Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

Hi guys! Welcome to our new home! No, you are not dreaming, we got a makeover. So, first things first: Everyone pull out your mobile phone, go to Sephora.com, and click on “Community” from the side navigation. Notice anything different? We’re mobile! We will also be integrated into the Sephora iOS and Android apps very shortly, so stay tuned.

Now that that’s out of the way, look around, check the place out. You will notice the black bar at the top that will help you navigate through the whole Beauty Insider Community. Let’s explore…

“Home” is the homepage of the Community and where you can see all of the ways you can get involved. If you ever get lost, just go home.

“Groups” is where you can find people and content that are relevant to your interests. You don’t have to be a member of a Group to see that content or to post in that Group, but by joining a group you can filter the conversations to only see content that you’re interested in. You can also be notified when someone posts a new conversation in a Group you’ve joined.

“Conversations” is where you can post just about anything beauty (or sometimes not) related. Ask questions, join in a thread, or just check out what’s happening in the Community.

“Gallery” is where you can post photos of your beauty looks and get inspiration from others.

In the top right of the navigation bar you will see a little bell. Those are your notifications. Click here to see who’s messaged you, replied to you, tagged you, or started a new conversation in a Group you’ve joined.

Next to that bell you’ll see a plus sign. By clicking on that you can join a group, start a conversation, or post a look to the gallery all from the same place.

Okay, now comes the fun part. Click on your username! This will bring you to your new Profile. The profile is your Sephora home base. It is a comprised of four tabs.

• The first tab is mostly public, with some private content where denoted. It serves as your introduction to the Community. It is where you can keep track of, and others can see your Community activity. Get in there and upload your avatar and cover photo. You can also write a little blurb introducing yourself and post links to your Instagram and YouTube accounts, if you’re into that.

The other 3 tabs are completely private, and only you will be able to see this information:

• The “Beauty Insider” tab is where you can keep track of all of your Beauty Insider Information.
  • The “Lists” tab is where you can access the products you’ve loved on the site and also past purchases.
  • The “Account” tab is where you can access all of your Sephora account information.

Got it? 😄

We know there’s a ton of new stuff here and we’re all in this together, so if you have questions, concerns or feedback, post them here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Beauty-Insider-Community-Feedback/m-p/2826082#M27931

If you’d like a little more information about how this all works, you can find it here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/BEAUTY-INSIDER-COMMUNITY-FAQs/m-p/2825445#M49862

We’re so excited to have you all here!

UPDATE: We've changed the email notifications settings so that you don't get emailed for every post in a thread you've participated in. This should alleviate some of the inbox clogging! We've also changed default notifications so that you aren't notified about activity for every thread you participate in, just the ones you've subscribed to or the Groups you've joined. 

If you'd like to change your notifications, you can so by going to the "Notifications" tab and clicking on the gray gear shift in the bottom left corner to get to your Settings. 

Re: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

@candacebt Thank you so much for this post! This definitely caught me off guard, and your post will help me navigate through the changes.

That said, I haven't been here nearly as long as some of the others, but I kind of feel like I've been erased. Or mostly erased. I can't access any of the pictures I'd uploaded, and according to my profile, I only have 5 posts (though I see 159 when I actually go to view my posts). (Granted, the main picture I care about was my former profile picture, which is relatively easily fixed - it's going to take some digging to find it again). It just feels like the last few months since I've joined have all but disappeared. I'm hoping it's just a bug and that it's still being fixed.

I would also like to add my two cents and suggest adding some sort of color in the background. This is fine for a  mobile phone, but out of all the platforms I use, my phone is probably the least likely for me to actually access Beautytalk/the Community on. I'm looking forward to exploring the new Community, but as it is, this might be a little harder until everything's fixed up.

I had 428 posts on old BT...my new post count here shows as 370 on My Posts and that includes the numerous posts I've made since the swap, so I lost quite a few as well. I agree about feeling partially erased, and as a newer member it is a bit disheartening. 😕

Old pictures show up somewhere on your profile, I stumbled on them somewhere, but I think it was only when you try to change your avatar...I couldn't find any other way to access them other than that (and it was fairly useless...all I could do was make one my avi).

