From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Trending at Sephora

Trending at Sephora

• 184019 Members
  • 2904 Conversations
  • 0 Photos

Stay up to date on the latest products, brands, and features available at Sephora, straight from HQ.

Stay up to date on the latest products, brands, and features available at Sephora, straight from HQ.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Trending at Sephora
BEAUTY NEWS 2.0
|
Re: BEAUTY NEWS 2.0
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: Current Sephora North America president Artemis Patrick to become Sephora North America CEO, effective April 1 "It's a change, bu ...read more
Current Sephora North America president Artemis Patrick to become Sephora North America CEO, effective April 1 "It's a change, but it also feels like home," said Sephora North America president Artemis Patrick of her April 1 appointment as the first woman chief executive officer to lead the LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton-owned retailer, in an exclusive interview with WWD. Dressed in a long flowing navy dress paired with her signature cowboy boots, Patrick, an 18-year Sephora veteran often referred to in industry circles as the brand whisperer, was in New York City with a packed schedule that included accepting the Catalyst Award on Sephora's behalf, attending the Women's Leadership Network capstone event for the Estée Lauder Cos. and visiting three potential sites for new Sephora stores. The pace is the norm for Patrick, who is based in San Francisco where Sephora North America is headquartered. In the run-up to her CEO appointment, she has shadowed current CEO Jean-André Rougeot for three months, and for the last three months, Rougeot, who is retiring, shadowed Patrick. "The level of surprise is not super extreme," she said of the learning curve as she transitions from global chief merchandising officer to president, North America, and soon the dual title of CEO. "It's more around the learning of and leaning into the functions that I'm frankly less familiar with. For example, the supply chain. A couple of weeks ago I went to Vegas to visit our distribution center and I'm going to Utah. These distribution centers are churning out hundreds of thousands of orders and they're all our own people." Rougeot leaves Sephora as the largest prestige beauty player in the U.S., with sales of $10 billion. That puts the retailer in a stronger position than before the coronavirus pandemic, and Patrick has no desire to slow the momentum. Her strategy is to remain focused on a handful of priorities and not worry about what the competition is doing. In terms of categories, Patrick, who will report to Guillaume Motte, president and CEO of Sephora's global business, still sees much opportunity in prestige facial and body skin care, as well as hair. While Sol de Janeiro is leading body care, Patrick said there are a lot of great brands popping up, including the relaunch of Josie Maran. On facial skin care and the phenomenon of younger shoppers at Sephora and concerns that they are buying products too harsh for their young skin, Patrick believes the retailer's beauty advisers are key. "They're not on commission. We spend a tremendous amount of time and resources and energy on educating our beauty advisers," she said. "They do their very best to make sure that the new consumer knows this is right for your skin without being condescending. But the reality is they know what they know and they know what they want, so there's only so much they can do." While some competitors including Ulta Beauty are carving out dedicated wellness areas in stores, Patrick does not see that as a route for Sephora. "I don't think that's how the consumer shops. It's a journey. If I'm standing at the hair space and I'm thinking about hair growth and I see a beautiful brand like Act+Acre, that's where I would expect to see it - next to my shampoos and conditioner," she said, adding that Sephora is the exclusive brick-and-mortar player for hair health brand Nutrafol. "Wellness is a very broad term that sometimes means supplements and in some cases means yoga or sleep, for example, so we actually believe we have a lot of wellness categories in the existing portfolio," she continued.But while wellness walls won't be appearing anytime soon, Sephora's fleet will be getting a makeover during an extensive refurbishment project. "This is a massive investment. It will take at least five years," Patrick said. "In some cases it's essentially building a new store, but we strongly believe that whether you're in Manhattan or Omaha, Neb., you should have the same experience." During a wider media briefing, Patrick also spoke about the significance of the beauty retailer's partnership with Kohl's, which began in August 2021. They are in 910 stores, with plans to enter the whole fleet. On Tuesday during its earnings call with analysts, Kohl's CEO Tom Kingsbury called 2023 a "breakout year" for its partnership with Sephora, delivering more than $1.4 billion in sales, up more than 90 percent year-on-year."It's doing incredibly well," Patrick said. "We're on a path to reach $2 billion next year with Sephora inside Kohl's. We're adding 440 new doors so by mid next year we'll be in the whole fleet, which means that we can double up on the marketing. "The reality is Kohl's is better at some things than we are. They have more men, they have more families so that's a big opportunity for