Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

Hi guys! Welcome to our new home! No, you are not dreaming, we got a makeover. So, first things first: Everyone pull out your mobile phone, go to Sephora.com, and click on “Community” from the side navigation. Notice anything different? We’re mobile! We will also be integrated into the Sephora iOS and Android apps very shortly, so stay tuned.

Now that that’s out of the way, look around, check the place out. You will notice the black bar at the top that will help you navigate through the whole Beauty Insider Community. Let’s explore…

“Home” is the homepage of the Community and where you can see all of the ways you can get involved. If you ever get lost, just go home.

“Groups” is where you can find people and content that are relevant to your interests. You don’t have to be a member of a Group to see that content or to post in that Group, but by joining a group you can filter the conversations to only see content that you’re interested in. You can also be notified when someone posts a new conversation in a Group you’ve joined.

“Conversations” is where you can post just about anything beauty (or sometimes not) related. Ask questions, join in a thread, or just check out what’s happening in the Community.

“Gallery” is where you can post photos of your beauty looks and get inspiration from others.

In the top right of the navigation bar you will see a little bell. Those are your notifications. Click here to see who’s messaged you, replied to you, tagged you, or started a new conversation in a Group you’ve joined.

Next to that bell you’ll see a plus sign. By clicking on that you can join a group, start a conversation, or post a look to the gallery all from the same place.

Okay, now comes the fun part. Click on your username! This will bring you to your new Profile. The profile is your Sephora home base. It is a comprised of four tabs.

• The first tab is mostly public, with some private content where denoted. It serves as your introduction to the Community. It is where you can keep track of, and others can see your Community activity. Get in there and upload your avatar and cover photo. You can also write a little blurb introducing yourself and post links to your Instagram and YouTube accounts, if you’re into that.

The other 3 tabs are completely private, and only you will be able to see this information:

• The “Beauty Insider” tab is where you can keep track of all of your Beauty Insider Information.
  • The “Lists” tab is where you can access the products you’ve loved on the site and also past purchases.
  • The “Account” tab is where you can access all of your Sephora account information.

Got it? 😄

We know there’s a ton of new stuff here and we’re all in this together, so if you have questions, concerns or feedback, post them here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Beauty-Insider-Community-Feedback/m-p/2826082#M27931

If you’d like a little more information about how this all works, you can find it here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/BEAUTY-INSIDER-COMMUNITY-FAQs/m-p/2825445#M49862

We’re so excited to have you all here!

UPDATE: We've changed the email notifications settings so that you don't get emailed for every post in a thread you've participated in. This should alleviate some of the inbox clogging! We've also changed default notifications so that you aren't notified about activity for every thread you participate in, just the ones you've subscribed to or the Groups you've joined. 

If you'd like to change your notifications, you can so by going to the "Notifications" tab and clicking on the gray gear shift in the bottom left corner to get to your Settings. 

RE: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

Hello everyone this is an amazing initiative and excited to join. This give an opportunity where we can all learn and share advice on the beauty trends. Glad to be here...
Anonymous Insider

Re: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

Hey ladies.. I'm new here and neva wore make up.. I jst turned 39 (July8) I wana put a lil bit on.. Mabey sum concealer, lashes, brow stuff, and lip stuff.. I've always kept my brows done.. Any tips or suggestions will b appreciated.. Thanks n stay pretty

Hey @Anonymous welcome to our community and happy recent birthday (my sister's was the 7th!)! I definitely recommend checking out and joining some of the groups because there are lots of threads that might be helpful! I would suggest the Beauty Confidential group, and maybe Makeup Minimalists if you aren't looking to add too much more punch to your look! And then start a conversation in one of the groups and ask for specific tips and tricks and surely some wonderful beauty-loving folks will come around with great advice!

