Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

Hi guys! Welcome to our new home! No, you are not dreaming, we got a makeover. So, first things first: Everyone pull out your mobile phone, go to Sephora.com, and click on “Community” from the side navigation. Notice anything different? We’re mobile! We will also be integrated into the Sephora iOS and Android apps very shortly, so stay tuned.

Now that that’s out of the way, look around, check the place out. You will notice the black bar at the top that will help you navigate through the whole Beauty Insider Community. Let’s explore…

“Home” is the homepage of the Community and where you can see all of the ways you can get involved. If you ever get lost, just go home.

“Groups” is where you can find people and content that are relevant to your interests. You don’t have to be a member of a Group to see that content or to post in that Group, but by joining a group you can filter the conversations to only see content that you’re interested in. You can also be notified when someone posts a new conversation in a Group you’ve joined.

“Conversations” is where you can post just about anything beauty (or sometimes not) related. Ask questions, join in a thread, or just check out what’s happening in the Community.

“Gallery” is where you can post photos of your beauty looks and get inspiration from others.

In the top right of the navigation bar you will see a little bell. Those are your notifications. Click here to see who’s messaged you, replied to you, tagged you, or started a new conversation in a Group you’ve joined.

Next to that bell you’ll see a plus sign. By clicking on that you can join a group, start a conversation, or post a look to the gallery all from the same place.

Okay, now comes the fun part. Click on your username! This will bring you to your new Profile. The profile is your Sephora home base. It is a comprised of four tabs.

• The first tab is mostly public, with some private content where denoted. It serves as your introduction to the Community. It is where you can keep track of, and others can see your Community activity. Get in there and upload your avatar and cover photo. You can also write a little blurb introducing yourself and post links to your Instagram and YouTube accounts, if you’re into that.

The other 3 tabs are completely private, and only you will be able to see this information:

• The “Beauty Insider” tab is where you can keep track of all of your Beauty Insider Information.
  • The “Lists” tab is where you can access the products you’ve loved on the site and also past purchases.
  • The “Account” tab is where you can access all of your Sephora account information.

Got it? 😄

We know there’s a ton of new stuff here and we’re all in this together, so if you have questions, concerns or feedback, post them here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Beauty-Insider-Community-Feedback/m-p/2826082#M27931

If you’d like a little more information about how this all works, you can find it here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/BEAUTY-INSIDER-COMMUNITY-FAQs/m-p/2825445#M49862

We’re so excited to have you all here!

UPDATE: We've changed the email notifications settings so that you don't get emailed for every post in a thread you've participated in. This should alleviate some of the inbox clogging! We've also changed default notifications so that you aren't notified about activity for every thread you participate in, just the ones you've subscribed to or the Groups you've joined. 

If you'd like to change your notifications, you can so by going to the "Notifications" tab and clicking on the gray gear shift in the bottom left corner to get to your Settings. 

Re: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

i think that's the worst part of the new layout. it's impossible to tell who's replying to who 😞

so exciting! love the new look! 🙂

RE: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

We need some more punctuation in the app keyboard! Commas are important!

Re: RE: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

This is brilliant @Beadshopgirl. "Use commas. Don't be a psycho." I want to print it out and frame it. 😉

LOL @Beadshopgirl!!  This reminds me of my favorite tshirt...

eat.JPG

Yes need commas! I hate this keyboard. I keep hitting the @ key when I need@the@space👿

Indeed. Punctuation really does matter.

Why when I go to a thread I see replies to comments but I can't see the comments? All the replies are bunched together so it's IMPOSSIBLE to know what people are talking about. We need back the layout of a comment and the replies to that comment right below the comment.

None of the threads make any sense with this new layout it is impossible to know what comments are replies to what. Sometimes you have to go back 3 and 4 pages to find the original comment and from context try to figure out who was replying to who. Please fix it this is a horrible headache it has rendered all information on this boards inaccesible

RE: Re: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

This is a big problem on the desktop but not on mobile. I can see the replies under the comment in the app on the desktop version there is no separation. Frustrating!
Anonymous Insider

so exciting!!!  ❤️

RE: Re: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

Bless your heart 😊

I just noticed the change in my Sephora app. This community idea is new to me but I will give it a try. Thanks.

I'm trying so hard to hang in here and get used to the new format but I find day by day I'm fading away. 

The biggest issue is that replies are not being placed underneath the post I'm replying to and then the pages are so short now so a reply can be on a whole other page. In that case what's the point of even replying? So my incentive to participate is slowly dwindling. I'm so sorry to say this but It's not fun and easy anymore. It's a big chore now to try to figure out the conversation 😞

Also finding the threads is a chore now too so I'm just forgetting about them altogether. 

I know it is probably impossible but my biggest wish would be to have the old BT back 😓

PaletteAddict99 wrote:

I'm trying so hard to hang in here and get used to the new format but I find day by day I'm fading away. 

The biggest issue is that replies are not being placed underneath the post I'm replying to and then the pages are so short now so a reply can be on a whole other page. In that case what's the point of even replying? So my incentive to participate is slowly dwindling. I'm so sorry to say this but It's not fun and easy anymore. It's a big chore now to try to figure out the conversation 😞

Also finding the threads is a chore now too so I'm just forgetting about them altogether. 

I know it is probably impossible but my biggest wish would be to have the old BT back 😓

Agreed! I used to be very active on BT and then it got all wonky on my phone so I couldn't ever log in and now I'm trying to be active again because it works on my phone now but everything is all over the place and its just impossible and frustrating.

Someone mentioned this is similar to the way Twitter is set up....there's a reason I don't use and don't like Twitter! lol

It's so unorganized, you would think they would have had a BETA version or a better developer. The black and white contrast is hard to read on a phone (some of us need glasses!) Where did all the message boards I loved gooooooooo??!

And I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I can't scroll this new nonsense. How do the levels work?? How do I move up from a rookie?? 

I am right there with you. It is impossible to follow and participate in conversations when replies are all over the place and seemingly out of sequence. I hate it!

Why y'all decided to make this like Twitter is beyond me!  I don' think this format works because this is a chat board.  

On the main feed all I can see is the Title of the thread and a Time. Not sure if it was when the thread was created or when someone last posted.

I WANT to see Title of thread, the Poster who started it and the Date it was created.  Yep, just like before.   

I don't really like to post in old threads or sometimes with posters I don't recognize.  

This thread also says........Wednesday.  Ok, Can we get an actual date?  

Thank y'all for listening to our feedback!!!!

I don't know what bugs have been fixed and what haven't but I'm still having problems with posts threading in all different ways (like this one for example). I just simply can not find anything. I also read earlier this afternoon that Conversations were now incorporated into the app but each time I've checked I don't see it. I even looked for an update in the iTunes app store and I'm all up-to-date so I don't know why all users aren't seeing it. Since I post almost exclusively thru my phone and you can't scroll or move around in the text editor in mobile I can't do much here. *sniff sniff* 

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I seem to find it but is there any way to get responses to show up right below the original post in chronological order like BT did? Unless someone tags me in the response, I have no idea if they are responding to me or someone else because the comment ends up on a different page. 🙂 

@NotCrocker

I can't reply to your post or quote you 😉 , but I agree with the following comment you made:

"Looking at the threading to the uploads page in the avatar selection, it seems to me that we are missing a "My Albums" tab in our profiles."

I miss my old profile pic! 😞

Your make up is the best and i cannot thank you enough!!!! Such amazing quality!!!!
testing