Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

Hi guys! Welcome to our new home! No, you are not dreaming, we got a makeover. So, first things first: Everyone pull out your mobile phone, go to Sephora.com, and click on “Community” from the side navigation. Notice anything different? We’re mobile! We will also be integrated into the Sephora iOS and Android apps very shortly, so stay tuned.

Now that that’s out of the way, look around, check the place out. You will notice the black bar at the top that will help you navigate through the whole Beauty Insider Community. Let’s explore…

“Home” is the homepage of the Community and where you can see all of the ways you can get involved. If you ever get lost, just go home.

“Groups” is where you can find people and content that are relevant to your interests. You don’t have to be a member of a Group to see that content or to post in that Group, but by joining a group you can filter the conversations to only see content that you’re interested in. You can also be notified when someone posts a new conversation in a Group you’ve joined.

“Conversations” is where you can post just about anything beauty (or sometimes not) related. Ask questions, join in a thread, or just check out what’s happening in the Community.

“Gallery” is where you can post photos of your beauty looks and get inspiration from others.

In the top right of the navigation bar you will see a little bell. Those are your notifications. Click here to see who’s messaged you, replied to you, tagged you, or started a new conversation in a Group you’ve joined.

Next to that bell you’ll see a plus sign. By clicking on that you can join a group, start a conversation, or post a look to the gallery all from the same place.

Okay, now comes the fun part. Click on your username! This will bring you to your new Profile. The profile is your Sephora home base. It is a comprised of four tabs.

• The first tab is mostly public, with some private content where denoted. It serves as your introduction to the Community. It is where you can keep track of, and others can see your Community activity. Get in there and upload your avatar and cover photo. You can also write a little blurb introducing yourself and post links to your Instagram and YouTube accounts, if you’re into that.

The other 3 tabs are completely private, and only you will be able to see this information:

• The “Beauty Insider” tab is where you can keep track of all of your Beauty Insider Information.
  • The “Lists” tab is where you can access the products you’ve loved on the site and also past purchases.
  • The “Account” tab is where you can access all of your Sephora account information.

Got it? 😄

We know there’s a ton of new stuff here and we’re all in this together, so if you have questions, concerns or feedback, post them here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Beauty-Insider-Community-Feedback/m-p/2826082#M27931

If you’d like a little more information about how this all works, you can find it here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/BEAUTY-INSIDER-COMMUNITY-FAQs/m-p/2825445#M49862

We’re so excited to have you all here!

UPDATE: We've changed the email notifications settings so that you don't get emailed for every post in a thread you've participated in. This should alleviate some of the inbox clogging! We've also changed default notifications so that you aren't notified about activity for every thread you participate in, just the ones you've subscribed to or the Groups you've joined. 

If you'd like to change your notifications, you can so by going to the "Notifications" tab and clicking on the gray gear shift in the bottom left corner to get to your Settings. 

Re: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

Hey ther @candacebt! I'm sure you guys have been busy! I posted this on another thread but thought to move it here (from my mobile device! Kudos!) 

1. You can't reply to a reply.
2. Threads are missing. Is that people the thread owners haven't agreed to terms and conditions? Or signed in?
3. The hierarchy of thread replies stacks on top instead of underneath; is that by design?

mrsbaine wrote:

Hey ther @candacebt! I'm sure you guys have been busy! I posted this on another thread but thought to move it here (from my mobile device! Kudos!) 

1. You can't reply to a reply.
2. Threads are missing. Is that people the thread owners haven't agreed to terms and conditions? Or signed in?
3. The hierarchy of thread replies stacks on top instead of underneath; is that by design?

Hiii! Answers! (I think)

1. Yup, this is a known issue (that is driving me crazy). Working on it!

2. Threads are still migrating but their shouldn't be anything "missing". If you have a specific thread you're looking for post it in the Feedback thread Katie started and we'll try to track it down.

3. That's a bug, and it's because you have your view sorted to newest first. If you sort to oldest first it fixes it (but it's annoying because you have to go to the last page of the thread to see the new replies). Working on it!

Thanks so much @candacebt! Just knowing you guys see the same issues and are working on them gives me a big sigh of relief. I think the transition is going pretty well so far, and really appreciate your presence and updates in the threads.

Anonymous Insider

Seriously, why do I still get 2k mail from BI?? Sephora BT sure is bombing me every sec. I was unsubscribe already!

Me too! It's so much I'm actually laughing. It makes me feel so popular. I never get that many emails. 😂🎉

koko46 wrote:

Seriously, why do I still get 2k mail from BI?? Sephora BT sure is bombing me every sec. I was unsubscribe already!

We're working on default settings, but  kariyava is correct. You can update your email settings by clicking on the gear icon from the Notifications drop down. 

@Anonymous For some reason the default email setting is to get notifications for every thread you post on.  To change this, click the bell on the top right, then the gear on the bottom left of the pull down notification menu.  Go to your email settings and change the default.

Thanks @candacebt 😘

I wish the 'look' was more toned down!  Needs some contrast.  More organization.

Omg!  The background is a blinding white and the font seems huge and since it is all black it is hard to focus!  lol!!!!

Will take some used to...........for sure!!!

wheeeee wrote:

I wish the 'look' was more toned down!  Needs some contrast.  More organization.

Omg!  The background is a blinding white and the font seems huge and since it is all black it is hard to focus!  lol!!!!

The design experts tell me this is what "Responsive" looks like (so you can read it more easily on your phone), but I feel you. This particular point might be a work in progress. 🙂 

Interesting. I am not a mobile user.. Wonder if theres a way to interface to be friendly for all users. I want to be here, but it hurts my eyes! 

@candacebtI would make the spacing a little smaller.  It looks like it's currently 1.5 lines spacing, I might make 1 line and then a 12 pt spacing after each paragraph.  I feel like I'm scrolling all day to read posts.

@candacebt My husband is in IT and into gaming forums and he says he likes the new look. 

Ditto! It looks good on a phone but on any bigger screen, even an iPad, the white on white and font is too much.

candacebt wrote:

wheeeee wrote:

The design experts tell me this is what "Responsive" looks like (so you can read it more easily on your phone), but I feel you. This particular point might be a work in progress. 🙂 

@candacebt As someone who primarily uses a laptop to access this, I'm having to step away shortly after about an hour of exploring because it's straining my eyes after a workday. I get optimizing for mobile, but it's starting to hurt. And some beauty hurts, but this community isn't one of those things that should!

I'm probably in the minority, but it's irritating my eyes so much that I have to put my computer away. Just my $0.02.

Thanks for holding our hands every step of the way @candacebt 😂 We really do need it

testing