cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Valentine's Day Fragrances and Activities

Hey BIC!

Valentine’s Day is coming up in two short weeks! Whether you are going to spend the day with your besties, your significant other or with number one we want to know your ideas for what makes a great Valentine’s Day! We know that many are struggling to figure out what to gift and may also be stressing over planning a date idea.

This community is always full of great ideas so I wanted to open up two questions to you to see if we can help the greater Sephora community out:

1. What specific fragrance(s) would you love to receive as a gift (Sephora brands please!)
  2. What’s a fun plan for Valentine’s Day with or without a  plus one? Please share suggestions for romantic date tips, a night of self-care, etc. 🙂

Can’t wait to read your responses and hopefully fall in love with new fragrances!

Re: Valentine's Day Fragrances and Activities

We celebrated early, last night.  My husband brought home Tex-Mex so I didn't have to cook dinner, which was very sweet of him!  I bought the kids some candies from See's; it's become a tradition for us. 

I've been curious about two Jo Malone fragrances for a long time- Orange Blossom and Wild Bluebell.  I once had a bottle of orange blossom water from France that King Arthur Flour used to sell (I can't find it anywhere anymore,) and I always hoped to find a fragrance that smelled just like it.

Well, not to be a Debbie downer BUT my so CALLED husband...

Well, not to be a Debbie downer BUT my so CALLED husband is the least affectionate man I've EVER been WITH!! Not just on Valentine's Day but EVERY DAY I'm STARVING to be LUVED by him....NOTHING!! SO I've learned to really just LUV ME 😘 n that's where the fun comes in for me...I go shopping for all sorts of make up n lashes, I really want to try the magnetic lashes that are finally out!!❤Also I LUV all types of smells, whether it's a beautiful rose or orange smell, AWESOME n I REALLY LUV body butters n body scrubs. Sephora has been a company I've been with for many yrs n also ULTA Beauty. There's just something about a sad women that turns so happy to go n pamper herself. Actually, I'd prefer to go alone because when my husband comes his ATTITUDE just brings me down! You're a beautiful women n I enjoyed your pictures n being able to talk to a girlfriend that I just met lol! Luv, Specialkat

@KatieBT My daughter and I had an amazing Galentine adventure yesterday! (cross-posting from the Llama Thread)

We went to Goat Yoga in the morning and got to play with the cutest little goats - I'm not gonna lie - they were a little distracting because they kept trying to nibble my toes and water bottle while I was trying to follow the instructor, but it was sooooo much fun!

021118babygoat.jpg

Then, after a lovely lunch, we visited a nearby vineyard where the owners kept a llama to guard over the goats on their property!  He was so beautiful and such a sweetheart!  He even followed us along the fence to our car when we had to leave - I wish I could have taken him home with us!

021118llamallama.jpg

021118llama.jpg

I can't wait to see what the rest of Valentine's week has in store! ❤️

@Tamara76 - I don't do yoga.  I've tried to do yoga and it seems to work in reverse for me (I get less flexible instead of more flexible).  However...I would do yoga every day if baby goats were a part of it.  So stinking cute!

@ChristineR07 They were super cute!  And tbh, the yoga wasn't very intense - there was really more focus on the goats! ❤️

@Tamara76  How fun!!!  The baby goat is adorable.  What is goat yoga?

@Ispend2much6 Goat yoga is basically a yoga class with a certified instructor, but they have baby goats running around the room while you're doing the poses!  It was soooooo cute!!! ❤️

@Tamara76 I honestly don’t think I could fathom a more perfect activity. What a blast!!

Thanks, @KatieBT!  It was a perfect day!!!! ❤️

I am way too picky to feel comfortable setting anyone up to fail in selecting a fragrance I’d wear, I mean I’m supposed to like them more than that! 

