Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Throwdown Thursdays Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments

It's time for another Throwdown Thursday! Today we are discussing the cultiest-of-cult-fave products, Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments. Luxe, yummy smelling, and oh so moisturizing, these bad boys (girls?) are considered by many to be the HG of lip balms. But with so many new colors to choose from, a girl can get a little confused.

So what's your preference, BeautyTalkers: Original or tinted (and if tinted, which one)? Throwdown!

fresh throwdown 10.17.jpg

Shop Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments> http://seph.me/GSImso

Re: Throwdown Thursdays Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments

Original for anytime moisture and chapped lip relief. But Plum is my all time favorite tinted, especially when I have no make-up on and need just "something" to perk up my face. Except for Berry all the other tinted ones look absolutely horrible on my darkly pigmented lips. So sad that most of the holiday sets don't feature Plum anymore! You can only find Plum in the large, expensive all color sets now. 😞

I must be the only person who doesn't like any of the Fresh sugar lippies. I've tried the original, advanced, and honey. I really wanted to love them because of all the great reviews, but they actually irritated my extremely sensitive lips. I love the scent and the color, but my lips just got all red, swollen, and itchy. Just to reiterate - I have super reactive lips. I can't use anything with mint, cinnamon, or citrus oils.

I only have the original which I got as a sample and like it. I'll try the tinted ones at some point. 

I prefer the original. I always have to wear it daily and if I feel like it then I can add on a lipstick or gloss over it. Either way, it's nice to have it on my lips which are always so dry.

I love the originl! It leaves my lips soo smooth and glossy!  And the smell is just amazing! I love that the birthday gift last year were these since it introduced me to it!  I love it!

I love the Sugar Honey!  It's the perfect pop of color for me 🙂

I've only tried one, and that's the one that came in the Give Me Some Lip set.  Yuck!  The scent is nauseating, the texting is nasty, and it's tinted pink or rose.  How do you use lip balm when it's tinted?  My lips are extra heavy-duty severely dry, so I put lip balm on under my lipstick and I put it on throughout the day over my lipstick (lightly and gently so as not to mess up my lipstick too badly).  When it's tinted, that defeats the purpose and limits it's use to evenings and weekends if I don't go anywhere.  Is there an untinted, unscented, non-ointment-textured Fresh?

I have both, tinted and original, and I think I like tinted the most, because its such a small tint, it doesn't make you look like you wear lipstick, but it still give that little cute touch! 🙂

Tinted taking the lead! In case anyone was wondering, I'm a Plum girl myself, but I've been eyeing the Passion color. 🙂 

Tinted for sure.  Petal is my all time favorite "my lips but better" color but I haven't tried most of the other colors.  Maybe I will swatch them next time I go to Sephora.

I love them both, but my favorite is the tinted. I love several, but I really love the new Petal! It's very subtle, but it's perfect for no makeup or little makeup days.

Tinted Petal! A beautiful pinky-nude color. Love them!

Tinted, I love the Rose one the best. It gives me a nice rosy lip color but still keeping it on the natural side. The formula is so hydrating and smooth to apply, no to mention the smell is amazing.

33 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • fresh throwdown 10.17.jpg
testing