Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

Hi guys! Welcome to our new home! No, you are not dreaming, we got a makeover. So, first things first: Everyone pull out your mobile phone, go to Sephora.com, and click on “Community” from the side navigation. Notice anything different? We’re mobile! We will also be integrated into the Sephora iOS and Android apps very shortly, so stay tuned.

Now that that’s out of the way, look around, check the place out. You will notice the black bar at the top that will help you navigate through the whole Beauty Insider Community. Let’s explore…

“Home” is the homepage of the Community and where you can see all of the ways you can get involved. If you ever get lost, just go home.

“Groups” is where you can find people and content that are relevant to your interests. You don’t have to be a member of a Group to see that content or to post in that Group, but by joining a group you can filter the conversations to only see content that you’re interested in. You can also be notified when someone posts a new conversation in a Group you’ve joined.

“Conversations” is where you can post just about anything beauty (or sometimes not) related. Ask questions, join in a thread, or just check out what’s happening in the Community.

“Gallery” is where you can post photos of your beauty looks and get inspiration from others.

In the top right of the navigation bar you will see a little bell. Those are your notifications. Click here to see who’s messaged you, replied to you, tagged you, or started a new conversation in a Group you’ve joined.

Next to that bell you’ll see a plus sign. By clicking on that you can join a group, start a conversation, or post a look to the gallery all from the same place.

Okay, now comes the fun part. Click on your username! This will bring you to your new Profile. The profile is your Sephora home base. It is a comprised of four tabs.

• The first tab is mostly public, with some private content where denoted. It serves as your introduction to the Community. It is where you can keep track of, and others can see your Community activity. Get in there and upload your avatar and cover photo. You can also write a little blurb introducing yourself and post links to your Instagram and YouTube accounts, if you’re into that.

The other 3 tabs are completely private, and only you will be able to see this information:

• The “Beauty Insider” tab is where you can keep track of all of your Beauty Insider Information.
  • The “Lists” tab is where you can access the products you’ve loved on the site and also past purchases.
  • The “Account” tab is where you can access all of your Sephora account information.

Got it? 😄

We know there’s a ton of new stuff here and we’re all in this together, so if you have questions, concerns or feedback, post them here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Beauty-Insider-Community-Feedback/m-p/2826082#M27931

If you’d like a little more information about how this all works, you can find it here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/BEAUTY-INSIDER-COMMUNITY-FAQs/m-p/2825445#M49862

We’re so excited to have you all here!

UPDATE: We've changed the email notifications settings so that you don't get emailed for every post in a thread you've participated in. This should alleviate some of the inbox clogging! We've also changed default notifications so that you aren't notified about activity for every thread you participate in, just the ones you've subscribed to or the Groups you've joined. 

If you'd like to change your notifications, you can so by going to the "Notifications" tab and clicking on the gray gear shift in the bottom left corner to get to your Settings. 

Re: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

@m26430   I want you to know that you are appreciated, too!  What a sweet and well written love letter to the BT/BIC community! ❤️

muah.gif

A website I can actually see without squinting!  I like it.

Hi guys! Me again! So first, I'm sorry if it feels like we've been MIA. We've been diligently running down bugs and issues with our tech team, answering private messages and trying to keep track of everything that needs to be done for the next release in a month. I want you to know that we've heard all of your feedback.

Ya'll know I always try to keep it super real with you guys, so to be honest I got all the way in my feelings being disappointed that we didn't get *quite* the glowing response from you all that I had hoped with this launch. But again, this is beta, we're consistently trying to make enhancements and updates, and we're listening to all of the feedback. So this is me climbing out of my feelings 🙂  

I also wanted to let you know that there are known issues that we are working on, and want to help you get around some of the bigger annoyances and bugs, which I've listed below. 

Threading: I highly recommend that you switch your default sort from "oldest to newest" until we can get the threading issues worked out. If you sort from "newest to oldest" there will be *no* context and the comments on the threads will literally just sort by when they were last posted. It will be weird.  Also when replying directly to someone, I recommend using the "quote" feature on the post page and the "@" tagging, so that the conversation is easier to follow. 

Layout: It's bright, we know (and my eyes are old, so...yeah). We're investigating mitigation. We're also looking into the number of threads and replies that show on the page.

Avatar Upload: The cropping issue is known and has been logged. While it's being worked out, the best way to get your avatar cropped correctly is to upload it through the "Settings" feature. You can find your settings by clicking on the notifications bell and then clicking on the gray gear shift in the photos. 

Missing Threads: This is the best way threads you've participated in that may have gotten lost in the transition. Go to your profile. Under "My Posts" click "view all".  On the view all page you will be able to see a list of all of the posts you've participated in and the conversations you've started. I recommend joining the Groups that house those threads so when you filter my "my groups" on the main conversations page you can find them again. 

Thread Photos: There is frankly not an easy way to get to all of the photos you've posted in threads, because we consider those photos part of the thread and are therefore stored in the "my replies" section of "My Posts". But we are working on bringing back the album management link. For now, if you'd like to see an actual album of the photos you've uploaded, the best way to do this is to click on the "Photos" icon when you are writing a new post. From there you can click on "saved photos".

