Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Tried and Tested: Milk Kush Mascara

We have been testing out so much newness and swatching all the lipstick, highlighter and eyeshadows so we are creating this thread to consolidate these conversations into one place. I will update this thread to discuss the newness of the moment at the Sephora office and to answer any questions you may have. This isn’t only for us to leave reviews, if you are using a product we’re talking about please jump in, share your pictures and let the Community know your thoughts!

Milk Kush Mascara

Milk Makeup is releasing a brand new mascara this Friday, 4/20, and I am obsessing over it! As many of you know, I'm a big mascara critic and don't fall in love with every mascara I try but this formula and packaging impressed me.

Milk Kush.png

• The ingredients: the most interesting aspect of this product? This vegan formula no longer contains the beeswax in Milk's old formula so is now formulated with cannabis oil also known as CBD oil. As many of you probably know or would assume, this is derived of cannabis and does not contain THC. 
  • The formula: this product thickens lashes with heart-shaped fibers that add length, volume and curl. The oil nourishes and conditions for healthier-looking lashes. 
  • The wand: this big, fluffy wand make the product apply like a dream.  I typically don't like bigger wands as my lashes don't get coated easily but the formula works very will with the the brush. 

This mascara doesn't give crazy, fake-looking lashes (which I do love) but still coats my lashes fully in one coat so it's great for everyday application. It felt incredibly nourishing going on too so I cannot wait to see if this will improve the health of my lashes. All-in-all I'm very impressed with this mascara and will be reaching for it every morning!

Have you tried any cannabis-derived beauty products? Let us know!

Previous products we've tested out are listed below. 

Farsali Volcanic Elixir

Spoiler

Farsali.jpg

Exciting announcement, BIC! Farsali's powerful Volcanic Elixir is going to be available on Sephora.com (US and Canada) starting on 4/3! This product is not brand new but will be new to Sephora so @BrendaBT and I both tested this to see if it lived up to the hype.

• The ingredients: this eilix is powered by Tamanu Oil, which is sourced from the nut kernels of the manunu fruit of the south pacific islands of Polynesia. This ingredient thrives in a volcanic atmosphere, hence the name "Volcanic Elixir." Volcanic ash provides nutrients and minerals to the soil of the Tamanu Tree in this environment, making this Polynesian Tamanu Oil extremely high in nutritional value. 
  • The results: Tamanu Oil is said to be anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antibiotic and to also have antioxidant properties. This ingredient aids in regenerating new, healthy skin. 
  • The scent: we both loved the strong, earthy scent! You won't smell any fragrances in this product. 
  • How to use: we both have been using this as a nighttime treatment and have been pleased with the results. This can also be applied to treat dry areas (elbows, knees, etc.), to hydrate your cuticles or even to relieve eczema or psoriasis. 

All-in-all we are both impressed by this product and will continue to use this oil nightly. We both love that we can get skin-healing benefits for sun damage and acne damage while also hydrating our skin. If you are looking for something to heal inflamed skin, nourish damaged skin, or even to hydrate dry spots on your body this is a great product to try!

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Perfector 

Spoiler

MUFE_Product.jpg

MUFE_Swatches.jpg

• Shade range: we were surprised to see only 10 shades in the range but quickly learned the reasoning behind that – each shade is flexible enough to match 3-5 skintones. I had my reservations about this claim but was pleasantly surprised we each found perfect matches. My tan co-worker and I both love the same shade (#5) so the shades are truly flexible
  • Coverage: sheer-to-medium and buildable
  • Formula: this foundation is hydrating, sits light on the skin, evens skintone and contains SPF 25

MUFE_Pics.png

Our Thoughts: @BrendaBT and I are both full-coverage enthusiasts and this is a sheer-to-medium coverage foundation. I tried #5 and Brenda tried #7. While the first layer is noticeable, it is definitely too sheer to cover up all my texture and redness (hi hormones!). We both let the first layer dry, added a second layer and were shocked by the increase in coverage! You can use this along with your go-to concealer to get your desired coverage while maintaining a healthy, smooth complexion. This is a great foundation for those who love sheer or medium coverage! 

