cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The October Favorites Thread!

BrendaBT October Favorite Products.jpg

Happy pumpkin spice and spooky season! As October has come to an end, it is time to share our monthly favorites. This is a thread to share any hair, skincare, fragrance, and/or makeup products you have been loving most lately – plus maybe some  tips and tricks on how to use these products. We would love all your recommendations, including holy-grails that you keep coming back to, or new finds that you can’t seem to stop reaching for.

Here are my monthly favorites:

SK-II - GenOptics Aura Essence Serum

Dr. Barbara Sturm Calming Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

Kaja Cheeky Stamp Blendable Blush 06 Flirty

PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Omi 107

Re: The October Favorites Thread!

Love the monthly favorites thread @BrendaBT!! These beauties were my faves from October.

10.2019 Favorites.jpg

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Matte Velvet Skin Blurring Powder Foundation was a new find and new favorite for October. I discovered this powder after tragedy struck my powder foundation while on a work trip – the compact falling to the bathroom floor still plays out in slow-mo in my head. Lol. But I wouldn’t have learned about this lovely if it hadn’t been for that mishap. Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel came in handy on the plane as an in-flight mask to keep my face, elbows and hands moisturized. BELIF - The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb is a go-to for me in the fall/winter months; I plan to pick up the BELIF - Moisture Miracle Set soon. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray gives my hair the oomph it needs; I keep a travel size in my desk drawer at work and in my travel bag.  GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY - Power Fabric Concealer was the only concealer I reached for last month – it works so well with the MUFE powder foundation or by itself on days when I’m too tired/lazy to put in a lot of effort – covers my blemishes and PIH marks. There were many weekends last month when it was just the GA concealer and the Rouge Dior Baume Lip Treatment - 740 Escapade, a nourishing balm that leaves a nice color, glow and shine to my lips.

@itsfi I love Oribe dry texturizing spray.  It's so good and smells great.

I don’t know if I’ve used a product from the brand that hasn’t smelled amazing @SportyGirly125! 🥰 Love Oribe.

My faves:

FARMACY - Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask - I don't know why but it's so satisfying to feel the sticky honey texture turn into a rich moisturizer cream as you rub it in, and my skin feels so soft after!

FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Diamond Bomb II All Over Diamond Veil- The finish is subtle enough, until you step into the light and turn into a dazzling pinky-gold masterpiece. Pairs especially well with a good self-tan... 😉 I don't care if winter is coming!

The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL - I've been wanting to try Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL for awhile, but realized I already had a pretty close "dupe" in my own existing stash! I won't lie - it burns... but usually only if I get caught up watching TV and accidentally leave it on for too long! 😁

Anyone have any game-changing pore refining products I should try? I need to build this Holiday Bonus basket...

Love the Farmacy Honey Potion 🍯 and the DE Babyfacial! ♥️ Such amazing products @AlexBT

I love the monthly favorites threads! Anyway, I have phases when I love black, liquid winged eyeliner as opposed to a more natural, brown pencil eyeliner look, and I'm currently back to loving liquid eyeliner. My personal favorite has always been MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Magic Marc'er Precision Pen Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner which I've been using for years and have gone through at least five of these. 

Also, KOH GEN DO - Cleansing Spa Water Makeup Remover is pricey, but so good. I need to stock up during the Rouge sale. I'm currently really feeling PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Flesh 3 109 in Flesh 5. And Glossier's mango balm has the type of fragrance that reminds me of being a teenager. I like it on lips or on dry, chapped hands. There's currently a Glossier popup shop in my city for a few months, and I'll probably be there a few more times before it disappears...

707D2949-F2FC-47E9-BD95-33420702D185.jpeg

I love PMG MatteTrance Lipsticks. My favorite shade is Flesh 3. <333

@txcatx Ooooh I'm a ride or die liquid liner girl but still hunting for my Sephora fave... I'll have to try the Marc Jacobs one!

@BrendaBT @My only favorites for the month are sleep and 

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original

Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Pure Luxury Lift & Firm Hydra-Gel Eye Patches 30 pairs - 60 patches

REN CLEAN SKINCARE - AHA Smart Renewal Body Serum

CAUDALIE - Beauty Elixir

Love that Laneige lip mask! I'm back to using it nightly since the temperatures in my area have plummeted (we had snow this week) and my lips have been suffering because of it. 

