Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Weekly Wow 9/20

It’s that time of the week again!  Weekly Wow is coming on Thursday, 9/20,, so keep reading to find out about this week’s juicy deals! And as always, here are a few reminders before we start:

• The Weekly Wow program is offered in the US and Canada (online and in-store).
  • Deals go live each Thursday and most are only on sale for one week only.
  • When items sell out, they are gone so I suggest hopping on your favorite deals early!

045D5937-7A73-4E6D-954F-E2725036EC96.JPG

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick $22 $11 (US)

Can we take a minute to deeply appreciate this soft, highly-pigmented formula? It’s so creamy and lightweight that I forgot I was wearing it halfway through my day. It contains vitamin E and avocado oil, which work to hydrate and soften the lips. Here are some swatches of my favorite shades (similar colors yet very different).

stilalippie.png

Stila Glitterati Glitterati Lip Top Coat $22 $11(US)

Just when we thought the lippie party was over we’re back with another! I have seen a couple lip toppers before but never a formula like this one.  This formula contains ultra-fine pearls in a clear water base, so it washes over the lips adding sparkle while keeping your lip color matte.

stilaglitter.png

IMG_2707.jpg

Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum $88 $44 (US)

This is a gentle retinol serum (but always patch test before applying to your face) that helps decrease the look of fine lines and  wrinkles as well asl firms and evens skintone. @KatieBT got a chance to try this out for a few days and she noticed it helped minimized acne scars and made her skin feel and look more radiant. Needless to say I had to pry it out of her hands to give it back but she’s okay with that since it will be 50% off.

p386465-av-01-thumb400.jpg

Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Serum SPF 30 $30 (US)

This is a skincare-friendly foundation serum designed to perfect your complexion with buildable coverage. One of my co-workers tried this foundation and she liked it because it was sheer and felt lightweight which is important to her because she doesn’t wear foundation on a regular basis. She also noticed that this appeared to help minimize the appearance of redness and her pores.  

What’s your favorite skincare product that contains retinol? Show & Tell!

Re: Weekly Wow 9/20

The whole Stila thing kind of makes me sad. I really wanted to pick up some shades to add as extras to gifts. Why doesnt it show when a MOD edits a post? 🤷‍♀️

It is understandable that brands have a say in making decision about which product can go on sale in which country. It is also understandable that in original post somehow they forgot to mention that these weekly wows were going to be US only. However when the post was edited to add (US) it would have been nice if they put a note that it is been edited to correct the mistake. 

In OP it wasn’t mentioned these deals are US only as I also looked into Stila lipstick colours to see which ones I don’t own and want to pick.

I thought the (US) was to indicate it was US pricing? For...

I thought the (US) was to indicate it was US pricing? For example, the Stila liquid lips are $22 (but now on sale for) $11 (US). It was disappointing to see our Weekly Wow as 1 item and not even listed in the original post. Especially as in the first few lines of the OP it states that Weekly Wows are available in the US and Canada. As mentioned above, a little updated note would have been nice just to keep us Canadians in the loop.

Re: I thought the (US) was to indicate it was US pricing? For...

@Fallingsnow@In weeky Wows (US) means the deal will be for US only . The thing is it wasn’t there when the deals were originally posted so Canadians got excited but then later the post was edited to add (US)

This is for US only. Canadian Sephora (atleast in store) no longer carries Stila as its now for the most part exclusive to Shoppers Drugs Mart in Canada. 

@Meghaaaaaannn

We've always had Stila online. They could have included us in the WW. 😐

Again, nothing interesting for Canadians!

Just to add to @keana1 's comment.. in case any Canadians were interested, here's our item for the Weekly Wow, since it wasn't included in the OP - half price Boscia Pink mask.

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/luminizing-pink-mask-P424981?icid2=bd_weeklywow_ca_carousel_09...

RE: Re: Weekly Wow 9/20

Youre totally right. I could have missed it but I could have sworn when I first looked it didnt say each item was just for the US. I did all this research on what stila shades to get for nothing now lol @lachaton

Re: RE: Re: Weekly Wow 9/20

@sydtomato  Same here! I spent so much time researching what shades I was going to get. I don't understand why Canadians can't get the same deal if the products are carried here as well? This is so frustrating 😞

@sydtomato

I dont think the OP specified US as I made a list of shades and added them to my cart, which I wouldnt have done had it specified.

@sydtomato I didn’t see them listed as U.S. only either when I initially checked. I could be wrong, but I can’t imagine this many of us missing that.

@sydtomato  wow same... watched so many  YouTube swatches of the Stila lippies 🤦🏼‍♀️

It's weird cause it says Canada will be getting those items too @lachaton

@sydtomato I just noticed that after each item in the OP, there's (US) in brackets like that. At the top, it just says the Weekly Wow program is available in both the US and Canada. It is odd to see that no Canadian items were listed at all in the OP this time.

It may say (US) now, but I don't remember seeing that when the post first went up. Ever since they announced that Canada would share in some of the Weekly Wows I've been careful to look for the price in Canadian dollars and I clearly remember being frustrated that only one price was listed this time, with no indication which country it applied to. Now maybe my memory is out to lunch, but I'd bet that they edited the post sometime in the last day or so - and *still* neglected to add the one product Canadians are getting.

@LadyKabe That makes a lot of sense, particularly given the number of responses here.

I have to say, I'd be really disappointed if that is precisely what happened. I wouldn't mind if the OP was clearly edited to indicate that some information had been missing, so they were providing corrections. Hopefully, in the future, clearer information is provided in the beginning and if a mistake needs to be corrected, then it's clearly indicated. Of course it's disappointing to miss out on deals, but that's likely up to the brands themselves or certain contracts - and at least then we wouldn't be scratching our heads in confusion!

I wanted to say that I've used the No Foundation Foundation Serum and really like it.  It is really lightweight and incorporates skincare so that I don't feel the need to layer too many products on my skin.

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • stilalippie.png
  • stilaglitter.png
  • 045D5937-7A73-4E6D-954F-E2725036EC96.JPG
  • IMG_2707.jpg
  • p386465-av-01-thumb400.jpg
  • giphy.gif
testing