Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|
Anonymous Insider

Re: What new benefits would you like to see from Sephora’s Beauty Insider program?

Free shipping on orders $25 or no minimum at all. Nordstrom recently started offering free shipping on any order. I'd probably spend a whole lot more if I didn't have to meet $50 minimums for free shipping (because I always use a promo code for a free gift).. or free shipping for VIB's with no promo code.

More 100/500 pt perks, as stated before.

More Beauty Insider only items.. I've never seen any of the BI products. It always says that they're out.

Automatic free samples inside stores. I always forget to ask when I'm there.

Re: What new benefits would you like to see from Sephora’s Beauty Insider program?

I totally agree with lowrah's suggestions.  I always have to ask for samples in the store and often get treated like I'm crazy.  I also think that when you get certain benefits such as the 10% for VIB there should not be such a short time period before it expires. 

I especially love the idea of free shipping on 25 or more.   I too would end up ordering more often I am sure!

One of my biggest gripes is that when you order online, you get your choice of 3 samples. But when you go into the store, NO samples! I ALWAYS ask and I'm lucky if I get one. I am never offered a choice, like you get online. I realize this would hold up the check out process, but maybe Sephora could put together 3 samples of their choice and put them in your bag. I never understand this and always fill out the Sweepstakes survey online and always complain about this.

I agree with your comment! We should get extra little perks like this...especially for those of us who spend sooo much $ in this store!

I agree with everyone about the $25 Gift Card for Birthdays. I would like to see a larger 500 point gift.  I just received the Laura Mercier gift and I was disappointed at the size of the products.  They were pretty small.   I would also like to see a 1000 point perk gift as well as a 1500 point perk gift. 

Someone else mentioned the Skin Care Rewards Program that you all had awhile back.  I would like to see this program brought back, but I would like to see five or six choices of products to choose from.

I have seen where places give a discount for example on a cup coffee if you buy a coffee mug from them and present it at check out.  What about having a special Sephora makeup bag (purse size)  that you can purchase and then when you present the bag to the cashier in the store you can receive a percentage off of your purchase?

I also just received my year of membership as a VIB....10% off my next purchase it great, but I think a free gift should come with this as well.  This free gift could be a sample bag of 10 of Sephora's best sellers or it could be of a free delux size product.  

I agree completely with Dottiemae:

I agree with everyone about the $25 Gift Card for Birthdays. I would like to see a larger 500 point gift.  I just received the Laura Mercier gift and I was disappointed at the size of the products.  They were pretty small.   I would also like to see a 1000 point perk gift as well as a 1500 point perk gift. 

Someone else mentioned the Skin Care Rewards Program that you all had awhile back.  I would like to see this program brought back, but I would like to see five or six choices of products to choose from.

I have seen where places give a discount for example on a cup coffee if you buy a coffee mug from them and present it at check out.  What about having a special Sephora makeup bag (purse size)  that you can purchase and then when you present the bag to the cashier in the store you can receive a percentage off of your purchase?

I also just received my year of membership as a VIB....10% off my next purchase it great, but I think a free gift should come with this as well.  This free gift could be a sample bag of 10 of Sephora's best sellers or it could be of a free delux size product. 

Anonymous Insider

Coffee shops give the discount because you are saving money/environment by not using another paper cup...maybe Sephora could start doing this with their own brand products, selling many/all products in really minimal packaging that can fit into reusable permanent packaging. The minimally packaged products could be cheaper. Honestly, for products that stay on the vanity instead of the purse, I'd love to get minimal packaging because it's good for the environment!

Agreed. Birthday coupons, more discounts, and better samples. Seriously, I've been to sephora at least 3x this week and the points program has weak items. If you purchase online you tend to get better items. Also, what happened to samples? I'm lucky if I get one at the register. There should be more to choose from, I'm allergic to most of the sample items or it's the wrong color (I'm very light). I've been saving my points in hopes I get something awesome. 

When companies are about to unveil new colors,etc we should be able to get to them first! New fragrances we should get samples to us AUTOMATICALLY. Ie: sent with catalogs (which I never seem to receive FYI). Also bonus points to be redeemed for gift cards/% off/free shipping without the $50 min. And not something dumb like 50,000 pts gives you $5 off your purchase.

I would like to see *much* better 100pt and 500pt perks. The 500pt perk has to be a large kit with several FULL size products. Sephora gets the little deluxe samples from companies for free and giving us those as perks is just lame.

The birthday gift is very cheap, and should be a $25 giftcard instead. And not a "this much off with this much purchase" just an actual $25 Sephora giftcard. Thats nothing compared to what most of us spend here.

i completly agree thats a great perk!

I completely agree 🙂  500 point perks seem to have gotten smaller over time and while they used to be stuff that I would actually use, they now seem to be made up of samples of stuff that I am not interested in, which is why I have a TON of points right now.  I have not been inspired to use them.  It has been a LONG time since I spent the extra $50 just to make sure I got my points up in order to get a specific 500 point gift.

I also agree with the $25 gift card.  Maybe that should be a VIB specific offer because giving it to everybody woudl just get too expensive for Sephora. 

yes i totally agree

Very true, even I dont find the 100/500 points sample/perk useful to me. I am not liking this points program. I have seen several other beauty sites offering cash back on the purchase and it makes much more sense to me. 

xoxo

Rose

You get to pick your own item up to certain beauty points, different times of the year.

Anonymous Insider

Offering a limited choice of free samples instead of cash back makes sense because the companies are hoping to introduce us to new products and purchases we wouldn't have made otherwise, so they're willing to spend more on a sample than cash back. At the same time, the number of samples are limiting - there are so many uncontrollable factors that would make a sample inapplicable to me (skin tone, age, skin type, allergies), and no offers would entice us to buy those products, so why not give more choices?

I guess another reason is to make sure we try new things instead of stocking up on old favs. What about having only 1 or 2 categories of samples (say, fragrance and moisturizers, or all lip colors), in a variety of brands/colors? It's a great way for customers to make informed decisions and choose a great product they are 100% happy with, and will be  more likely to stick with as a stand-by.

Another thought - the free samples have pretty large, multi-use sizes, which is appreciated by customers. But what about a choice of say, 10-15 one-time use very small samples to experiment with?

Anonymous Insider

I've thought of this .... I think since your birthday is only once a year you shuold get free gift wrapping and miminum of 25 % off any purchase .

Thanks ,

ANTONIO

i do agree with the birthday present.. a $20 coupon perhaps 🙂 or more lol

Anonymous Insider

hahah that well be greatt! 😄

Anonymous Insider

Yes, a coupon for more than $25 off of any 100 dollar purchase sounds good to me

ANtonio

hello, I would love to see a coupon for your birthday, for example you get 15-20% on your birthday week.

thanks!

631 Replies
testing