Great favorites @SportyGirly125! 💕 I placed an order for that REN body serum based on your rec and the raves of others here on BIC. Looking forward to giving it a try! 🤩

@itsfi I hope you like it as much as I do.  I need to make another purchase.

I have several new-to-me favorites this month, and a few existing faves. 

Skincare: 

2 new loves and 1 old flame.2 new loves and 1 old flame.
Details:
Spoiler
Makeup: 

Halloween calls for my Watership Down t-shirt (reflected in mirror).Halloween calls for my Watership Down t-shirt (reflected in mirror).I’m still in love with this palette.I’m still in love with this palette.
PAT MCGRATH LABS - Blitz Astral Quad Eyeshadow Palette - Nocturnal Nirvana and PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun: I’ve used both a lot this month. They work great together, but I also love using the quad alone or with a matte (like the PMG Dark Matter Pigment). I won’t travel with a full size Mothership, but I might travel with a quad. 

Clear cap is from ByAlegory (it’s their Bite replacement cap).Clear cap is from ByAlegory (it’s their Bite replacement cap).
ColourPop Creme Lux in shade 27: One of my favorite lipstick shades by any brand. I wore it a lot this summer and still find myself frequently reaching for it now. 

Tools: 

2 of my favorite eyeshadow brushes.2 of my favorite eyeshadow brushes.
I have many favorite brushes, but this month I’ve especially loved my Sonia G Crease One and Chikuhodo Z-6. The Z-6 is a brow brush made of fairly stiff raccoon hair, but I use it as a liner brush: it’s perfect for stamping on color. The Crease One is always great for both the inner and outer corners, as well as defining a crease. It can also smoke the bottom lash line. 

Those brushes are so beautiful @WinglessOne! 😍 Adding that ColourPop lippie to my list. 💖

I'm going to look into the Chikuhodo Z-6, @WinglessOne.  It sounds great as a liner brush.

@curlychiquita  It looks slightly intimidating at first because it’s bigger than most angled liners. But its size and shape end up working nicely for wings. Here’s a quick comparison with my MAC 22 angled liner and 208 small angled liner. 

The Z-6 is also a bit thicker than the MACs.The Z-6 is also a bit thicker than the MACs.

@WinglessOne, this is great, thank you!

Ohhhhh those Pat shadows look sooo pretty, I wish I could swatch the picture lol 😍😍😍😍😍😍

@BrendaBT  I had fun swatching two of the PMG quads in-store. They’re stunning and everyone should get at least one. I mean, not that I’m heavily biased or anything... 🤣 

Speaking of swatches: I did these at home last night to show how well the Nocturnal Nirvana quad and Midnight Sun palette work together as a unified color story. The only thing missing is a cobalt or primary blue. From the top, the NN quad shades are the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 6th swatches. 

Midnight Sun and Nocturnal Nirvana sure seem like they belong together after all.Midnight Sun and Nocturnal Nirvana sure seem like they belong together after all.

@WinglessOne Your love list made me feel better. I just placed an order of 3 PMG quads and thinking “I spent too much” No eye rolling 🙄 pls 🤪😂🤣 

@blackkitty2014 🤣 You’ll get no judgment from me! The quads are fantastic, especially if you’re already a fan of Pat’s astral, VR, and blitz formulas. Prepare to get your sparkle on! 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos14
  • BrendaBT October Favorite Products.jpg
  • Midnight Sun and Nocturnal Nirvana sure seem like they belong together after all.
  • 2 new loves and 1 old flame.
  • Halloween calls for my Watership Down t-shirt (reflected in mirror).
  • I’m still in love with this palette.
  • Clear cap is from ByAlegory (it’s their Bite replacement cap).
  • 2 of my favorite eyeshadow brushes.
  • 707D2949-F2FC-47E9-BD95-33420702D185.jpeg
  • The Z-6 is also a bit thicker than the MACs.
  • 10.2019 Favorites.jpg
  • E170A5B6-BDB2-4946-ACA1-CF049D640E53.jpeg
  • Makeup
  • Skincare
  • 9A42EB13-5B9A-41BB-8EA8-5A21403D7095.jpeg
testing