Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

Hi guys! Welcome to our new home! No, you are not dreaming, we got a makeover. So, first things first: Everyone pull out your mobile phone, go to Sephora.com, and click on “Community” from the side navigation. Notice anything different? We’re mobile! We will also be integrated into the Sephora iOS and Android apps very shortly, so stay tuned.

Now that that’s out of the way, look around, check the place out. You will notice the black bar at the top that will help you navigate through the whole Beauty Insider Community. Let’s explore…

“Home” is the homepage of the Community and where you can see all of the ways you can get involved. If you ever get lost, just go home.

“Groups” is where you can find people and content that are relevant to your interests. You don’t have to be a member of a Group to see that content or to post in that Group, but by joining a group you can filter the conversations to only see content that you’re interested in. You can also be notified when someone posts a new conversation in a Group you’ve joined.

“Conversations” is where you can post just about anything beauty (or sometimes not) related. Ask questions, join in a thread, or just check out what’s happening in the Community.

“Gallery” is where you can post photos of your beauty looks and get inspiration from others.

In the top right of the navigation bar you will see a little bell. Those are your notifications. Click here to see who’s messaged you, replied to you, tagged you, or started a new conversation in a Group you’ve joined.

Next to that bell you’ll see a plus sign. By clicking on that you can join a group, start a conversation, or post a look to the gallery all from the same place.

Okay, now comes the fun part. Click on your username! This will bring you to your new Profile. The profile is your Sephora home base. It is a comprised of four tabs.

• The first tab is mostly public, with some private content where denoted. It serves as your introduction to the Community. It is where you can keep track of, and others can see your Community activity. Get in there and upload your avatar and cover photo. You can also write a little blurb introducing yourself and post links to your Instagram and YouTube accounts, if you’re into that.

The other 3 tabs are completely private, and only you will be able to see this information:

• The “Beauty Insider” tab is where you can keep track of all of your Beauty Insider Information.
  • The “Lists” tab is where you can access the products you’ve loved on the site and also past purchases.
  • The “Account” tab is where you can access all of your Sephora account information.

Got it? 😄

We know there’s a ton of new stuff here and we’re all in this together, so if you have questions, concerns or feedback, post them here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Beauty-Insider-Community-Feedback/m-p/2826082#M27931

If you’d like a little more information about how this all works, you can find it here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/BEAUTY-INSIDER-COMMUNITY-FAQs/m-p/2825445#M49862

We’re so excited to have you all here!

UPDATE: We've changed the email notifications settings so that you don't get emailed for every post in a thread you've participated in. This should alleviate some of the inbox clogging! We've also changed default notifications so that you aren't notified about activity for every thread you participate in, just the ones you've subscribed to or the Groups you've joined. 

If you'd like to change your notifications, you can so by going to the "Notifications" tab and clicking on the gray gear shift in the bottom left corner to get to your Settings. 

Re: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

A "new BT" heart party! 😄

sparkling-gold-heart-animated-gif

giphy

Thank you for explaining what is going on! I was so lost, but I'm glad that this was the first thread to click on.

Hey! So of course I was subscribed to certain boards and I agreed to receive notification on new posts. all day today I have been getting hundreds of emails with "updates" but it's all older posts. Is there any way to fix this?

Maria88 wrote:

Hey! So of course I was subscribed to certain boards and I agreed to receive notification on new posts. all day today I have been getting hundreds of emails with "updates" but it's all older posts. Is there any way to fix this?

Yes, the default notifications issue is getting looked at. For now, you can change your settings by going to your notifications drop down and clicking on the gear shift in the bottom left corner. 

@candacebtI am really like the new community already. I also feel inspired to post more pictures and looks!!! This is so not like me lol

Thanks @candacebt this is all super helpful information!  It's just like moving to a new house:). Soon finding everything will be second nature. 

@candacebt Thank you guys for all the hard work of getting everything set up. I think we will all learn to love the new community as much as the old BT after going through some growing pains 🙂 So am I correct to assume aside from some tweaks and bug fixing, this is the general and finished look and feel of the new community? As in the majority of the migrating is finalized? Thanks again!

@Glitternoodle That is correct. Right now just working on bug fixes and wonky issues, but this is what it looks like! As I said above though, the fonts and spacing and whatnot might be reevaluated just to make sure it's working for everyone. 

I've only been lurking BT for a awhile but this newness is exciting and is definitely motivating me to get a little more involved! 😊 (So pumped the community is accessible on mobile now!)

Thank you for the advice and explanations... I'm sure we'll all be accustomed in no time... hopefully 😄

We are excited to be here and I hope that we can help you as much as you can help us with the growing pains of a new format! Because I am certain that for as much "distress" as we are feeling with the changes, you are feeling it 10x as you try to make it all come together. 

Image result for group hug gif

ALL the hearts for a Community gif @NotCrocker 

@AshleyYVR YAS COMMUNITY!

Thanks @candacebt! We've evolved 😄

glitter rainbow llama alpaca what the heck GIF

Shiny and new! 😄

Thank you so much for this info @candacebt!

Thanks so much @candacebt!  I guess the migration isn't done yet?  I'm so lost... where are my picture folders lol

veronika23 wrote:

Thanks so much @candacebt!  I guess the migration isn't done yet?  I'm so lost... where are my picture folders lol

Picture folders are in a weird place right now and seem to only be accessible through the add a photo flow. But I'm looking into getting them put back in a normal spot. 

@candacebt thanks a milli! ♡♡

testing