Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see fr

Great suggestions!

Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see fr

i absolutley love the first idea! i've used up like 300 points at least to keep getting the hourglass mineral viel because its so expensive if i could put that credit for like 10 precent off that would be great.

Bring in recyclable product containers and get a couple free samples!

I'm a VIB Rouge now and I have to say, I hope it will be a LOT better than the VIB benefits. Honestly, there wasn't really much of a point of being a VIB. Sometimes I'd ask for a sample and I'd get the smallest amount ever. Should have said I was a VIB. I had only asked for one sample, btw. Even when I pay for things at the cash and am spending 100+ in one purchase, for a while they stopped giving out samples, and when they do, the samples aren't great. I have 5 mascara samples (all the same) and 10 exfoliating pads from the same company, same product. I also don't like the 100 and 500 point perks. A lot of them are for companies I have no interest in, and if it is from a company I love, I already have the majority of the products in the perk. There should be some of their less popular products instead of their bestsellers because most people already have their bestsellers. I think there should be a 1,000 point perk for those of us that have accumulated a lot of points. I'd like to get something bigger and better for my points. We should be able to use more than one promo code, especially if you are spending a lot of money. Like for every 35$ spent, you get to use a promo code. so 60$ = 2 promo codes. I think there should also be free makeup classes for VIB Rouges. I think the birthday gift can be a bit better as well. I would also like it if we can redeem our points for money off our purchase. Like trading in 100 points for 10$ off and so on.

I just hope that VIB Rouge measures up because VIB status was a disappointment. I felt like I had to make a huge effort just to know about VIB events happening at my particular store because employees would forget to put the VIB pamphlet in my bag upon checkout.

Let us paint our nails there! Even if we have to do it ourselves! i wouldn't mind going and doing them! ❤️

Anonymous Insider

As someone else mentioned I would love to see 1k point perks that you can qualify same as the 100 or 500. Also the 500 point perks are nice sets but a lot of them are so similar. Primer, foundation, finisher, mascara. Over and over. Lips sets or little eyeshadow or blush palettes would be nice to see. I really haven't used any points in the past number of months because the 100 pt perks just aren't worth it. 

better 100 pt and 500 pt rewards. usually the 100 pt ones are so tiny, and the selection is not great particularly for cosmetics. also, very few of us will qualify for 5k/10k rewards. how about some 1k rewards that you don't have to compete for? finally, plenty of online retailers routinely offer 20-25% off, sometimes 30% - more frequent discounts would be nice.

I wish that sephora did what VS does, they do like $10 off a bra maybe we could do like $5 off a mascara/eyeliner? maybe even like a free panty maybe it could be like a free sephora brand eyeshadow? any little bit is better then nothing, plus its a great incentive to bring people into the store,

i also think events would be fun like where they give you like goodybags and they have a brand rep there who helps you with the new products, its a great way for brands to get there name out there by giving us samples, when we love them we'el come back and buy them. 

i think since i am a rouge now we could get like a gift for christmas? maybe like a box with 5 or 6 deluxe samples? 

i also agree with the use of 2 promo codes and a magazine in the mail, or at least a weekly email with maybe a promo code thrown in there with the new stuff out and little reviews 

Well, since VIB rouges get free shipping, perhaps VIBs could get reduced shipping costs? I'm a Canadian and if I'm only making a $20 purchase, paying over $7 for shipping seems a bit much. I'm not saying shipping should be free, but maybe half-price shipping or making minimum purchase for free shipping $40 instead of $75. I'd be tempted to spend a lot more money at Sephora if they had this!

Anonymous Insider

I also wish instead of showing only 12 of the available samples, you showed all of them. I frequently add samples to my bag as I see them, and while they remain in stock, they don't show up on the samples listed to the right of my shopping cart because they get pushed out of the box by the new samples put into the system. Ditto the 100 point perks, and promotions, which are at least easier to track even if Sephora does not advertise them. But this is especially with the samples, given how many people complain about fragrance samples being the only options. And again, if samples are there to make us come back and make bigger purchases with you later, doesn't it benefit your bottom line to let us choose from what is actually available?

Anonymous Insider

I miss getting a real catalog in the mail every once in awhile, definitely made me buy more! Throwback.

I also wish we could stack promo codes with orders. Not abusively, I just mean, if there are two promo codes good for a $35+ plus purchase, and I'm buying two $35 dollar items, I'd really like to be able to place a single order instead of placing two. I wouldn't ask for two $35+ promo codes in my order if spending $50 total, just for an accurate distribution without having to place multiple orders. Saves you guys on shipping as well. Even if you stagger it by the $50 mark like shipping (one promo code in an order less than $100, two in an order less than $150 but greater than $100, etc.), I'd feel better about placing orders knowing I'm wasting a tiny bit less packaging vs. my placing multiple orders now. And I'd buy more high ticket items. This is especially important now with the roll out of Rouge and flash shipping, where placing multiple orders with free shipping consisting of single items is more beneficial to getting free items be it samples, promo codes or perks. Save the environment and reduce your carbon footprint as a company while improving service!

more than one code!!!! i spend a lot of money with you guys and always will. treat me right and i will send more people your way! reward those you do you right!

