cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Valentine's Day Fragrances and Activities

Hey BIC!

Valentine’s Day is coming up in two short weeks! Whether you are going to spend the day with your besties, your significant other or with number one we want to know your ideas for what makes a great Valentine’s Day! We know that many are struggling to figure out what to gift and may also be stressing over planning a date idea.

This community is always full of great ideas so I wanted to open up two questions to you to see if we can help the greater Sephora community out:

1. What specific fragrance(s) would you love to receive as a gift (Sephora brands please!)
  2. What’s a fun plan for Valentine’s Day with or without a  plus one? Please share suggestions for romantic date tips, a night of self-care, etc. 🙂

Can’t wait to read your responses and hopefully fall in love with new fragrances!

Re: Valentine's Day Fragrances and Activities

@yankeefaithful I have both and recommend them highly. They are huge improvements over the original scents, and very lovely. Really beautiful fragrances. For me, there was nothing to Pure Grace but Nude Rose has the additional layer of the delicate rose, while Amazing Grace was far to powdery for me, but Ballet Rose is nice and balanced. 

@alexasteph I agree with your assessment of the original scents.  They didn't do anything for me.  I always wondered why the QVC shoppers swooned!  

@alexasteph. Thanks for the info! I personally loved the originals, but they had changed somewhat since Philosophy was sold several years ago. I may take a chance and try one of them.

@yankeefaithful Nude Rose is actually a 100 pt reward right now.

@alexasteph. Thanks so much!!💞

1. MM Fantasies: Wicked Love. Seems appropriate. 😉
  2. Sitting in the hot tub, drinking wine with my boyfriend. That'd be a perfect night for me. 🙂

Oh man, perfume is one of my favorite things ❤️  I have such a huge perfume to-try backlog that its difficult to even choose a few.

I would love to get Aerin Amber Musk.  I'm a sucker for beautiful perfume bottles, and this one is a lovely blushing pink stone topper (and would look beautiful on a vanity!).  I've sample the scent in store and its intimate, soft, and lingers in a memorable way.

The other scent I'd love to receive is Acqua di Parma Peonia Nobile.  I've also sampled this scent, and its stunning (but also vibrant, playful and fun). Its fresh, fruity and floral, and the bottle itself says "Valentine" to me because of the bright pink!

My favorite Valentines tradition is making homemade chocolates with my significant other.  Every year we make a different flavor.  This year we're going to try dark chocolate filled with coconut caramel and sea salt 🙂

@Madeline7, i'd like to try out Acqua di Parma Peonia Nobile (just because i dont have any peony scent in my collection).  Everytime, Sephora listed it as a sample, i checked out so quick only to disappoint when the sample was substituted with something else.  Never fail.  Oh well 😉

1)  I would love to receive Jo Malone's Wild Bluebell or Wood Sage & Sea Salt.  Maybe even Orange Blossom and Red Roses. That combination would be perfect for spring.  On the other side of the spectrum, D&G's 3 L'imperatrice would be a great gift as well.

2)  For us, my boyfriend and I will probably go out to our favorite sushi restaurant and maybe go fragrance hunting at the Jo Malone counter.  lol  I'm going to try to convince him, not sure if he'll appease me, but you never know. 

@modernwarpaint, ya'll are really making me want to try Wood Sage and Sea Salt!

@curlychiquita - dude you need to try it!  get a sample so you can try it out throughout the week.  That's what I did at first, and I was hooked.  The nectarine blossom & honey and the mimosa & cardamom didn't fair well with my chemistry, but the WS&SS just lingered nicely and smelled comforting and just made me feel like me. 

@modernwarpaint I just saw that Wild Bluebell has complimentary gift wrap with every order at Sephora.  I had no idea.

Complimentary gift wrap with every order.

Okay, I just tried Wild Bluebell on my skin for the second time this past weekend, and I think I may like this better than Wood Sage & Sea Salt.  Actually, they are great layered together!  My boyfriend loves Wild Bluebell, so this and Philosykos are my next 2 purchases. 

That's great.  I've never ordered Jo Malone from Sephora because I know at counters like in Dillard's and Nordstrom they give you a complimentary gift (like a travel size cologne or body crème for example) with the additional gift wrap.  The main advantage to getting at Sephora is to gain points (esp. during fragrance 3x events like now).  The online JM website provides the same complimentary gift wrap and extras, too, but I prefer getting in Dillard's because I have built a rapport with a rep there.  Thanks for the info!

@modernwarpaint It can be hard to decide where to make a fragrance purchase!  I wish there was a Nordstrom close to me so I could enjoy their little perks.  Of course, my friend lived down the street from their flagship store, and let's just say she's spend thousands.  Might be too tempting for me!

@greeneyedgirl107 - I know!  I've been comparing Nordstrom, the Diptyque website, Overstock (not sure if I want to buy from here, but it's less exp), and Amazon.  I've never purchased fragrance from Amazon before, but I have a giftcard.  Has anyone here purchased fragrance from Amazon and did you ever have issues with old stock or authenticity?

I'd like to add Option B to my fragrance of choice! Smiley Wink 

nomade.PNG

How pretty is this bottle?  And look at the description: 

Chloé is set to launch Nomade, a fragrance created to chime with women’s desire for openness, adventure and empowerment Heart 

Cloe Perfumes have been one of my all time favorites. I a...

Cloe Perfumes have been one of my all time favorites. I also luv Juicy Couture, Viva La La, Juicy Noir, Yves St Lauren Opium, Yves St Lauren in Mon Paris n my list too could go on n on!

I just smelled this in the March 2018 Harper's Bazaar mag.  Yes, it's on paper, but it is reallllly different.  I can't pinpoint the sharpness and yet sort of adventurous note.  Maybe the Mirabelle?  I'd love to smell this on the skin. 

@ZombieMetroAnt I am OH-SO excited for this fragrance!! Love the bottle and I'm sure it will smell incredible 🙂 

This is such a pretty bottle, it reminds me of their bags!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • nomade.PNG
  • 021118babygoat.jpg
  • 021118llamallama.jpg
  • 021118llama.jpg
testing