Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The one thing I would most like to change about shopping for Skincare at Sephora is...

Re: The one thing I would most like to change about shopping for Skincare at Sephora is...

Get more information on order of products used. I got the basics down, but when serums and stuff start coming in, it gets confusing.

To get more crossover between brands. It's easy with makeup, but skincare is still often sold in sets of specific brand products.

To know what exactly is best for my skin type and age.

I guess those are the questions I have, but as far as actually improving the shopping experience:

It's difficult to shop skincare without help. If you get help at the store, it's hard to know if the person is truly an expert in this area. Sometimes the help I get is amazing, but sometimes it's really not. I believe you currently rotate the cast members between skin care and color? I think you should have special skincare experts in stores and give them some kind of special badge/id mark on the uniforms, so we know that those are the best people to ask.

I remember a couple of years ago there was a woman working at Sephora SoHo and every customer was pretty much sent to her with skin questions. I wish I could remember her name, don't know if she still works there (my friend was the one who spoke to her, I was shopping for something else at the time). She did an amazing consult and offered samples of products without needing to ask first. This was amazing, but we needed up waiting for about twenty minutes for her to finish with the previous customer and by the time she was done talking to my friend (about half and hour), there were two more people in line waiting for her.

Most of the time, you need a consultation since you have more than one question. If the person was a true expert in this matter, I would be willing to make an appointment to come in instead of having to wait at the store for someone to become available.

Re: The one thing I would most like to change about shopping for Skincare at Sephora is...

More refined search options online would be extremely helpful.

Also, I just spent $150 on skincare products from another store because in I recieved free deluxe samples with my purchases. I bought I moisturizer and was given a deluxe sample of AHA/BHA cleanser and I bought PTR 10% Glycolic hydrating gel and recieved a deluxe sample of night cream, on top of the three free samples at checkout. Being able to test the other products was more important than receiving the "points" Sephora offers because I have over 700 points banked and nothing I want to use them on so far. 

Agree 100%

samples given from the line which you are looking to purchase. Some sephora employees I seen are not so hip on giving samples.

Have the products not just separated by brand, but by usage as well. It would be much easier to compare cleansers /toners/ masks, etc if I knew what to compare them to. Also, a dedicated member inside the store with facial experience would be extremely useful for those awkward questions. Example - if I use a cleanser that says it tones, do I need a toner as well? What is the difference between using this cleanser with this exfoliating mask, and using this exfoliating cleanser? I would also LOVE to see something on employee recommendations, as well as (and this is my number one request): If you have two minutes, use this: If you have five minutes, use this: If you have ten minutes, use this: I have two kids and I don't have time in the morning to hardly brush my hair, but I have time at night. I would love to be able to see what products are best for a quick cleanse, and which ones are best when used in conjuntion with each other.
Anonymous Insider

Lots of websites for individual skincare brands have little tests where I can pick my skin concerns and find the products recomened for me within the brand.  But almost no once has the option of "super dry, tight, and dull but with blackheads, large pores, and sensitivity looking for aging prevention."  With the vast amount of products Sephora has access to, I think you can offer this option and give multiple products by multiple brands and what works well with what!!  That would just make my day Smiley Happy

I would actually like to answer this question for shopping for makeup but don't see it posted. When people enter reviews for products that come in multiple shades, it would be great if they were prompted to enter the shade(s) and we could sort results by shade. I am frequently helped by reading how a certain shade worked for other people with my coloring but I'd rather not read 50 reviews to find the three most helpful ones. Also, for all Sephora products, including skincare, I'd love the ability to sort reviews by star level, which many online retailers offer. Frequently a low review is specific to the user (the product was too young/oily/dramatic/etc. for them) and they can be very useful in helping me decide if a product is right for me. When a product has 1000 reviews, you need some additional sort options to make use of them! Thanks for listening.

This is my biggest pet peeve regarding the makeup reviews. "Best MLBB color for my fair skin" or "Terrible color, too sheer and leans pink". Great, now out of the 50 listed shades, which one did you buy? Reviews like this are no help at all.

I love the mascara end caps and eyeliner endcaps featuring products.  I do wish that you would show the stars for that week or last month that the product received in online reviews.  I always get to the store and can't remember if it was, for example, dior or ysl that had the highest rating-I read tons of reviews and want to buy online but don't want to pay shipping but by the time I get to the store i'm not always sure-you guys have everything arranged so beautifully in the Southlake, TX store I just want everything like in a candy store and sometimes I want to be sure and get back home with the original product I read about online. 🙂 or a way to look up your wish list from online at the store.  I love knowing others results and thoughts so rating system is great!  Love to see it in store too!

I kinda solved this problem by using the phone app - I do the online research, put things in my cart, then go to the store to swatch a color or check a texture. I think my store used to have a look-up-your-wishlist terminal, but I might be thinking of another store.

I agree with kimknight.  It would be wonderful if you had someone in each store that could answer questions concerning all skin care concerns. 

acknowledging differences in skin types and needs based on ethnicity.

I don't live anywhere near a Sephora store, so I'm dependent on Sephora.com, as I'm sure many others are. I really like the feature that lets you find fragrances based on the kind of topnotes you like (like oriental, woods, floral, etc.) I think it would be great if you were to have something similar for skincare products. That way people could find skincare products or even skincare regimens that are good for their skin type (normal, dry, oily, sensitive, combination, etc.) It would also be great if you could search for skincare products online based on the function they perform: like anti-aging, moisturizing, mattifying, fighting breakouts, etc. Having an online system like this at Sephora.com would enable people to easily put together a skincare regimen for their skin type that gives them the different complexion benefits that they seek.

the overall look of Skincare. It doesn't look fun and exc...

the overall look of Skincare. It doesn't look fun and exciting the way Color does!

cheaper prices

cheaper prices
Anonymous Insider

make the exfoliants numbered. 1-10 on how rough the exfoliant is. 

free samples that don't come out of the dirty floor samples!

Anonymous Insider

The one thing I would most like to change about shopping for Skincare at Sephora is a way to make it easier to determine your skin type!

Shopping for ANYTHING at Sephora

I wold change the HORRIBLE 1990's dim lighting in your stores! I'm sorry, but WHY?!?!? You sell cosmetics, and women need to see what they actually look like, and not just get a "best guess and hope it works"! Seriously? You should have fixed this a LONG time ago! It would be great to not have to try something on and go somewhere else to see how it looks! I love you guys, and you have the best stuff, but REALLY?!?!?

Re: Shopping for ANYTHING at Sephora

I agree completely!  I can't understand why Sephora has that strange, unnatural lighting!  It is really hard to see accurately how something looks or works.

testing