The mister and I have been foster parents with two girls for about a month now and will be spending Valentine’s Day as a family - cards, a little candy, and dinner together is the plan. And a little ‘adult time’ after the kids are in bed. 😉

1. I'd love to receive: The Aerin Coffret Set https://www.sephora.com/product/eau-de-parfum-fragrance-coffret-P414786?skuId=1871995 , Atelier Silver Iris or any of their new candles. I would also love Assam of India by BERDOUS https://www.sephora.com/product/assam-india-P418118?skuId=1942937 . I love perfume so I wouldn't be too picky. I think Prada Candy would be a good all around pick for someone.

2. Since I'm very single (lol) I'll pick without. Usually I'm working. But I think a great day would be to take oneself shopping, go to a fancy cupcake store and get a few cupcakes, pick up a new movie, cuddle up with a pet and watch the movie and afterwards take a nice romantic bath. Followed by a fabulous night time skin care routine and a face mask.

That sounds right up my alley. The only thing that's in t...

@Samtian That sounds right up my alley!! I enjoy pampering myself also n going shopping for fragrances all different kinds of body butters n scrubs too.

Re: That sounds right up my alley. The only thing that's in t...

@specialk3 You are stunning!!

@samitan, you're post was a phenomenal!! I like to spend...

YOU'RE post was a phenomenal!! I like to spend lots of time to pamper myself n going shopping for fragrances all different smells especially My Love by Burberry n Juicy Couture, Viva la JUICY Noir❤!! I also enjoy plenty of great smelling body washes n scrubs. I agree, a good face mask definitely can make you feel BEAUTIFUL!!

@Samtian  have you tried any of the other Berdous scents?  I'm actually intrigued by them, but they don't carry them at my local Sephora stores.  The one I am drawn to most is the rainforest type one (I think green bottle).

@modernwarpaint I have! They had a sample set out earlier. I'll have to look and see which one you are talking about. 

Would love to have Tom Ford Vert Boheme, which I wore to my wedding and is so special to me! Or, for a new one, I would love to try this new EL Hibiscus Palm, sounds amazing, like a tropical vacation.  I used to work for EL, but it’s been many years! 

I am old so a night in with a lovely homemade meal, champagne and an indulgent dessert sounds like heaven to me! 

https://www.sephora.com/product/vert-boheme-P413160?skuId=1855576&icid2=products%20grid:p413160

https://www.sephora.com/product/hibiscus-palm-P428454?skuId=2039121&icid2=just%20arrived:p428454

@KatieBT

1. What specific fragrance(s) would you love to receive as a gift (Sephora brands please!): NEST's Wisteria Blue because it's new an exciting to me; Philosophy Amazing Grace Ballet Rose and YSL Parisienne because they're so romantic; Aerin Hibiscus Palm as a surprise because the I find hibiscus very pretty but haven't had the pleasure of trying this scent yet.
  2. What’s a fun plan for Valentine’s Day with or without a  plus one? Please share suggestions for romantic date tips, a night of self-care, etc. Valentine's Day for a plus one: Since it's on a Wednesday night, maybe a light dinner at home followed by a movie watched by candlelight.  For without a plus one: a gift exchange with the girls!  It could be something small like lip glosses, something funny like re-gifting Christmas presents, or all out with flowers.  

@greeneyedgirl107 Have you sampled the Philosophy Amazing Grace Ballet Rose or the Pure Grace Nude Rose? I'm really interested but cannot find somewhere to just sample before getting full size. Thanks for your input!

@yankeefaithful I sampled the Amazing Grace Ballet Rose at Ulta and really liked it.  I thought it competed well with Roses de Chloe (to my unsophisticated nose, at least!) and was more affordable.  I hope to sample Pure Grace Nude Rose...I haven't seen it at my Ulta, but mine isn't one of the good ones.

I didn't know that Philosophy was sold...that probably explains why their Fresh Cream looked and smelled so different to me.  Thanks for the heads-up!

99 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • nomade.PNG
  • 021118babygoat.jpg
  • 021118llamallama.jpg
  • 021118llama.jpg
testing