cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

We Belong to Something Beautiful.

Sephora Manifesto Text.jpg

On the morning of 6/5, every Sephora store, distribution center, and corporate office in the US will close to host inclusion workshops for our employees. These values have always been at the heart of Sephora, and we’re excited to welcome everyone when we reopen. Join us in our commitment to a more inclusive beauty community.

We Belong to Something Beautiful.

Re: RE: We Belong to Something Beautiful.

I feel that same! Am not in the US, but in Canada and I feel everytime I walk into the Sephora, there are so many younger girls who try to tell me about aging skin. Sephora should have hired older people to work at the store too. 

Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: We Belong to Something Beautiful.

Exactly, good Point.i Feel the same. 100%

Re: We Belong to Something Beautiful.

I love the atmosphere at Saphora!!! Especially in the Bay Terrace shopping center in Bayside NY!!!! I love that I can sample, smell, touch and browse around as much as I need to without hassle. I also love that I can get help quickly if I need it. I have had many productive and friendly conversations with the staff which always results in trying new things. I think this is great for business and the beautiful community that you are reaching! Thank you!!!!

wjcampy xo

RE: Re: We Belong to Something Beautiful.

Im sorry for the disappointment, something to know though is that the darker shades were literally sold out online and in store across certain parts of the nation and didn’t come fully back in stock until about four months later (with some random restocks in between but nothing big). While associates shouldn’t have been trying to downplay Fenty they were told to sell what was available and similar at the time. So it sounds like people needed some much needed verbiage training.

Hi @mrsnatadair,

I'm truly sorry to hear about the service you received in store and thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback with us! I'm going to send you a private message in just a moment to assist you further.

Always,
Danee

Hi, guys!

Just wanted to say how very happy you make me: )

I'm a 67 year old straight, married woman and Im so pleased you welcome EVERYONE

The world could learn from your from your wonderful example!

Peace,

Jackie

I am 64 and have always had trouble being waited on at Sephora. If I need assistance I have to hunt someone down and they act as though they’d rather be somewhere else. I spend a LOT on cosmetics so I have a tendency to take my purchases elsewhere. I have had similar issues at Ulta in the past but they’ve gotten better so I have dropped out of my Rouge status and spend more at Ulta. I prefer Sephora’s variety but it has become a hassle shopping there. 

I so agree re: age discrimination in NJ. 

Hi @DaMarce,

As a values driven brand, we always strive to create an environment where everyone is welcome and I am sorry to hear about your store experiences! I'm going to send you a private message to gather a bit more information.

Always,

Danee

Thank you for doing this!  There have been too many stories of people being profiled and treated differently because of their appearance.  I'm glad you are working on this and I hope that as a result, people from all backgrounds will now feel more respected and fully welcomed to shop comfortably in your stores.

I really hope they’re doing something about CS in their stores. I stopped shopping at the Sephora stores and online too. The Sephora near me has the worst service, always, they basically ignore you. I once made an online purchase and received a broken item. I went to the store to exchange and was told “ in the future if you buy online return online, this affects our bottom line” I was so embarrassed and mad that I never returned. I was a Rouge at the time. I shop at Ulta and Nordstrom for all of my beauty now. Doubt that I will return to Sephora. 

Hi @crup,

I am so sorry to hear an item from your order arrived damaged and for the service you received in store! I'm going to send you a private message to assist you further.

Always,
Danee

Anonymous Insider

I hope that this does make a difference in the way the store employees treat the customers.  My mother was visiting from out of town and had never been to a Sephora store so we took her and had intended on treating her to some goodies.  While at the store my mom asked an associate a question and was ignored....she sought out a different associate to help her and this lady basically pointed in the direction that the product that my mother wanted to see was....she didn't help her in any way.  I went over to ask my mom if she had found anything and she told me what happened so I stuck by my mom's side the rest of the our time in the store but after that my mother didn't want to even look at anything else...she was disgusted...so we left.  I have not been back to a store.  It was rude and it made my heart hurt that my mom was treated so badly....I guess you have to be young, pretty and "hip" to get attention and help from your associates.  I have ordered on-line since then because I refuse to go to the store...and only because what I wanted was hard to locate and you had it.  You know...those young, pretty and hip girls...they don't spend the money that us mature ladies do.....truth.

Hi @borgesnany1951,

It is our priority to provide all of our clients with the best service and I am truly sorry to hear about your mother's recent store experience and for the service that she received! I understand this has been such a disappointing experience and I'll be sending you a private message to gather more information regarding her experience.

Always,
Danee

@Anonymous That is so sad. It stings so hard when you see your mom not treated with respect.  No matter how many good experiences I have in a store, if my mom isn’t treated well, I’m done.  These women raised us and deserve the best. I hope you and your mom were able to enjoy the rest of the day.  

Everyone seems to be unhappy with the service In store... I however have only shopped in a Sephora store 3 times in my life due to lack of stores near me. I’m stuck shopping online unless I want to drive 4 hours. Associates were always nice though. I’m thankful for that.

I’d like to see representation in your choice of campaign models. You have seemed to become inclusive of varying cultures but not size or age. I’d also like to see people with less than perfect skin utilizing makeup products in your store campaign stills. Acne, hyperpigmentation, birthmarks, texture, wrinkles; not just the glass skin that is the ultimate goal that not everyone can achieve or hide through editing. 

I shop at Sephora, Downtown Seattle, all the time.  I am 70 years old.  When I look at skin care products, and the Sales Associate says, "It works wonderfully; I use it all the time", and that person is a 20 something, the statement lacks credibility.  Mature Sales Associates would be appreciated.   

RE: Re: We Belong to Something Beautiful.

I feel like this is highly area based, though I do think some skin care reps need more training. My Sephora’s have a lot of SA’s over 40, but oddly enough rarely do they work in skincare. They’re 90% of the time always in fragrance which is just weird.

I agree totally. I usually wear appropriate makeup for a mature women and always use the best skincare products. However, when I go to Sephora I only use SPF as I plan to try and purchase what I need at the time. I feel like my age and lack of makeup leads me to be disregarded by all the young associates. Hire mature, please! 

Anonymous Insider

I shop with my mother whose 65. She’s beautiful. We get her a good moisturizer, a basic green tea cleanser ( she likes the tingle), and an overnight lotion with hyaluronic acid. She also gets an SPF 50 every day moisturizer. 

I hope this helps 

136 Replies
testing