us. Frankly, they're better at holiday and key gifting times. We had a phenomenal Valentine's Day." According to industry sources, globally Sephora sped past the 12 billion euro sales mark in 2022, and is on pace to achieve its goal of 20 billion euros over the coming years.With all this going on and a big career change about to happen, Patrick said she lives in a constant state of gratitude, partly due to her upbringing. Born in Iran, Patrick moved to Los Angeles when she was eight with her parents during the Iranian Revolution as her father was one of the Shah's pilots. In what was a very difficult transition for her family who barely spoke any English, her mother returned to Iran to visit family and was unable to return to the U.S. due to the Iranian hostage crisis. With her father unequipped to take care of her, Patrick moved into a group home and then in with foster parents age 10, who raised her and are still in her life. She eventually reconnected with her mother. "I'm in awe of how I ended up here. I'm very grateful for foster parents that encouraged me to go to college, go to grad school, and follow my dreams," she said."I'm very thankful for where I've landed. It's also why I really do believe in paying it forward. I believe in inclusivity and not just as a term but as a way of living."
Recent images from this conversation
Ambassador Curated
Monthly Favorites: February 2024 Edition!
|
Re: Monthly Favorites: February 2024 Edition!
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @AlexBT Here are my very late Feb favorites as I had such a crazy time staying on BIC! 藍 So glad it appears to fixed! ☺️(Turns out ...read more
@AlexBT Here are my very late Feb favorites as I had such a crazy time staying on BIC! 🤣 So glad it appears to fixed! ☺️(Turns out this soup was a favorite as well as I made it so many times and the yummy rewards candle was perfect to help mask the scent! Those come in so handy! 😍) innisfree Cherry Blossom Dewy Glow Jelly Moisturizer with Niacinimide 1.69 oz / 50 ml is something I had been very curious about and it’s quite wonderful. Such a perfect consistency but it also really does moisturize. This will probably be so good for warmer months. It smells and feels amazing. Dior Capture Dreamskin 1-Minute Mask 2.5 oz / 75 mL was enabled by @itsfi last year and I just love it. It seems impossible that it can be so effective in a minute but it is! MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Rouge is maybe my favorite cream blush formula of all time. This turns into a perfect pinky red flush that is really flattering and not too bright once it works with skin tones. I also wear the Merit Cheeky and Apres constantly. Saie Mini Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Highlighter Starglow is such a versatile product to mix or use on its own. Love the effortless natural glow it gives and is never sticky. Dior Rouge Dior Refillable Lipstick 964 Ambitious was a favorite in the old formula and this new matte is even better. The perfect bitten berry. I often layer it with Kosas Weightless Lip Color Nourishing Satin Lipstick Star Power or use the Kosas on its own to give the best stain. They both feel so light. Great for little to no makeup days! SpoilerLeft lip- Ambitious, Right lip- Star Power, below both mixed, Merit Rouge, Saie StarglowLeft lip- Ambitious, Right lip- Star Power, below both mixed, Merit Rouge, Saie Starglow
Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday
|
Re: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday
RISING STAR V INSIDER
Reply: Welcome to BIC, love your intro it’s an amazing community! @LittleJay22 﫶朗 ...read more
Welcome to BIC, love your intro it’s an amazing community! @LittleJay22 🫶🤩
Beauty Insider Community Feedback
|
Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: Yup I have been checking @SportyGirly125 thank you. I’m sure they’ll be back! ...read more
Yup I have been checking @SportyGirly125 thank you. I’m sure they’ll be back!
FOUND IN THE WILD THREAD!!!
|
Re: FOUND IN THE WILD THREAD!!!
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: I bet the tangerine is delicious @itsfi ! ...read more
I bet the tangerine is delicious @itsfi !
New to Community? Here are 3 Steps to Get Started
|
Re: New to Community? Here are 3 Steps to Get Started
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @Mabel43 @You have to be chosen and it’s based on how active you are on here ...read more
@Mabel43 @You have to be chosen and it’s based on how active you are on here
Feedback Wanted: TeamBIC’s 2023 Holiday Gratis Thread
|
Re: Feedback Wanted: TeamBIC’s 2023 Holiday Gratis Thread
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @itsfi Amazing results and excellent feedback. I am still trying to figure out the timing of when to reapply coats. This helps a l ...read more
@itsfi Amazing results and excellent feedback. I am still trying to figure out the timing of when to reapply coats. This helps a lot. It is definitely Lengthening for me too!
Halal verification
|
Re: Halal verification
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Is it????
Is it????
Use Your FSA/HSA at Sephora! (US Only)
|
Re: Use Your FSA/HSA at Sephora! (US Only)
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: the goodsLoved getting all the fancy SPF products that are covered by my FSA. Necessaries body wash too!!
the goodsLoved getting all the fancy SPF products that are covered by my FSA. Necessaries body wash too!!
100,748 Posts