Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Wellness Warriors
|

The Wellness Diaries: SuperYou

SuperYou_1.jpg

Hi BIC!

As many of you may have noticed, Wellness is becoming a hot topic at Sephora. @LexBT and I are all about supplements, self-care, and staying hydrated so you can imagine how excited we were to test out Moon Juice’s newest Supplement: Moon Juice SuperYou® Daily Stress Management Refillable Supplement 60 capsules

Now we have heard amazing things about this supplement from co-workers, this product has a bit of a cult following here at Sephora and we’re starting to see why. SuperYou is a supplement only sold in the US (for now, fingers crossed for Canada!) that contains four adaptogens: Ashwagandha, Amla, Rhodiola and Shatavari. Click on the “Ingredients” tab on the product page to learn more about the effects. Overall, we are hoping to manage stress both physically and mentally, increase alertness and to balance hormones.

We have each been taking SuperYou for about ten days and are already starting to notice the effects. We will be sharing our thoughts in this thread for the next few weeks. If you have any questions, ask away!

Is anyone else taking SuperYou? Share your experience in this thread!

Re: The Wellness Diaries: SuperYou

I'm impressed that this supplement doesn't use silica as a filler.  I just don't see why that is ever used in supplements, as it doesn't have any nutritional benefit, and can set off allergies and asthma.  

I'm looking forward to the day when someone makes a similar supplement with all the wonderful anti-inflammatory ingredients but without astragalus and ashwagandha or the other herbs that stimulate the immune system.  I know that's good for most people, but there is a growing number of people (a growing market!) who can't take those.

@MoonJuice  could you pretty please make that happen?

I actually saw this in store at Nordstrom and was pretty intrigued. I've been taking Ashwaghanda pretty consistently for about 2 months and I can definitely tell when I missed a day. I've been interested in taking Rhodiola too, since it's supposed to help with anxiety and fatigue. I'd never heard of Shatavari but it seems like a good addition 😉 I'm now torn between trying these or the HUM NUTRITION - Uber Energy™ Adaptogen Supplemen

RE: Re: The Wellness Diaries: SuperYou

@makeitup305 , Regarding the ashwaghanda, do you notice any difference in memory/focus? Where do you get it from? Thanks!

Re: RE: Re: The Wellness Diaries: SuperYou

@missxmas I haven't been tracking memory/focus too much but I guess you could say I'm more focused because I feel less run down? I buy mine at Sprouts but it's available from multiple retailers online- it's the Himalaya brand. I chose that one because you only have to take one a day versus some of the other ones I looked at.

RE: Re: RE: Re: The Wellness Diaries: SuperYou

Nice!!! Yeah I read about recent scientific research that has demonstrated the effectiveness of it on focus, memory, mind health. Awesome to hear it really helps with energy!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Wellness Diaries: SuperYou

@missxmas I think it helps that I drink it before my coffee in the morning and so it balances out my crash around 2. 

@makeitup305 oh interesting to hear that you can tell when you miss it! I'm trying to be good about noting everything I'm feeling so I can share here, but would love to hear more about your experiences!

@LexBT It's usually midday that I notice that I feel more tired or maybe annoyed with my day and if I think back on it a few times it's been that I missed taking it that morning. Of course, ideally you'd conduct a double blind experiment to make sure it's not just a placebo effect but as so far I feel like it's helped my stress and fatigue. I'm definitely wanting to try Rhodiola and Schizandra to see if I can notice a difference too. I might pick up a bottle of the Moon Juice to see how it works for me.

I'm cautious about posting much about them, but I actually buy a lot of supplements through Sephora, especially some that turned out to be higher quality / more effective than ones I was getting from more conventional sources. 

This thread has made me super curious about how the SuperYou compares to some of the other adaptogen/ashwagandha supplements Sephora carries. The Moon Juice ingredient list is a little different from the "usual" stress-support recipe, and their tweaks makes sense, so I wonder if it will be even more effective for some of us.

@fieldsofclover which ones have you tried? I'm definitely interested in your opinion since I don't have much experience with vitamins past B -12 for C.

@makeitup305 

Spoiler

@fieldsofclover the Uber Energy is one of the only Hum supplements I haven’t tried. I do the Hum sub. The green Superfood powder is my HG along with Here comes the sun and the daily vitamin. My worry with the Energy one is the jitters. I have anxiety and anything stimulant based sets me off. Do you find it to be like a gradual thing based on regularly taking it or is it like those ones at vitamin stores where you feel jacked?

Thanks @fieldsofclover! I really appreciate it. I had looked at the Uber Energy before after @gonerogue mentioned it in another post. I've also been interested in Rhodiola ever since I read it helps with energy and anxiety. I've tried Melotonin before but it gives me really intense trippy dreams so that one I might pass. Do you usually buy them on Sephora? I looked at the Hum website and apparently if you buy 3 you get 25% off. I might pick them up from there since there's also referral codes and $10 off your first purchase. I was interested in the Moon Juice because of the Amla and Schizandra but I'm not sure if those 2 ingredients are worth double the price almost.

@makeitup305 Now that I'm mostly buying the same three things I might start getting them direct... the good discounts are attached to a subscription plan and I was hesitant to get into something like that at first. I stockpiled a bit during the 20% sales so that helped. And hey, Sephora points 🤷

And again for the lurkers... these are all my own experiences, everyone's situation is different so do what's best for you personally, don't buy something without educating yourself just because some weirdo on an internet forum recommended it, check in with your medical professional, etc. etc.

@fieldsofclover haha that's true. I'm going to try it out and see, I think. If I do see a substantial enough difference with the vitamins it might be worth it since buying the main ones I'm interested in separately would definitely be more expensive. I might try the Schizandra separately you know, for possible good time funzies 😉

@makeitup305 I probably will too 😂

I've noticed that the US has a good selection of supplement and wellness products. When will Canada have the same selection @KatieBT? It makes it hard for us to participate in these threads when the products aren't available to us. Thank you!

Hi Veronika! We are currently working on getting SuperYou registered in Canada, so definitely be on the lookout in 2019 🙂

Wonderful! I can’t wait @MoonJuice@KatieBT ! I already use the Beauty Shroom serum and I love it! Thanks again @MoonJuice@KatieBT for sending me a bottle of this serum, I’m almost finished with that bottle and I already have another one just waiting to be opened! You’ve made me a lifelong convert! 😊

Yay! That is great news @MoonJuice!!! Thank you!  @GG84 ^^^^

That’s great news!

81 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • SuperYou_1.jpg
testing