Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see fr

I would like another 20% off card to come in the mail again soon like back in dec.  Or better yet make it $15 or $20 off a purchase. 

Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see fr

I really hope Sephora reads this and takes all these thigns into consideration. I mean, most of us replying here ARE VIB's therefore we spend a lot of our money and time on here!

Anonymous Insider

Let us vib use 2 promo codes and a 20-25% discount instead of 15% like what the BI gets 

I agree with most of the points that ashleynne pointed out, so I'm going to expand on her list. (:

1. VIBs should be able to utilize as many promo codes as they want, or at least one for every $25 they spend. I end up splitting my orders up to get as many promo codes as possible, which costs more for you in terms of shipping, anyways...

2. Free shipping for VIBs at the very minimum... Or the option to get faster shipping for free. We spent at least $1000+ here... I know I've spent WAY more than that. We deserve it.

3. I don't really go to the VIB events because I don't think it's worth making an extra trip to the mall for... I'd personally like the same in-store perks to be available online.

4. You act as if 15% is a lot... and it's not even for VIBs only. Maybe offer VIBs 30% off while BIs only get 15% off?

5. The teeny samples are BS in general. I never know how well the products work if I can only get one use out of them (and so I'm not going to go out of my way to buy them). You need to have WAY more deluxe samples in general. For Christmas, my dad actually stuffs my stocking full of the free samples you give... Honestly, would you be happy seeing those samples as a gift?

6. VIBs should get more points per dollar than BIs. I don't even care if you make the extra ones have an expiration date... Or have us be able to collect "Sephora Dollars" or something that we can use to buy ANY product, not one that we don't even want.

7. I personally think VIBs should be able to get full-sized samples with every order, but a welcome discount would have been nice...

8. Yeah... not a huge fan of the birthday gifts. Or the options of gifts you give. I'd much rather have a 25% discount for my birthday.

9. VIBs and BIs basically have the same perks (I know I can't tell the difference). Make an effort to increase that difference between BI perks and VIB perks; us VIBs are often questioning why we made the extra effort to spend more money here.

10. VIBs can have access to exclusive sale items that are normal priced for everyone else.

My suggestion? Research your competitors more, like Ulta, and have a better incentive program than they do. That simple. I personally don't like Ulta that much since they sell drugstore AND high-end items in the same store, but I'm starting to shop there instead solely because I save a LOT more money and get more out of the incentives they give.

I agree.  I spend a lot and there really should be differentiation between vib and bi    2-3 code slots online for vibs.  Perks in between 100-500 pts.  A higher level beyond vib.    Sales for vibs only, higher % than 20.  A lot of places have gwp

I notice when we hit "500 points", the gifts are so tiny!  They seem like samples!  give a real gift! We are all VIB's for a reason: we have spent a lot of money obviously all this time! We wanna let the BI's KNOW who the VIB's are!! We should also have a separate line so dont have to wait in line too long!!! now that would be awesome!

Anonymous Insider

More promo codes and samples!

Anonymous Insider

I believe Sephora is really being cheap to their VIB's. Since I made status, I don't see a whole lot of difference between us and the regular beauty insiders. In fact in my state little to none "VIB events" from brands in sephora ever happen. So that kind of perk is useless to me. I agree that the chic week tote w/samples was a severe disappointment. Good thing I only bought a blush and cashed in for my birthday gift or it would of been truely wasted time.

Here are my demands/agreements:

1. VIB's should be able to use 2 promo codes (why should BI's get the same priviledges we do)

2. free shipping for VIB's

3. Expand VIB brand "event/parties" 

4. No more of this 15% off crap, 20% is better. In fact 25% would be the best! For discounts.

5. Hand out samples and choose a deluxe size sample for purchasing (at least purchase $25 for a deluxe sample, like using the promo code online) at a sephora store. It's part of the reason I only shop online.

6. The points perk reward system should have bigger and better deluxe samples than anyone who can enter a code in for at sephora.com.

7. If you hit 1000 points you should be able to select a full sized product or given a giftcard to sephora

8. a better/bigger birthday gift for VIB's

Like others said, your guy's program isn't really an incentive to shop. You could go to a department store and get a free gift with a purchase of $35 with 5 or 7 deluxe sized samples or spend at least $100 at sephora to pick a single deluxe sized sample. And if you do hit the $500 spent beauty point perk it's still less value than a gift with purchase... That's really cheap of you guys. We spend good money so we should be treated just as well as buying from a department store!

^all of this.

Anonymous Insider

Great suggestion! 😉

Anonymous Insider

Thanks! Honestly it's not asking for much. I went and purchased at Ulta for the first time $40 and I got like a bag full of 5 deluxe samples. I was kind of shocked. I might try to buy more of my stuff over there if I can. They seem to be more generous for sure.

