Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What Would You Do with $1,000,000?

LexBT, BrendaBT and me playing around in Sephora Collection's SEPHORiA experienceLexBT, BrendaBT and me playing around in Sephora Collection's SEPHORiA experience

In case you haven't heard the news, Beauty Insider's newest sweepstakes just launched today and the prize is HUGE! One lucky Beauty Insider will actually win $1,000,000. As a Sephora employee, I cannot enter to win but I know that many of you will probably be entering or are thinking about it. If you're interested in entering the sweeps, you can enter here: https://www.beautyinsidersweeps.com

This sweeps is the first of it's kind and has my mind spinning so I want to hear from you all... If you were to win $1,000,000 what would you do with the prize money? 

Re: What Would You Do with $1,000,000?

I am 20, and I take care of my beautiful mother who has been ill for a while now. I would get the care and physical items that would make her life easier. Another thing is travel to Vietnam because I was adopted from there and see if I can find any history on my birth family. I would be able to save the rest of the money and put it to good use for emergency's and my future family.

I entered. I think this contest is just great.  I might use all of my points to keep re-entering.  I don't need more makeup, and I like the idea of trying for more (even if I get to graciously watch someone else win).

I would spend it on Pat McGrath, skin care, college for my kids (my daughter is now that age, my son soon to follow), investments and probably a new pair of Golden Goose shoes.  Some Chanel fragrance...bum bum cream...

Chanel red lipstick...oops...maybe best if I don't win.

RE: What Would You Do with $1,000,000?

@KatieBT this sounds too good to be true. My mind is blown by how amazing of an opportunity a makeup company is offering average people. I don’t know why anyone would buy products anywhere other than at Sephora, knowing that they are going to bless a Beauty Insider with a miracle like this. I would use the money to pay for a surgery I really need to ensure my health. I would use the moneyto help stop school shootings (an idea I’ve proven and just need fundingfor). I would use the money to take care of my parents and allow them to retire early. I would also like to sample LaMer lol and I think I would have to give in to the urge if I won.

I am considering entering - I occasionally buy a lottery ticket but never have much luck.  I would pay the taxes on the winnings, pay off my student loans and outstanding debts.  The rest would go into savings.  

Let the $1M come first, I’m sure I’ll come up with a million ways to spend it within a minutes 😂

lol, same. Could probably spend it in 1 day. 

I was just joking with someone that in the expensive city I live in, $1m only gets you a newer 2 bed condo downtown or a townhouse in the suburbs or a house in the outer suburbs. Or a fixer upper home - sold as is. lol. 

If I would have $1,000,000, I would buy:

• A moderately sized housed with 2-4 bedrooms with 1 room for my makeup
  • Hire a full time salaried maintenance guy to tend to the upkeep of the house inside and out.so it doesn't fall apart
  • Pay off my credit card debt
  • Go to business school to get a bachelors, masters and doctorate
  • Put away $$ and/or invest to grow it so I can go on vacation once a year for a month but still not work so I can go to school. Then after, work for fun.

PS @KatieBT @BrendaBT  I ADORE those jackets! 🙂

If I won the sweepstakes I would use the money to go to the BEST law school that I get into. I am applying to law schools this fall, and fingers crossed, I will get into one of my top choices. It would be awesome to graduate without debt, and so if I won, the majority of the money would go towards my education. 

would want to give some part in charity towards sustainability, also education for myself and some to shop at Sephora 😉 and remaining in Bank

Some to a charity and definitely a new home that will have a huge walk in closet to fit and display makeup and jewelry properly.

I would use it to pay for collage, and then of corse get some new makeup, and save some to open up the cafe in honor of my grandma that i have always wanted.

On the fence about entering this, but if I won, I'd pay off my grad school loan, make a donation to a nearby wildlife refuge that helps rehabilitate injured animals, and buy a boat. 😄 I'd also buy a bunch of Maison Margiela fragrances. 

perfume1124

I feel like spending points on this is a little ridiculous. I may give in and do one entry. Maybe do a few mailed entries as well. I would pay off my credit card debt and medical debt and go to law school. I'd be tempted to buy a condo in my neighborhood as well, but I'd probably go to law school in downtown Chicago and want to live close to campus. I would put together a college fund my nephew. And donate to the Greyhound rescue I got my dog from. I'd adopt a second greyhound as well. The rest would be invested. Except for a large lipstick shopping spree. I would pick up some more PMGs!

I would pay off my school loan and medical bills/debts and then sign upfor classes to get my bachelors and fix my car. I would also use some toput a down payment on a home for my family and donate some to my college and save the rest. (And maybe get a little makeup as a celebratory gift to myself;D)

@KatieBT First I'd go on a shopping spree at Sephora.  Then, I'd give some money to my dad and use the rest to buy a bigger house.  🙂  Of course I'd invest some, too.

I would pay off my medical debt, and the funeral expenses for my grandma and then I would give some money to my mom, I would finally take a vacation to Hawaii and the rest I would save for the future.

I would save for retirement. 

(which is probably a very boring answer, but here we are lol)

PAT McGRATH

PAT McGRATH

PAT McGRATH

PAT McGRATH

PAT McGRATH

need I say more?

I'd love to open up more animal shelters around the US and/or Canada and help those who don't have a voice.

Anonymous Insider

I would reform my house, it would help my father finish his own business in my professional career

I would pay off my student loans, buy a home, give my retirement savings a huge boost, and set some money aside for when I eventually get married. 

testing