I access BT mostly from my phone, and all the white is actually fairly obnoxious there too. Super bright glare and high contrast is a bit headache-inducing. A softer background would be lovely.

I don't think I came across them even when I tried changing my avatar. Mine is a picture that a friend took of me during a project and posted on Facebook and Instagram. I ended up redownloading and uploading it. Which wasn't too hard, but more effort than it should have been, I think. And I can't move the picture around to get it centered properly, either. 😞

ETA: Scratch that - I think I found where I'm supposed to change my avatar - and it wasn't the same page that was showing up when I tried to change it from the Edit button on the profile page (when you click on the default image)

@candacebt The emails are still an issue. I updated my notifications a few times and Im still getting a massive amount of emails. It's up to 900 emails for today. 

I'm sorry, I can't follow anything going on in any of the threads. Nothing seems to be in the correct order, random replies to things not under their original comment etc. And it doesn't matter how I sort the thread, new->old, old->new, it's the same. Not to mention the 1,000+ emails I got, lol.

A few more threads I noticed were missing, some mine, some not:

TOM FORD UPDATES
UPCOMING BITE BEAUTY RELEASES

LET'S TALK ABOUT CHARLOTTE TILBURY

FRAGRANCE JUNKIE CENTRAL

THE GIVENCHY THREAD

Thanks! 🙂

Mochapj wrote:

A few more threads I noticed were missing, some mine, some not:

TOM FORD UPDATES
UPCOMING BITE BEAUTY RELEASES

LET'S TALK ABOUT CHARLOTTE TILBURY

FRAGRANCE JUNKIE CENTRAL

THE GIVENCHY THREAD

Thanks! 🙂

The very weird thing about this @Mochapj is when they started the migration Tuesday night, I saw the Tom Ford thread, and even posted on it. Similiar to me seeing some of the other missing threads. Weird. 

I had found the current Deals too good to pass Up! thread and now I can't find it, only the two older ones, which frankly should be deleted.  Ugh!

Same @mrsbaine - I posted some updates in the Charlotte Tilbury and Givenchy threads yesterday morning but they've since disappeared 😞

@candacebt I've noticed while browsing through "Conversations" that the comment shown in each thread is not the last comment posted, but some random previous comment. I hope this is a temporary glitch otherwise it will be pointless to browse through the main page to see if there are news.

DaintyDiva wrote:

@candacebt I've noticed while browsing through "Conversations" that the comment shown in each thread is not the last comment posted, but some random previous comment. I hope this is a temporary glitch otherwise it will be pointless to browse through the main page to see if there are news.

Yup, I reported this one over on the feedback thread as well. 

Hi, If I subscribe to a thread what happens? Does it show in my notifications? Add it to my groups, send me emails? Trying to 'favourite' threads i visit often so I can always check themn when I log on the site, not quite sure how to do it, and dont want tonnes of emails as I check in daily lol.

Anonymous Insider

Hmmm.. Is there going to be a Report type button for spam posts? Forum already has at least two spam posts...

CatFamiliar1 wrote:

Hmmm.. Is there going to be a Report type button for spam posts? Forum already has at least two spam posts...

At the bottom right corner of every post there are 3 dots, if you click on it the last option is to report inappropriate content.

How do I subscribe to a thread???

Hello welcome to the future 🙂

What is the difference between Conversations and Groups? It seems a bit redundant. If somebody starts a conversation and you're interested, you can join it. But you have to join a group to be part of those conversations? We used to be one big group that had various conversations.  I hope that makes sense! 

Oh and when I'm on my phone, I can't scroll up inside text boxes when typing a longer message. 

All of my pictures are gone!  I'm really bummed about that.  I've been on here since the start (2010 if I recall).  I had a lot of pictures.  😞

I haven't been here nearly as long, but yeah, mine have disappeared, too. 😞

I see that the spam issue is still not fixed. It's becoming a huge eyesore and definitely not a good impression for all the new members. I had really hoped that something was put in place when the new layout was launched. As someone suggested, a CAPTCHA before account creation would definitely reduce spam and bots. Are the community mods assigned yet? If so, I hope some are up and putting these aside! 

Anonymous Insider

There is a serious spamming problem going on - barely any beauty chat to be seen on my home pageCapture.JPG

1 Reply
testing