This thread is announcing the new Beauty Insider Community format, so to start, I'd suggest you check out the following threads:
https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Minimalists/Best-Minimalist-Face-Base/m-p/2825631#M2

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Everything-Eyes/Brow-Babes/m-p/2854987#M34609

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Everything-Eyes/Looking-For-a-Good-Quality-Mascara/m-p/2693742#M748

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-own/m-p/2422335#M129985

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Lip-Lovers/Lipstick-Playground/m-p/2020866#M35179

it all depends on how much coverage you want maybe lil or...

it all depends on how much coverage you want maybe lil or alot of your oily or dry and specifically what your looking for happy to help

@candacebt You mentioned that reviews will now factor into our ranking starting in August.  Do you have an exact date?  IDK if I should start writing reviews now, or when the official change is in place.

How come I show as a "rookie". I have rouge status, shouldn't I show as "rouge"? Is there a way I can update this?

Rouge shows under your username whereas Rookie is to the right of it.

@hynesa You're a rouge who also happens to be a rookie in the new site:) we're all rookies here. It doesn't affect your yearly spend at all.

RE: Re: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

Oh gotcha!! ♥️thanks!!

@RGbrown Thanks for sharing my pain!

@candacebt I posted a question earlier but I think the thread was deleted.  You mentioned that ranking on BIC will now include reviews.  Are you able to provide more detail on how reviews will be weighted for the rankings?  I've written reviews on other sites and they are intensive b/c I am thorough.  For me, they often take far, far more time and effort than posting on BIC.

@greeneyedgirl107  - So we don't typically share the exact ranking algorithm. Everyone's experience is different and they will move along the ranks in different ways and at a different speed depending on how they participate. It's designed to acknowledge all of the ways people engage with the Community.

@candacebt Thanks for the info!  

Related image

@candacebt After I do a post, I'm brought back to the post I responded to.  But how do I get back to the exact spot I was at in the Groups?  If I click on the name of the group, it brings me to the beginning of the group...if I was on page 3, for example, I want to go back there.

@greeneyedgirl107

Hit the back button three times (1. Back to the page where you wrote your post, 2. Back to the thread before you posted, 3. Back to where you were in the group before entering that thread)

@greeneyedgirl107

Sadly, everything about this redesign is driving me bonkers as well. I don't even do that anymore because load times are ridiculous. I just scroll up to the top of the page and hit conversations to go back to the front page...I never make it more than about two pages deep before getting annoyed and moving to another site.

😢

@RGbrown Thanks for the tip!  I've been doing that as well, but it's driving me bonkers.  Image result for crazy makeup

Wow, I've been gone a week and all these new changes. It looks so nice and shiny in here. Its like visiting a newly opened hotel on the vegas strip. 

I just want to put this out there and express how much I appreciate this community. I know this transition hasn't been easy for everyone but am still proud of this community and hope that it only emerges stronger and better. 

I don't even remember exactly how long I have been on BT (and can't seem to find the info anymore?) but I can honestly say that everyone I have asked a question, posted a look, or asked for help, someone somewhere on BT replied. I think that is truly amazing and is a quality not always found on other online forums. When I first started on BT I was just getting into "higher" end makeup. BT and its members where there for me and they were there for me when I became addicted to promo codes and subsequently when I decided that I needed to go on no-buys (lol). 

I wouldn't call myself an outstanding member of the community as I have stepped in and out due to life's demands. But every time I have been here I have seen so much kindness and people going out of their way to help one another. I have seen members offer to send extra samples to others FOR FREE and I have seen members support each other in moments of loss and grief of family and pets. I have always been amazed at the extent to which members willingly share their knowledge and experience.  It is my belief that this kind of camaraderie and goodness isn't directly birthed out of the platform of the forum itself but of all the awesome people who come here. 

BT is special and I know it will continue to be. This was a super long post but I just wanted to tell you all that YOU ARE APPRECIATED. 

Very nicely said @m26430 Heart

@m26430,

Thank you for your post!  I was great to read and remember that wonderful people are the reason that we are here, despite the upset of landing on a new planet where very little looks the same!  I appreciate your sincere thoughts.  ❤️

testing