I would love to see better samples given to VIBs meaning DELUXE sized samples. Yesterday's event has left many of us EXTREMELY unsatisfied. We got the same little packet samples that just about anyone can get when shopping at Sephora any other day. As a loyal customer who spends alot of money at the store I would love to know that if I am willing to spend over $350 and continually shop at Sephora versus going to another makeup stores to get the same exact product that there's a perk Sephora is offering that others aren't. Deluxe samples at events like yesterday's and throwing in a deluxe sample every 5th or 10th time we shop at the store or online would be a really nice touch that would make us feel that much more appreicated as shoppers. 

I'd love to see another eye shadow palette for the 500 pt gift (such as the toofaced palette in 2011).  It seems like a lot of times the 500 pt perk is not worth that much, and the good ones, like the NARS perk from late last year and the occasional OH skin care set, go really fast. Occasionally, the 500 pt perk seems just as good as the birthday gift (and sometimes the birthday gift seems WAY better than the 500 pt perk).  If I spent $500, I'd like to be able to exchange the points for something that feels more substantial than say...that teeny tiny looking kit from Benefit that's online right now.

Also, I was asked if I wanted to cash in my points for a 1000 pt perk a few months ago, and since it was only 20% off, I declined.  I don't see a point in spending 1k points for a discount that historically I've been able to get for free at other times during the year.  It would be awesome if for 1000 points, I could choose from a selection of full size products (like in the skin care challege from 2010)!

I also would love if VIBs could use two promo codes instead of one

I would love to see free shipping for VIBs and the ability to use more than one promo code. That's not asking too much but would definitely make a difference!

For VIBS:

Shipping should be free on any order. I'm already resorting to the competition for my $30+ orders since I can get free shipping. This would probably also lure more customers.

VIBS should be able to use more than 1 promo code so long as we follow the requirements. Even allowing the use of 2 promo codes max. would be a huge improvement. If we have to spend $25 to get a deluxe sample then we will, If we are spending an extra $25, let us get another sample. Samples are already used on an "while supplies last" basis anyway. Once again, your competition will let me use 6 promo codes at one time if my heart desires, so long as I meet the requirements of each. And, once again I don't have to be a VIB or spend a certain amount with them annually to qualify.

1X a month, VIB's should be allowed to choose 1 of the 100 pt. perks without having to spend any BI points. You could require we make a purchase of $25 minimum. Now I can get the deluxe sample plus a 100 pt. perk. I'm enticed to come and make a purchase or place an order. We're both winning here.

Please, by all means do not insult us with a bag of 6-8 foil samples when your competition is ready to hand us a nice makeup bag with 6-8 deluxe sized samples, on top of the numerous fragrance and foil samples. Ads travel fast on the internet Sephora, and you're not looking to good right now.

I would love to see 20% off discounf vs. 15%!!! more of cash back per points spent!!! (something similar to Ulta's). Better perks, free shipping for VIB's. Better samples!

Anonymous Insider

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen their suggestion used yet? 

I agree with everyone who suggested 2 promo codes per order for VIBs.  I think that VIBs would appreciate feeling like we get something extra that not everyone else gets.  

Also, what about something like Ulta's 21 days of beauty event? Those are usually great deals on popular products.  

I think that 2 of the main problems with the current program that sephora should work on are: 

1) Other beauty retailers tend to have more appealing offers (substantial gift with purchase kits, more sales/discounts, multiple promo codes per order, etc.) 

2) They rarely make VIBs feel any more special than BIs...so what is the incentive to spend our money here rather than other retailers? 

I think the 250 pt perk was a suggestion from a while ago that Sephora just recently added. 

I agree. I spend a lot of money at sephora, when I could easily go to a Department store that includes full sized products for gifts with purchase. & the VIB event today was such a let down. 

I agree with you the samples we get should either be deluxe or full size for VIBs. I spend a lot of money I would like it to actually be worth it because I could get my stuff at other stores. The gift bags at other stores have full sized products and have a lower minimum purchase.

Better 500 dollar perks considering the past ones values have had products that you can purchase for 30 dollars I did not spend 500-1000 dollars to get a "perk" that worth less than that

Free shipping.  At DSW, I know not make up, they have free next day shipping once you reach their version of VIP status.  Points should be able to be converted to gift certificates (also a DSW thing). Increase percent off on discounts say 20%???  More options for 250 and 500 redemption items.  I keep banking mine because the same item is offered for so long before something new comes out.  Different bday gift options.  Order online to pick up in store.  More 45 minute consultations available.  Perhaps be able to use banked points to redeem for consultation. 

631 Replies
testing