Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

Hi guys! Welcome to our new home! No, you are not dreaming, we got a makeover. So, first things first: Everyone pull out your mobile phone, go to Sephora.com, and click on “Community” from the side navigation. Notice anything different? We’re mobile! We will also be integrated into the Sephora iOS and Android apps very shortly, so stay tuned.

Now that that’s out of the way, look around, check the place out. You will notice the black bar at the top that will help you navigate through the whole Beauty Insider Community. Let’s explore…

“Home” is the homepage of the Community and where you can see all of the ways you can get involved. If you ever get lost, just go home.

“Groups” is where you can find people and content that are relevant to your interests. You don’t have to be a member of a Group to see that content or to post in that Group, but by joining a group you can filter the conversations to only see content that you’re interested in. You can also be notified when someone posts a new conversation in a Group you’ve joined.

“Conversations” is where you can post just about anything beauty (or sometimes not) related. Ask questions, join in a thread, or just check out what’s happening in the Community.

“Gallery” is where you can post photos of your beauty looks and get inspiration from others.

In the top right of the navigation bar you will see a little bell. Those are your notifications. Click here to see who’s messaged you, replied to you, tagged you, or started a new conversation in a Group you’ve joined.

Next to that bell you’ll see a plus sign. By clicking on that you can join a group, start a conversation, or post a look to the gallery all from the same place.

Okay, now comes the fun part. Click on your username! This will bring you to your new Profile. The profile is your Sephora home base. It is a comprised of four tabs.

• The first tab is mostly public, with some private content where denoted. It serves as your introduction to the Community. It is where you can keep track of, and others can see your Community activity. Get in there and upload your avatar and cover photo. You can also write a little blurb introducing yourself and post links to your Instagram and YouTube accounts, if you’re into that.

The other 3 tabs are completely private, and only you will be able to see this information:

• The “Beauty Insider” tab is where you can keep track of all of your Beauty Insider Information.
  • The “Lists” tab is where you can access the products you’ve loved on the site and also past purchases.
  • The “Account” tab is where you can access all of your Sephora account information.

Got it? 😄

We know there’s a ton of new stuff here and we’re all in this together, so if you have questions, concerns or feedback, post them here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Beauty-Insider-Community-Feedback/m-p/2826082#M27931

If you’d like a little more information about how this all works, you can find it here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/BEAUTY-INSIDER-COMMUNITY-FAQs/m-p/2825445#M49862

We’re so excited to have you all here!

UPDATE: We've changed the email notifications settings so that you don't get emailed for every post in a thread you've participated in. This should alleviate some of the inbox clogging! We've also changed default notifications so that you aren't notified about activity for every thread you participate in, just the ones you've subscribed to or the Groups you've joined. 

If you'd like to change your notifications, you can so by going to the "Notifications" tab and clicking on the gray gear shift in the bottom left corner to get to your Settings. 

Re: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

@candacebt  is there a way to access/manage our picture folder.  I need to do some cleaning, girl. Thanks...

RE: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

I'm trying to get the 5️⃣0️⃣points as well and can't figure it out LOL 🤣🤣🤣

What exactly do we have to do to get the 50 extra points? BTW this thread is so amazing and informative. 

@MRY1992,

I believe you have to fill out every section of your Profile to get the 50 points.

@candacebt I would LOVE it if there was a way for us to bookmark our favorite posts from other BICers.  Sometimes someone will mention various products that I want to try, but I don't have time to make a mental note or add the products to my "loves."  Marking the posts would give me the opportunity to go back and reference them at a later date.  Just some food for thought...

Related image

@greeneyedgirl107 You can already do this. Click on the grey dots at the bottom right corner of the post you want to keep and select Bookmark. You can find a list of all bookmarked posts/threads in your Settings.

@bonafide11 OMG!  Thanks so much!!!  I remember one thread I want to bookmark, but now I can't remember the other.  Thanks for the help!

Image result for hearts gif

how do you use the conversation search feature..mine does...

how do you use the conversation search feature..mine doesnt work

@candacebt Any more updates for us? You mentioned in July that we'd see some movement in the 'ranks' by the end of that month, and nothing has shifted yet.

Thanks, as always for the hard work, and I hope that the party was amazing for your team as well!

Community inside the sephora app is sooooo not working. The keyboard doesn't have comma. Can tou guys fix it? We really don't need a customized keyboard. My space bar is too short for no benefits.

Is there anyway I can see my reviews instead of the most recent one

Re: RE: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

Hey @kaybeebaltz If you go to your profile and scroll down to the reviews section, right beside "Recent Reviews" there is a button that says "View all" 

That said, this is only available on the desktop browser version, I can't find a way to show all your reviews on the app.

Capture.JPG

RE: Re: RE: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

Thank you!!

So excited for this!

the search conversations button does not WORK

the search conversations button does not WORK

Sorry, i just realized i already posted about the question mark last weekend. I thought that post hadn't gone through but i just looked at my history and apparently it did! 😳 Just ignore the ranting and raving lady in the corner.

Re: RE: Welcome to your new Beauty Insider Community!

Lol, rave away!  @starsandbucks

Been using the mobile app and my biggest problem is after I've clicked back out of a thread it takes me aaalllll the way back to the very beginning of the board and not to where i was just was and then i have to find/scroll my way back to that point. I want to pull my hair out after the third or fourth time and i usually just stop browsing. 😢 Also, i can't find a question mark anywhere on my keyboard. And like everyone else, that tiny spacebar is a killer. (Adding: i just tried to go and change some text in my first paragraph and the cursor is VERY finicky and wouldn't stay in place and allow me to type new text.) Anyway, here is my keyboard - sans question mark. Love that the board has gone mobile! Looking forward to all the final tweaks. 😊

This is very good to know. I just set up my profile last night and I still need to figure out the sephora social media platform. So far, it seems very fun! 

Ooo...I think replies are nesting properly under a post now? Hope that's not a fluke. Thank you mods!!

267 Replies
testing