Has anyone tried this foundation yet? What do you think?

Note: we know you may be curious about other newness. Let us know if you have any requests and we can try to get our hands on the product or find someone who HAS tried it.

Re: Tried and Tested: Milk Kush Mascara

i'm debating between this, lights camera lashes, and ciate wonderwand. which do you like the best? your lashes look stunning in this btw

RE: Tried and Tested: Milk Kush Mascara

I bought it this week and opened it immediately to apply, it clumped on my lashes... I’m so disappointed- advice?!!

@mcsupergirl it builds up in layers really well because i...

@mcsupergirl it builds up in layers really well because it stays soft. I would suggest applying thin layers until you get the intensity you like. I usually do 2-3 layers and love how thick and feathery this mascara makes my lashes look.

I love the Kush Mascara but mine smudges both to my lid and under Eye. Does this happen to you? I’m not sure whether it is the hot weather or what.. I use eyeshadow base and powder to stop it from smudging but it’s not working. Help would be appreciated because I like the mascara. Thank you!

@KatieBT really interested in this mascara! It looks really natural but polished. I’ve recently tried to be more vegetarian/ buying makeup that is not tested on animals this is up my alley! Also, I love big fluffy mascara wands 😍

As for cannabis beauty, I don’t smoke or ingest cannabis but I have a CBD/THC body butter that works amazingly for anti-inflammatory properties and is also great for hydrating! It’s Moda Green Cream organic cannabis infused body butter💚🖤💚

I am so inturigued by the ingredients! I love a basic everyday mascara that I can wear to school drop off and soccer practice just to get that “fresh face/mom who has it together” look, so this is definitely something I want to try! Thanks for sharing @KatieBT! ☺️

@bakeamuffin you’ll like this a lot then - the fibers make it apply easily so if you’re on the go and don’t want to spend a lot of time on your lashes this is a great option. 

Mini versions of the Farsali and Kush mascara would be awesome! Very intrigued about the Farsali elixir. I am always on the search for ways to fix my sun damage spots on my cheeks.

Just added a new product to the OP: Milk's new Kush Mascara launching on 4/20! Check out the OP to learn more. 

@KatieBT  Your lashes look great! Look forward to trying the Kush Mascara,  and like you, I am very picky and so many irritate my eyes. Thanks for the informative review and the pic!!

Thank you @yankeefaithful! Let me know what you think of this when you try it 🙂

Your lashes look amazing @KatieBT

Your lashes look great! Glad Milk changed the wand - I could never figure out the wand with the little spheres. @KatieBT

Your lashes look great @KatieBT! This is something I'd wanna try for sure!

RE: Re: Tried and Tested: Milk Kush Mascara

Yay @veronika23 is back!! 😄😁😆😀 missed you! Very excited to try this new milk mascara. I was always torn on the Ubame mascara. Liked the formula but the brush was too big for me.

@KatieBT Your eyelashes look great with this mascara ☺️ I am super happy to try this if my eyelashes look half as good as yours 💜 

haha love that it's coming out on 4/20 - looks good on you @KatieBT!

Re: Tried and Tested: Farsali Volcanic Elixir

I want to try this product SOOO BAD! You guys should totally come out with a mini version (like with the Rose Gold Elixir and the Unicorn Essence) and I would be IN! Ahhh! 🙂 Thanks for the post! Hopefully I'll get my hands on some soon! @KatieBT

@SchylarR I like the mini idea, too!  It's such a great way to test out products before committing to the full size.

@SchylarR I love that idea!! Hopefully we will have minis in the future. Until then, let  us know if you try this out!

44 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • MUFE_Product.jpg
  • MUFE_Swatches.jpg
  • MUFE_Pics.png
  • Farsali.jpg
  • Milk Kush.png
testing