Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The one thing I would most like to change about shopping for Skincare at Sephora is...

Re: The one thing I would most like to change about shopping for Skincare at Sephora is...

The great thing about shopping at Sephora is the ability to get free samples before you buy - and this is especially important for skin care products. That being said, Sephora should have separate jars of skin care products that are locked away from consumers so uncontaminated samples can be given out. Do you know how disgusting it is to have people dig their fingers into a jar of cream, and the SA scoop out samples for you to put on your FACE from that very same jar??

Re: The one thing I would most like to change about shopping for Skincare at Sephora is...

I  have NEVER had that happen! You’re right, that is totally disgusting! 

More examples/styles for "older ladies," and I know there are many of us.  As a VIB Rouge I often look for and can't find info for aging issues and make up styles that flatter older skin/faces!  Also, often more than half the available samples and rewards are fragrances, and I would like to see more make up/hair choices!  Thanks for asking and I do hope someone is reading these and not just wasting our time!!

the one thing i would change would be that the higher ur status is the more free tester items u get to try !!

Anonymous Insider

Better treatment for VIB Rouge! I would like to know, what exactly is the difference between VIB and VIB Rouge?? Ever since I reached Rouge status, I've been completely underwhelmed by my shopping experiences. I go into the stores, stand in line for THIRTY MINUTES, get told that the points gifts that I want are out of stock, can't find an associate to help when I need help, have associates at check-out not even acknowledge my Rouge status... Seriously, I've been so loyal to Sephora and the only thing I've received is a free SAMPLE SIZED blush from NARS (who are not longer cruelty-free btw). How about a separate checkout line for those with Rouge status? Or free samples sent to us a couple of times a year? Or even a free sample of something at checkout just for being a LOYAL customer?

I wonder if Sephoraadmin still looks at these answers. 

I just mentioned this yesterday:

20 yr old uninformed SAs who are still dealing with teenage acne have no place in the skincare section advising 40yr old women about anti-aging products.  It is silly.

Skincare sections should be manned by people who sound, look, and behave like they have educated themselves on the products and can address your needs.  And pretending to be chemists - that needs to stop. 

I would like to see deluxe sample size skincare kits for sale.  Paula's Choice does this and it provides an adequate amount to test the performance.

More knowledgeable SAs. As in the same number of SAs, with greater product product knowledge. Would also be nice to get samples that are actually substantial enough to be able to get a solid impression.

Also, get rid of the snobby male SA in the SF skin care section. Terrible attitude. Doesn't offer to help and makes you feel like you're inconveniencing him by asking for samples. 

We have a few of those snobby male SAs here in LA too. On my most recent trip I asked 3 different male SAs for help to find some skincare for my husband. They pretty much dismissed me after showing me the men's section. It was like "here is men's section....you figure it out." I even had specifics instead of a vague request.

I had one who kept insisting a friend of mine get a specific skin care item (male SA in LA) even after 

I repeatedly told her I didn't like to recommend the brand or item.  He just kept pushing that one.

She didn't get it.

Or any help from him either.  So annoying.  I helped her pick out skin care.

It would be cool to have a BrowBar Lounge from Benefit in some stores like Ulta does. 

Some Sephora's used to have the Anastasia Brow bars... They were amazing !! 

Anonymous Insider

I'd love that!

Anonymous Insider

There are some! I saw one in the Pacific Center Sephora in Vancouver!

Being able to filter skin care reviews by age group (it seems like sometime you can, sometimes not, and many users haven't provided an age bracket). At 59, I want to know what works (or doesn't) for real wrinkles and sagging skin, I don't quite trust the reviews of 22-year-olds who claim to have the same problems.

It just always seems hard to categorize products, I keep wishing there was just a list for people over 50. For example, the description "anti-aging" - half the time it seems to mean "formulated to prevent young skin from aging," but other manufacturers use it to mean that it addresses existing signs of aging.

Items arranged by category rather than by brand.  I read recently that the new Birchbox store (only in New York) arranged the whole store this way.  How much easier would it be to find a pink lipstick when all pink items are grouped together.  It also groups all types of skincare items together.  It is much easier to shop for items to help dry skin when they're all in the same section.  They can do this online and in store.

I've shopped in the Soho Birchbox store and have to say I wasn't really a fan of the setup. It was harder to find things I was looking for. I prefer for in-store shopping that it is set up by brand. For me, it's much easier to find what I'm looking for and to discover new products from brands I already love.

That said, no reason they can't have BOTH options for online shopping. 

Hmm sounds like a good idea.

But for me I love looking at all the products of one brand, mostly because I look online first and I know exactly what brand I want to focus on when I'm in store, it might be a little confusing, especially cause Sephora has a lot of different brand names, it's could possibly make it harder to keep track of where everything is.

For example, even if it's a moisturizing section, there will still be about 300 different type of brand products on one shelf. (Considering there's 377 items listed in moisturizers right now online.)

279 Replies
testing