cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

We Belong to Something Beautiful.

Sephora Manifesto Text.jpg

On the morning of 6/5, every Sephora store, distribution center, and corporate office in the US will close to host inclusion workshops for our employees. These values have always been at the heart of Sephora, and we’re excited to welcome everyone when we reopen. Join us in our commitment to a more inclusive beauty community.

RE: We Belong to Something Beautiful.

And.....whatever happened to just being considerate and respectful of all? That training should come from the home while you are growing up. One hour is not going to make a difference. You should probably change your hiring techniques and start testing applicants on manners and common decency. And then follow up every 6 months with evaluations. Managerial skills need to be perfected too, if they can’t see that some employees are rude and demeaning and make customers feel inadequate and unwanted. Run your business as if your next meal depends on it.

Re: We Belong to Something Beautiful.

I buy a lot of makeup from Sephora. I've met two very nice people who always help me but for the most part I shop online because I don't like the customer service in store. Even when it's not very busy the service isn't very welcoming. If I need help, I have to search for someone to help me and they don't spend a lot of time helping. In comparison, when ever I go into MAC, I'm always greeted and they offer to do my makeup no matter how busy the store is. And I ALWAYS buy something from my visit.

I call BS. You can train these privileged girls all you want. They will continue to do the same. It's happened to me twice and when i brought it to their attention i was issued a fake apology and wishes that I'll remain a customer. I think I'll purchase from The Crayon Case. The African American woman who the copied her entire concept

I see you took my post down. I’ll make it short. I’ve been a Sephora customer for many years. I prefer online shopping due to the lack of CS in the stores. It’s not set up for it. When I walk into Nordstrom I’ll be approached and CS is outstanding. They’ll take ad much time as necessary. Having said that I’m retired but have been in the beauty business for over 20 years.

Re: RE: We Belong to Something Beautiful.

I totally   agree with youu.Every time I walk into a Sephora store it lacks customer service.You have to ask for help and them they bounce you from 1 person to another leaving you alone after they answer your question.No recommendations at all.

I don’t see it as belonging to something beautiful when you are pandering and not acting as a leader for change.  How can you use the term “courage” when this company has the ability to take a positive stance against animal cruelty and yet continues to heavily market products that test on animals?  

yes, just work on customer service in general FOR EVERYONE.
Anonymous Insider

How about you sell me mascara and spare me the finger-wagging.

@Anonymous this isn’t about finger waving, this is about a store re-affirming their commitment to serve ALL of their customers and not just more traditional beauty product purchasers/ women. Serving these communities/underserved populations not only makes good business sense, it is also mandated by law in some states. I’m sorry basic marketing and brand strategy are offensive to you
Anonymous Insider

No problem. Not offended. I agree with and support all the things you listed, and if I thought the rolling out of this initiative was in any way genuine I would have never said a thing. I appreciate your input. 😊

@Anonymous Definitely feel that, just once it'd be nice to see this kind of training/commitment before a scandal instead of after

Very glad to see this  ❤️

Developmental Disabilities I think that people with developmental disabilities need to be included in diversity training. Many instances, people do not know how to react and relate to those with developmental disabilities. Too many young children staring with parents not saying anything. That is a great teachable moment.
Anonymous Insider

That's awesome. It is great to see when companies are doing something in that respect!

Anonymous Insider

Hi there...me again

I enjoy your YouTube Channel, and would like to see older models, or tutorials for older women.

Thank you again for your time

Karen S

Anonymous Insider

I will be 63 in August. I've always had a good experience at Sephora. SUGGESTION: Periodically have a Senior Day with Special discounts or free items for mature skin. Insert flyers in the bags with tips or products specifically geared for older customers. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yes!!! And have brand reps that KNOW how to approach mature skin in skincare and makeup for diverse skin tones.

RE: Re: We Belong to Something Beautiful.

I think this is a great idea @Anonymous and that it would also make a lot of business sense.
Anonymous Insider

I already posted a comment to this effect yesterday. I guess it was removed. Anyway, I’ll say it again. I hope intellectual diversity will be part of your diversity training.

I agree that intelligence differences should be a part of all organizations diversity training. These populations are often ignored and underserved because people don’t know how to interact with individuals they can’t relate to. I’m always happy to attend sessions, seminars, workshops on diversity and inclusion because there are changes and updates and reminders. The education never ends and one lesson is never enough. I’m proud for Sephora for dedicating their whole US workforce to an entire day of training. It’s the right think to do, and to keep doing regularly!
testing