled up. 

I remember getting Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer, their HD foundation, Makeup Forever's setting powder, and some Benefit blushes and eye shadows.  I wasn't really into lip products at the time; I can't remember when that obsession started, but it's here to stay. 🙂

My first purchase was in Las Vegas, back in 08 when there are no Sephora stores in Canada. I bought 2 sets of Baremineral face kit. 🙂
101 Replies
testing