Ranking Structure: With the new release, we had to restart the ranking structure because now instead of just getting credit for the actions you take in Conversations, you will get credit for other Community actions, like writing a review and posting a look in the Gallery. We are not going to publicize the exact actions that need to be taken to move to the next level, but I will say that posting a look to the Gallery does not "weigh" more in the algorithm than contributing in Conversations, so if you are worried that you won't move up because you aren't in the posting Gallery photos, please don't be! (But also please consider posting some looks, it's pretty fun. :)).  You should see some more movement in the rankings around the end of this month as we continue to work out the kinks.

Spam: Some good news! The spam issue is being handled, and I hope you guys can tell the difference. 

Notifications: We are working on a whole other post to help you navigate and control your notifications, so please stayed tuned for that and let me know if you have any questions. 

Okay guys, that's all I have for now. I will be back again when I have some updates. Thank you all for bearing with us and continuing to voice your concerns! Even if they do keep me up at night :D. 

<3,

Candace

@candacebtI'm sorry but my reply to this message in another thread got deleted and I am still soo confused about something and really hoping to get an answer.  So I hope I can explain this well.

After a certain amount of replies on an original comment no more replies can be made. For example... this post you made...

If you look below shimmerbait replied to you

You replied to her

but it appears that neither me or anyone else can reply to you after that. The option is not there.

Now is that new? Is that a bug? Will it be fixed?  I'm having a really hard time following conversations (even if we tag/I find quotes more confusing) because of that and trying to figure out what's what and probably the most confusing part for me even if you provided us with a wicked update I'm still lost 😄

Also are threads still being migrated? A few seem to be missing.

Thanks so much! 🙂

@candacebtgreat thanks so much for the reply. I appreciate it! :). I've already pmed out the missing threads 🙂

One of my posts got moved for no reason. My post didn't violate anything and took a long time to edit to make sure there was no hyperlinks. 😞

@veronika23 - Hi there! The "reply" issue is a known issue that we are looking into getting fixed. It's annoying, we know! 

The threads are finished being migrated so if you're having a problem finding one let me know.

Candace

RE: Re: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

@candacebt Some of my conversations are threading correctly on the app! Yay! If you have to take the heat then take the credit too! 👏

@candacebt Thanks for the update, it is much appreciated. The technical issues aren't a huge deal to me...yes, I often get so fed up that I just leave before posting anything. It's the community that's disappearing. As other veteran posters have pointed out, y'all didn't just redesign the page. You completely changed everything and removed some of the essence that made this feel like a community. It's easier to focus on an email glitch than acknowledging the clutter (conversations AND groups?!) and bigger reasons why I'm turned off. I don't need to be ranked like filtered instagram pictures. I don't need followers (I'm literally nobody lol).  It's unfortunate that you were offended, but understandable & im glad you care :). I hope that after the technical issues are solved, the purpose of this site is reviewed. Is this a community or a place for Sephora to rank & profile its customers...

Thank you for keeping us in the loop @candacebt ☺

Thank you for the update and honesty @candacebt!  You don't have an easy job. I hope you can tolerate and understand our frustration at times.

@candacebt I really appreciate the update and it's good to know that our concerns are being addressed.

Thank you for the update @candacebt 🙂  BT was also my happy place and finding it real hard to find the sense of community here especially with all the threads jumbled and not being able to reply after a certain amount of replies. I think that's my biggest problem. The conversation doesn't flow even if you quote and tag 😞

I appreciate your candor @candacebt 🙂 Thank you for coming on and giving us an update!  

I knew this would not be an easy task but I just didn't realize how much would change with this update. For me, the sense of community is rapidly diminishing and that's what has upset me the most. BT was my happy place and I hope that with time and some tweaking, BIC will be too. 

Thank you for the update @candacebt!

@candacebt

THANK YOU for all of your hard work' I think it's pretty clear that you and the other team members have worked and are continually working really hard to get the new board to work. Also want to say that the HOF gifts should remind people that we are very appreciated by Sephora and cut some slack in these nascent days and weeks of the new format. I for one am trying to use the @ feature to reply to every post because otherwise it is truly a nightmare. In a few months we will all look back at this and laugh, right? RIGHT????!? 

@candacebt  Hi Candace, thanks for the note.

Question: Why can't I access my profile?  I just get a white screen.  Can this be fixed?  It took so long to get my original account tuned up and now I'm back to being broken.

@candacebt  I am having the same problem  as @shimmerbait with my profile on my iPhone today. 😞

RE: Re: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

@shimmerbait When I click Profile I get a blank screen too. My workaround is to find one of my posts or look myself up in the kudos ranking and click on my name. That takes me to my profile page.

@shimmerbait - Hmm...I'm not sure why you can't access your profile, actually. Could you send me some info with some more information?

For the most part, I really like the concept behind the redesign [of high personalization and optimization for mobile web and native app]. As much as I love white space, I do think it could use some UI work in making things less stark and harsh on the eyes. Also, agree with everyone else in pointing out how odd it is that there is no comma in the keyboard within the app. But in general, I think that the new redesign will foster a better sense of community/drive engagement with the ability to follow other customers and really customize profiles. And - from a hosted forum perspective, Sephora still has one of the best in the game. 👏🏼

Just realized the replies parent/child relationship is a hot mess. It's impossible to follow conversations. I would prioritize fixing this ASAP as it makes for a very confusing experience.

testing