I always get Victoria's Secret coupons in the mail for free products, $ or % off a purchase or if you spend a certain amount, you get money off. And those always make my day. So I'd love it if Sephora sent those out.

I'm not a VIB yet, close though! But since someone stated below that VIBs wouldn't want a makeup tutorial or to come in and get their makeup done, maybe you could offer that to those that are close to VIB or Beauty Insiders in general. I would love that!

Even though I am a professional performer, I find it hard to apply 'day' makeup since I've only learned the performance level. I get overwhelmed by basics since I'm used to using a 'heavy hand.' 

Other perks or offers, maybe a free service like eyebrow waxing, a facial, manicure or pedicure...being a tester/model for a new product in store!

The final part is about actual benefits you could add.

None of this (first 2 parts) really answers the question directly but if I were treated this way, I would feel Important (translate good about myself) and therefore spend more money. To directly answer the question, the samples for VIBs need to be at least travel size, this includes the 3 free samples. And while we're on the subject, let's get rid of the fragrance samples.  I have hundreds of them that I can't even give away.  How can you possibly decide if you like something from a packet that is good for 1 or 2 uses? The more expensive the product, the bigger the sample needs to be. Also promotion codes giving us an entire range (cleanser, serum, day cream and night cream, for example) would help me decide to invest in products. You do this occasionally in VIB kits and it certainly helps me decide on whether to invest in a skin care line. Finally our points should be able to be turned into gift cards 500 points for $5, 1000 for $10 and so on. And do double and triple points promotions more often.  I would be willing to pay a nominal fee ($5-$10) for travel size product range (high end lines) offers.

I totally agree with all your posts...

Part II continues on customer service.  I hadn't realized I felt this strongly until I started to write.

If I am a frequent customer at a department store counter, I am recognized and given special attention and service. Also, those places where I am a good customer, sales associates call me regularly to update me on new products, special sales, and events held specifically for special customers. You need to work on establishing a one to one approach with your best customers. If I go to a Brand specific store, the same person will help me (if they're there and as I tend to shop at the same times, they usually are). The same is true at beauty counters in department stores. They keep notes on what I buy, concerns I have, colors I like, etc. My point is I have a personal connection with one person who knows me on sight and by name. I ask for that person when I go into the store, often I call beforehand to find out when she will be working. I basically make an appointment for shopping and the associate tries to get free when she knows I'm coming,  Perhaps Sephora needs to add an incentive for associates who work to establish a returning customer relationship (keep track of us with our BI, VIB numbers). I spend more money in these places every time because the associate knows what I need and like.

The only reason Sephora continues to get the bulk of my business is because I can buy all the product lines I use in one place. But if there aren't improvements soon, you will lose me.

This post turned out so long that I had to break it into 3 parts.  This part is about customer service at the stores.

I have been a VIB since you started the program. As time goes on, I feel less and less Important. The number, selection and size of our rewards have been steadily declining. I don't go into the store very often because of my age (over 50), the associates don't want to help me because I believe they aren't getting enough training in skin care and makeup for those of us no longer in our twenties. Quite frankly, I know far more about the product lines and their properties than they do. So first thing is to train sales associates better (or how about hiring a few people over 40? It's no fun explaining aging to 22 year olds who behave like spoiled brats, rolling their eyes when they think I won't notice.). Second is to identify VIBs when we come in the door (and you do need to go back to having a greeter at the door, it's another reason I don't come to the store, sometimes I need to be pointed in the right direction or I have an appointment and need to find my person), give us a different color basket or attach a clip to the baskets. And then treat us as special and not a burden.

I am also over 50.  I am always very happy when there is a sales associate who is anywhere near my age.  The young people who help me are very nice, but it is great to talk to someone who really understands the issues you're working with at this time in life.

Id rather use my points on choosing something from the store. Or at least give us some better 100/500 perks. blah!

1. Free shipping with no minimum for VIBs would be so nice! The store closest to me is fairly small and doesn't carry a wide variety of brands so I often order online.
  2. I would love to be able to use my points towards full size products 
  3. Seeing more coupons in the mail and email would really make my day. Those of us with the VIB status spend a lot of money at Sephora; X% and $X off would be an awesome way to show Sephora's appreciation!
  4. A better birthday present than the BIs get would be nice too. I also loved the idea of getting a holiday present!
testing