Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

There needs to be a wishlist that is SEPARATE from "loves"

I know that Sephora markets their "love" list as a place to save products your actually love AND products you want to try and send to people as a wish list. I hate this! I am partially posting just to get some validation that I am not the only one who feels like this!! There are several flaws with this system:

1) This artificially inflates the popularity of a product when you are considering purchasing. It makes it seems like products that are talked about a lot are highly loved - when in reality it could just be that a bunch of people want to try it. If they separated loves and wish list we could see who wants to try versus who bought and really loves. This would help the products because it would make what I want to buy again more clear but would also help consumers because we would trust the "loves" more to where they might actually sway my opinion on whether to buy. Right now, when I see a highly loved product it's a worthless number. Having 330k loves means nothing when I don't know if people really love it or if they are just interested in trying it.

2) It makes it IMPOSSIBLE to differentiate what I have bought and liked versus what I want to try. When you buy as much makeup as I do you forget what worked and what didn't sometimes. The section that keeps track of my purchases doesn't help either because it includes samples which clutter and confuse the list. I want a clean, self curated list for when I try a product and liked it so much I want to repurchase when I run out (loves) versus things I am interested in and want to buy (wish list). I find myself scrolling through my loves constantly asking myself "Did I try and like that? Why is it here?"

3) Last, but not least, I cannot SEND a wishlist to my family that includes things I have!! If my birthday is coming up and I want makeup, I can't use this feature on Sephora because right now my loves and interests are mixed. I may have added the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation to my loves when I tried it and decided I wanted to repurchase. Now, if I send the list to my family they might accidentally repurchase for me the basically full foundation I already own. When in reality, if I send them a wish list I want them to get a list of products I want but DON'T HAVE! The solution to this currently is to not "love" products that I already own but want to repurchase, however that is a poor solution for brands because in five months when I finish the Tarte foundation if I don't repurchase right away (which I won't because I will have eight other foundations to finish) I will forget about it.

This mixed wish-list/repurchase list doesn't work as either! Both functions suffer as the result of being mixed with other. 

I don't see why I can't have a "love" list and a "wish" list. 

Re: There needs to be a wishlist that is SEPARATE from "loves"

I agree!

Still feelin' this and it's almost 2019...

YES!!! EVERYTHING YOU SAID!!!

Anonymous Insider

Such a good idea! 

My love list is quite long , it has things I want to try, my ride or dies, and random favorites of mine. 

I constantly have to go back through my purchases list when looking at items on my love list to buy just to see what I've already tried and to try and remember what didn't work for me so i can get my moneys worth. At least with a love list i can keep all my favs there and a wishlist can be for new things Id like to try or things i need as gifts! I'm not sure why Sephora hasn't thought of this before!

RE: There needs to be a wishlist that is SEPARATE from \"loves\"

Honestly, I 100% agree. It's making holiday shopping so much more frustrating than necessary.

I brought this up to CS and they said they'd look into it...

I brought this up to CS and they said they'd look into it. I think they need to figure out all the other glitches first.

YES YES YES! i need separate lists! one for things i have, one for things i want, one of things that i really want and will probably get the next time i can.

I wish I could just create lists. As many as I wanted to organize loves, wishes and everything else!

Also if a love is OOS it disappears from the list. That bothers me for some reason ...

Great idea! It would be so much easier

Great idea! It would be so much easier

YES!!!! we should be able to make our own lists. Like why...

YES!!!! we should be able to make our own lists. Like why do we have set ones that really are not helpful? sigh...would be such an easy fix

I agree 100%! I want to make more lists like things I like, things I didn’t like, things I want to try, things I want to buy as gifts, etc.
Anonymous Insider

Agreed, i would definitely create multiple categories of...

Agreed, i would definitely create multiple categories of lists!!! i've been wanting such a feature for a while.

I wish I could have separate lists too. I have items that I'm considering but want them separate from those I love

It seems like a great idea, and it will be better to see how many people actually liked certain product, not just wanted to buy it. It will be also amazing if you could only “love” products that you’ve already bought, so all the feedback will be genuine.

The Loves list already functions as a wishlist and you can view your purchase history. To play devil's advocate a little further, you can send a list to your family by typing an email, text, screenshot, writing a letter, etc. I wouldn't bemoan giving people the option to see create more lists, but I'd be more clutter for me. 

I completely agree!

I mean no offence but this seems a little silly. The 'loves' list IS your 'wishlist'. You can easily remove your purchased items from this list as there is a 'purchased items' list as well. I'm sure you know which of these items you 'love'. Right?

Re: RE: There needs to be a wishlist that is SEPARATE from \"loves\"

I love a lot of make up when I see something new or with good rating im gonna wanna try later, but I also love actual products. When the same brand with multiple different items, like foundation, are on my love list it makes it hard to remember which one I wanted. I might also love an item to remember to get a sample. So I can have an item loved when I dont, or haven't even tried it. This is confusing when I go to repurchase products.  

A wishlist is so necessary! It's frustrating that my products I've purchased and loved are mixed in with the things I want to save and try but don't know if I actually love it yet. 

33 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing