cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The October Favorites Thread!

BrendaBT October Favorite Products.jpg

Happy pumpkin spice and spooky season! As October has come to an end, it is time to share our monthly favorites. This is a thread to share any hair, skincare, fragrance, and/or makeup products you have been loving most lately – plus maybe some  tips and tricks on how to use these products. We would love all your recommendations, including holy-grails that you keep coming back to, or new finds that you can’t seem to stop reaching for.

Here are my monthly favorites:

SK-II - GenOptics Aura Essence Serum

Dr. Barbara Sturm Calming Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

Kaja Cheeky Stamp Blendable Blush 06 Flirty

PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Omi 107

Re: The October Favorites Thread!

October was all about skin and hair care. The changing weather along with less time to style my hair everyday meant focusing on maintenance. 

Im a big fan of Oribe’s dry shampoo. Whenever I use this I don’t use perfume because the scent is perfect! And it gives my hair the perfect amount of volume. 

I’m also a big fan of the DDG peel pads. A great way to remove dead skin cells without using overly harsh and abrasive exfoliators.

Josie Maran SPF, Sephora hair ties and Jo Malone fragrance were also key staple items.

9A42EB13-5B9A-41BB-8EA8-5A21403D7095.jpeg#

SkincareSkincare

MakeupMakeup

Skincare- love the drunk elephant moisturizer, new finds kate Somerville exfolikate treatment and peptide serum. The good molecules serums have been in my rotation for about 3-4 weeks. Working on brightening and fading dark spots. The McFadden md eye serum is great for brightening. 

Makeup- love the Laura Mercier mascara, just tried the Elf primer and 👍. Rediscovered the bareminerals mineral veil and forgot how great it is. The nars dolce vita balm is a nice moisturizing color but doesn’t last to long. The sephora eyeliner is a great  Budget friendly option that performs great. 

I love, love the BareMinerals Serum Concealer. It's lightweight and gives good coverage. You can also use it as a foundation. I've used it as a foundation and it gives a natural, luminous look to the skin. <333

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Carli Bybel Eyeshadow PaletteSTILA - Stay All Day Foundation + ConcealerBENEFIT COSMETICS - The Cheekleaders Cheek PaletteFarmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mLGlow Recipe Avocado Fine Line Eye Cream with Retinol 0.5 oz/ 15 mLCAUDALIE - Vinosource SOS Deep Hydration Moisturizermy October favorites 💖

I have tried a new primer that is making such a difference in how my makeup is holding up. It is SMASHBOX - Photo Finish Oil & Shine Control Primer

I never thought that my skin was that oily but Smashbox direct has a feature that one can speak with a makeup artist. I asked for advice because I was feeling that possibly my skin was changing due to changing most of my skincare routine. This product is non drying and even slightly moisturizing. 

Also let me repeat that Sephora has the most amazing perk. With a $75.00 in store purchase you can get a FREE Hydra Facial that normally goes for between $150.00 - $200.00 in a spa. My BA has started me on a great routine and my skin has never looked better.

I have oily skin and am always looking for a great primer to keep me matte throughout the day. I have added this primer to my Loves List to try out. <333

I'm going to put this foundation on the list because I've been wearing it since I bought it and I really do like it.  I have oily skin, so maybe that's why this foundation works well for me.  I wear it without a primer because a lot of primers break me out and it stays on all day.  Don't cake it on!  a light veil has medium coverage just like I prefer. I love the brush that it comes with.  I wish they sold that separately, as well.

KEVYN AUCOIN - Foundation Balm - Medium EF 07

I hesitate to add something to a favourites pile after using the gwp size sample, but the 2 weeks of use of this product in October and my skin was in heaven.  I'm thinking I need to purchase the full-size.

SK-II Anti-Aging Facial Treatment Essence 5.4 oz/ 160 mL

Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

amika Polished Perfection Straightening Brush 2.0 Smooth Operator Set

The brush- love it. Not for perfectionist straightening achieved with a flat iron, but for those who want control and composition in 5 minutes or less. (Note: I do not have curly hair)

@l8totheparty the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mLis sooo good.  I just bought a backup.  Actually it's a backup to my backup.  Did I need multiples?  No.  But, uh, my makeup removal situation feels a little more secure now :).

@l8tothepartyLove that essence 🙂

Okay I had to try hard to keep it to october faves only - I did a big trip to Sephora this weekend and am trying a bunch of samples out for sets I am now planning to buy. will share more on that next month.. Anyway, here are my top 3:

I started using tarte Maracuja C-Brighter™ Eye Treatment 0.35 oz/ 10 mL before bed and it is sooooo luxurious going on. Even after I work out, shower, and wash my face in the morning, I can still feel a difference in how my concealer is going on.

I don't know why I've never tried these, but I picked up an Urban Decay 24/7 Waterline Eye Pencil Legend in the "lucky" shade which is a super pretty bronze-y color that adds a bit of light around my brown eyes and is easy enough for day looks and really elevate an evening look. I also recommended it to my friend and she is now obsessed too!

Tried and true - KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Ultra Facial Cream back in rotation after running out of Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL and then OLEHENRIKSEN - Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer. I really need to start a google doc to track all of this..

Let's start with the fact that it's November and I can't believe it! 

In months past I've shared my love for Olaplex shampoo and conditioner. This month I've been using Briogeo Superfoods Banana + Coconut Nourishing Shampoo + Conditioner Duo for Dry Hair and I've gotten into it!

I've been pairing it with Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and I have to say, that Moroccan oil is So Good. Not to mention, it smells amazing. 

In the skincare realm, I grabbed a bottle of MARIO BADESCU - Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater for spray breaks. I know not everyone is into rose scents but I like it. And the mini hydration boost isn't too bad either 😉 

Heart these faves @BrendaBT!! Loving Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL as well. My skin feels so hydrated in the morning after a night of letting this soak in. 🙂 

My October faves are: 

The Tatcha C Violet Radiance Mask is one of my favorite masks. Vitamin C is so good for your skin and I love the fun purple shade. <333

I'm another one loving the Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 😛 I ran out of it this month and pretty much ran out to buy another one.

My other faves this month:
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 4W4 Hazel
Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra Longwear Concealer 2N

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Carli Bybel Eyeshadow Palette

PAT McGRATH LABS LUST: Lip Gloss Sunset Rose

The standout is the Carli Bybel palette, which I didn't even intend to buy, but when I saw it in stores I had to have it. No regrets! I've used it every day since and I absolutely adore it.

This is a great list! The DE Lala Whipped Moisturizer has easily become one of my favorite moisturizers. <333

A couple of new favorites for October!

Spoiler

The Creme Shop and Eve Lom we’re both TJ Maxx finds and I love them! I’ve nevertried Eve Lom before and this essence is a great introduction. It smells slightly of sunscreen, which is odd, but really soothes my dry skin. My skin feels instantly awake after using and other products soak in wonderfully afterward.

Which, leads us to this amazing $7 serum from Creme Shop. Seriously, this is pretty much the serum from their sheet mask! I’ve already used half the bottle and I’m on the hunt for other bottles. It quenches all the angry, red, skin around my mouth and sootheswhile moisturizing. Love it so much!

Honorary mention to this Sephora Collection eyeliner (gratis) from April. It’s still going strong and I’ve been using almost every day for an easy eye definition. 

E170A5B6-BDB2-4946-ACA1-CF049D640E53.jpeg

My familiar loves in heavy rotation in October were BITE BEAUTY - Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Persimmon and Cayenne. I stocked up on Cayenne during the sale. I'm guessing BITE is phasing out this formula? If so, hope the new one is just as good!

The cooling weather also means I've been wearing some old fragrance favourites that are too heavy for the summer

• Papillon's Anubis
  • Kerosene's Broken Theories
  • Mona di Orio's Oudh Osmanthus
  • Kilian's Musk Oud

I've also been getting into LUSH because of its recyclable packaging or total lack of packaging.

• Charity Pot is really amazing. It feels greasy at first but after it sinks in, my skin is soooo soft, like nothing I've ever really tried which is kind of blowing my mind. The grease factor means I only apply it at night.
  • H'suan Wen Hua is a hair mask you rinse out and it's been making my hair feel stronger/shinier. I also tried a leave-in called R&B and I find HWH works better and doesn't smell as strong.
  • Angels on Bare Skin. This is probably one of their most famous products. It's a bit expensive to rely on as a regular body wash but it feels really great and leaves your skin feeling clean and moisturized without being greasy. I was hesitant to use it on my face as one of the ingredients is almond meal, but it leaves my facial skin feeling bouncy and soft too. I wouldn't recommend it for removing heavy dirt or makeup though. In that case it's probably better as a follow up double-cleanse. Interesting fact: AOBS is based on an old Medieval recipe!

Also, I seem to have lost the ability to tag products 😞

I can’t believe that its already the October favourites! I feel like I just posted my September loves. I’ve been rotating in some of my winter staples, as the weather was SO weird last month, so my favourites are partially old loved and partially new to me products ☺️

Spoiler

Old Loves

• Guerlain Meteorites Priming Perfecting Pearls
  • FAB ultra repair lip therapy
  • FAB ultra repair hydrating serum
  • Guerlain Mon Guerlain Eau de Parfum
  • Herbivore Emerald Oil
  • Fresh Rose Hydration Mask
  • Fenty Killawatt Highlighter - Lightening Dust/Fire Crystal
  • Nars Powermatte Pigment - American Woman
  • Smashbox Always On Matte - been using Maneater and Vino Noir for more festive looks
  • Sephora Collection Lipstories - 10 Yum Yum
  • Caudalie Anti-Dark Spot Serum

New to Me

• Caudalie Beauty Elixir
  • Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Serum
  • Christophe Robin Cleansing and Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt
  • Sephora Collection Scalp Massager
  • Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream
  • 7 Virtues Vanilla Woods
  • Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme
  • Huda Beauty Power Bullet Matte lipstick

Such great faves @cianni. Love CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Anti Dark Spot Serum and LANEIGE - Water Bank Moisture Cream. Intrigued by Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme Hydrating Lip Plumper Original Clear - I used to be obsessed with lip plumpers when I was younger ... maybe it's time for a revisit. 😄

Conversation Stats
Photos14
  • BrendaBT October Favorite Products.jpg
  • Midnight Sun and Nocturnal Nirvana sure seem like they belong together after all.
  • 2 new loves and 1 old flame.
  • Halloween calls for my Watership Down t-shirt (reflected in mirror).
  • I’m still in love with this palette.
  • Clear cap is from ByAlegory (it’s their Bite replacement cap).
  • 2 of my favorite eyeshadow brushes.
  • 707D2949-F2FC-47E9-BD95-33420702D185.jpeg
  • The Z-6 is also a bit thicker than the MACs.
  • 10.2019 Favorites.jpg
  • E170A5B6-BDB2-4946-ACA1-CF049D640E53.jpeg
  • Makeup
  • Skincare
  • 9A42EB13-5B9A-41BB-8EA8-5A21403D7095.jpeg
testing