Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The one thing I would most like to change about shopping for Skincare at Sephora is...

Re: The one thing I would most like to change about shopping for Skincare at Sephora is...

I'm not sure it would work either since brands pay for shelf space and they would not be too keen on this mixing of brands.  

Re: The one thing I would most like to change about shopping for Skincare at Sephora is...

I thought about this, especially since I am loyal to a few brands at department stores.  When it comes to Sephora though, they do not offer huge GWPs for certain brands, so it is the perfect store to do this in.  It could also cut back on returns.  If they had a section for dry skin for instance, someone may not accidentally buy a moisturizer for oily skin, which happens often in the current layout.  Next time I visit New York, I will go to the Birchbox store and see how the difference feels.  

foil samples for items in jars or any other exposed packaging. 

Make it easier to check the ingredients. Those of us with allergies or hypersensitive skin meed to know what's in things! And I don't always remember to bring my reading glasses for the fine print. Plus, if I want a product that has ceramides or some other particular ingredient, it can be hard to figure out what to use.

Actually, more articles and info on those 'active' ingredients would be super helpful. Trying to remember what I read in Allure last week about something-lactins isn't the ideal way to shop. I end up doing a ton of research online and then putting things in my basket or 'loving' them, but it'd be great if Sephora provided more information that way. I probably need a beauty-bar class on anti-aging ingredients a lot more than I do another smoky eye tutorial.

I couldn't agree with you more. I'd also like more ingredient info and in an easy to read uniform format. I like how some of the products online have the "formulated without" listing. I'd like that to be in store too. Maybe integrate it with the sephora app so that we can scan a product in store and have the ingredient list and formulate without listing there.

Anonymous Insider

I usually go looking on another site or for a blog that does disclose. If I can't find it after that, I write it off. I second changing the Sephora search tool.I dislike that some of the formulated without search options sometimes lie and include items with what I told it to avoid.

I've found quite a few products that don't even have an ingredients tab on Sephora. 

I just avoid buying those. If I can't read whats in them I'm not going to put it on my face. If they can't be bothered to list the ingredients then I'm not going to be bothered to buy them.

Have the brands on the back wall in alphabetical order! The store near me has it in this order: Clinique, Shiseido, Peter Thomas Roth, Ole Henrikson, Boscia, and a few more that I can't remember. I mean, it's just confusing to stroll around the back wall just trying to find a certain brand. 

Sealed skincare samples to try at home. ALL OF THEM.

It's 'ok' I guess, to test the texture, the scent of a skincare product on the back of my hand...but I clean it off with a tissue bring my own pocket size hand sanitizer.

Seriously, it sounds excessive...but the products are really gross & nasty.

I see people dipping their dirty fingers into jars, & just a gross factor example, apply lipstick straight from a tester.

Epic Gross. Herpes. E.coli. Staph. Strep. Mites. (YES MITES LIVE ON OUR SKIN!) I can't list all the critters we humans carry with us to Sephora & leave behind!

This may not be about skincare but today I walked into Sephora and I saw a girl grabbing the YSL lippies and like dipping her head to the side to get a look at herself in the side mirror and apply it. It was so uncomfortable, and I wanted to say something  but i didn't. 😞

Please tell me she at least sanitized them...

I hope so, because she was applying it as soon as I walked in, the YSL section is right next to the doorway. I really hope so, but her behavior makes me think she didn't. 

And THIS is why I bring my own 91% alcohol spray when testing at Sephora or any makeup counter 🙂 I love makeup but I love it more when it's bug-free.

upload_2622712615895854583.gif

I would LOVE if Sephora made Sephora Favorites kits based on certain skin types or problems, that way we could try out deluxe samples before committing to full size, the little Sephora jars or foil packets just honestly aren't enough to figure out if you like a skincare item 😕

I love this idea! Skincare items can be hit or miss and it usually takes a bit of time to see the total effects. It would be great if Sephora did something like that. 

Symbols for ease of shopping:

Bunny for no animal testing

V for vegan

G for Gluten Free

Kind of like at the Grocery store.

Anonymous Insider

Have signs/marks/stickers that say which products are cruelty free.

A tag or symbol for items that are free of gluten and/or wheat would be very helpful. I have a wheat allergy that manifests through skin and I cannot use anything that has gluten or wheat. It is very time consuming to have to read through every ingredient list.

I would like more organic or all natural products to be avaliable. There are some now, but I would like more to be avalible. 

testing