Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Trending Now

Website suggestions/requests...

Since the web monkeys are all up in the place making changes this week how about some new functionality on the retail site instead of wasting time on the forums?

I would LOVE to be able to go to a product page and see a notice across the top like at amazon dot come that says "you purchased this product on January 15th 2014". 

Or how about not deleting product pages or making them disappear when something is out of stock? We can't even read or leave reviews for a product then. It's so random which product pages disappear and which don't. It's beyond annoying. 

How about improving the 'loves list' section so that we can categorize and set priorities or even make notes for ourselves? 

You guys obviously have all this time on your hands (the programmers not the mods) to waste on the forums which according to statistics is only 3% of your website traffic. 

How about doing some real work and making the site work better for purchasers? 

Re: Website suggestions/requests...

Am I going to have to start filling my desktop with monkey photos that I found on the net now?  The llamas are taking up a lot of room already Smiley Happy

I would like to see the website  functionality with Android (and other mobile platforms) devices updated/fixed.  I can never complete a purchase using my phone or tablet because the pages always error or time out.

I have the same problem with the app as well.  Even the desktop webpage on a mobile device does not work with the shopping cart for me.  I guess I just cannot shop Sephora unless I am using a desktop computer.

Maggie

That was Legen......wait for it.......dary 

Yes, all of what ShinyMagpie said.  Also, I'd love to have ALL my purchases be visible (and searchable if it's not too much to ask for).  For example, I love that I can see all my Amazon purchases for all time and by different filters/searches too (i.e., last six months, or 2013, or Beauty Blender).  

And since code monkeys are hard at work pleases make BT better, it's awful.  Sephora, you may not realize what happens here, but this is a HUGE enabling fest.  In case you haven't noticed we talk product here A LOT. It would be lovely to be able to follow a conversation in the order the responses were made, not try to follow comments made two minutes ago that are posted to pages long before the last page in the conversation. LOOK at the forums on RAVELRY, CodeMonkey is a genius and it's so easy to follow.  

Oh, and STOP fiddling with reviews that people leave.  It's not only a resource for us, but should help you choose products that customers will buy.  Low ratings should equal a notice to you that it's time to stop carrying that product.  It's unfortunate that the place where I do most of my beauty-related purchases is the last place I can trust an opinion.  

And, I want ONE new product page, where I can see everything that's been added without you trying to bundle it into a category.   

Highlighted

I'd like to be able to filter my search results.  I'm usually searching for a specific type or group of products, but they fall under a larger type or group of products, so I have to scan through all of the products.  Even worse is having to click on virtually every item to find out that the item is not what I am looking for.  If I had been able to filter, I could have eliminated 75% of the results and saved myself 45 minutes looking at incorrect items.

I would also like to be able to compare items side by side too.  For example, if I'm looking at foundations A, B, and C, I would like to be able to compare foundations A and C side by side.  Right now I have to open two copies of my browser to do that (more for more products).

Thank you for listening!

1. Make sure everyone gets emails, the CORRECT emails.

2. Make font size/color work on BT.
3. Being able to organize PMs
4. Being able to organize Love lists
5. Being able to organize our own posts.
6. Make BT work on android phones.

7. Have a "setting" section where the users can subscrib/unsubscribe to different boards that they see for BT front page.

8. Unify the BT formats, there's the Q&A format where you can select solution and have hidden comments under solution, the forum format, and the blog format that Candace usually use. Do we really need all those formats?

9. Make the album more manageable, as in if I want to pull a picture from album to put into posts, I won't have to go through rows and rows of set of 4 pictures to pick.

10. My impression is that most mods actually have beauty expertise that we would like to take advantage of, so it would be great if you get more ppl to do the CS stuff so the mods have time to answer the beauty questions that we can't really answer such as comparing shades of foundation or new/discontinued products etc.

Yes yes to number 10!

Agree with everyone's recommendation.

(does not condone animals for entertainment Smiley Sad oh my Magpie)

Sorry Planty. Smiley Sad

Where do we stand with Paula? 

Paula who?

Paula deen. Smiley Happy

Someone quick get the butter

ask and you shall receive

I don't stand with Paula... I RIDE with Paula!

Well I've got a laptop, desktop, and ipad filled with ridiculous photos at this point! But my Paulas are on the laptop, so I think that's the computer to steal. haha.

You girls are crazzzzzzzy, but hilarious!! Smiley Very Happy

what she said - all of it.

also, i would like the what's new section to really actually be the new stuff. i feel like i have to search for what's actually new and it doesn't show up in the what's new section until its a week or two old. we makeup junkies need to know and buy what's new before before all the normal people.

i agree with everything you said!  i would also like to be able to have some way to organize my loves list...maybe type of product, somewhere for products i already purchased

i get that some ppl were unhappy with a couple of posts (still think they need to find their sense of humor! and stand by the "you don't like it don't read it" concept) but SOOOOO many more people have voiced concerns and complaints about other things (retail website issues, rouge promo issues, rouge email issues, the war between sephora and canada) is this not more important?!?!

Make BT available on the app! That would be awesome.

Organizing Love Lists is a great idea, too.

Oh and if we insist on "fixing" BT, then I would love to actually be able to find my subscribed threads somewhere.

I mean no disrespect in saying this, but I sometimes wish, when making requests, we could be a little more courteous about it. I know it's playful - but I also know a few of my programmer friends hate being called code-monkeys though, so maybe not every web dev may take kindly to a request thread where they're bombarded with monkey pictures, y'know?

I definitely understand the point about directing resources to more productive avenues such as in improving the shopping aspect of the site, but at the same time I don't think it'd be amiss for us to also be appreciative of the fact that they're trying to improve BT for our benefit, yeah? After all, working on the forums isn't really going to help their profits, but I think it's nice that they care enough to do so. 

Having said that I definitely agree it'd be super to see some quality of life improvements on the main Sephora websites - I think a suggestion thread for that is a great idea! I've been thinking about things I'd like to see and I've been lacking for a place to put them so this is an excellent opportunity.

1. I would love to be able to track points that I accumulate and spend - like a bank balance. Especially for events like the double or triple points, it's difficult to tell if my points have been applied because I don't always remember my running balance, and I've experienced points panic where I forget I've redeemed something sometimes. So a way to track them would be great!

2. A "x number left in stock" message on product pages when an item is below a certain level, for example, below 200, or 100, or even 50. This would sooooo save on the heart ache of JUST missing an item because we think there's still plenty left and we can wait - and it'd boost sales too because the moment we know an item is limited we're bound to go order it!

3. I would really appreciate a more advanced search function for products. For example, I would love to see EVERY product that was below $10, or EVERY product that qualifies as "new" rather than just what's listed on the "new arrivals" page, because that's not a complete list.

And please don't take my above comments as me trying to be a party pooper or judging in any way, I know nobody here is malicious or mean spirited in any way - we're all just being goofy and having fun - just hoping to offer a different perspective.

Conversation Stats
Photos14
  • web monkey.jpg
  • The-Wise-Monkey.jpg
  • computer_monkey.jpg
  • article-1206973-06153D1D000005DC-213_468x267.jpg
  • monkey_computer1.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • monkey-phone-jpg_102327.jpg
  • yessir.jpg
  • snichs.jpg
  • images.jpeg