Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Trending Now
|

The November Favorites Thread!

GeorginaBT November Favorites.jpg

December is coming up soon, BIC. Now that it’s the end of the month, you know what time it is: time to share our monthly favorites! Can you believe we’re about to head into the last month of the decade? Gotta make these last couple monthly favorites lists count. The Beauty Insider Community wants to know all the hair, body, skincare, fragrance, and makeup products you’ve been obsessed with in the month of November, from holy grails to newfound treasures.

Here are my November favorites:

What products were your November faves? Products you’ve been loving from your Holiday Bonus haul, maybe? Smiley Wink Remember to show and tell!

Re: The November Favorites Thread!

Nice favorites @curlychiquita! TF Cafe Rose is such a great scent; I like how the combination of the rose scent with the spicier notes.

Kinda boring in November for me, but this past month I’ve enjoyed using TOO FACED - Gingerbread Extra Spicy Eyeshadow Palette, IT COSMETICS - Lash Blowout Mascara, and URBAN DECAY - Vice Lipstick in Manic. Extra Spicy has been a fun palette to play with and put together looks each day, Lash Blowout is just a nice, dependable mascara and I love finding those, and Manic is the perfect nude red if that makes sense??? It’s red but subtle, and it pairs really well with Extra Spicy. 

@alexasteph Manic is a gorgeous shade.

C576A51C-29A5-40D4-B0B5-AE8343361D67.jpegFavorite Makeup Products- Love the Elf primer that I got in my Allure box, finally found something that lees my makeup from creasing around my nose. Works great with BM mineral veil. The Charlotte Tilbury was purchased with the $100 reward and I love it as an eyeliner! I’ve used it as eyeshadow too and it’s beautiful! The LM was from the play box and I love how it lengthens and defines without it getting clumpy. The Becca is a long time fav great for those days you are a tired momma.

A6C344AB-EC17-4505-8569-EE1FDE6BCF4E.jpegSkincare- I’m working on sticking with a routine and seeing if I get results with consistent use of products. The eye cream was an Ipsy box pick and it s great in the am for a bright eye. The good molecules serums are new and I’ve been using about 6 week once a day in am. Definitely gives a boost of hydration and brightening which I love. The dr Dennis gross eye serum was from the kit. I thought it was such a good deal to get over products to try along with the full size. The Kate Somerville is amazing! Skin is bright smooth and clear, never irritates or stings. Use am/pm. I love that it has a pump so I can apply to cotton round or directly in palm of my hand.

My November favorites are:

URBAN DECAY - Stay Naked Weightless Foundation

HERBIVORE - Emerald Hemp Seed Deep Moisture Glow Oil

- OPI Infinite Shine in Nessie Plays Hide & Sea-k

I am not usually a fan of face palettes because I feel like there is always a dud. I decided to give the newest 'Charlotte Tilbury Instant look face and eye palette' a chance and I am so glad I did. Everything is top notch and up to par with her full sized items. It will be perfect for travel.

(I can't find the product on the Sephora website, but I think I saw it in store!)

I had some family hardships recently and had to spend a lot of time at urgent care, emergency rooms, hospital rooms for the past 3 weeks. I could not have cared less about how I looked, but made a minimal effort to look like I had it together to my SO. My two products of choice were the Benefit Brow gel, which is IMO the best brow gel there is and an old favorite the Cle de Peau concealer. 

BENEFIT COSMETICS - 24-HR Brow Setter Shaping & Setting Gel

Sorry to hear it's been tough @Cyncynn I hope things have improved.

@Cyncynn Very sorry to hear it’s been a rough few months. Hoping that your family members are on the mend. Thanks for sharing these items that have worked well! I might use my holiday coupon for that CT palette! I’m not sure I’ll really pare down my travel makeup, but seems like it might help with that! 💕💕💕

Wow wow wow, crazy to think we are doing November Favorites

This month has been all about fragrance. I love cozy, masculine, smoky, rich scents and I really lean in when the weather calls for them. I snagged the Pinrose scents at TJ Maxx and they were both on Clearance ($16 each if i remember correctly) and they are both great. The Gilded Fox is much more chocolate/carmel and Secret Genius is much more vanilla - on me at least. MAISON MARGIELA - ’REPLICA’ By The Fireplace is a classic for this time of year and my partner's favorite for me to wear. 

On the makeup front I've been loving my new tinted moisturizer NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30. I finished up the Laura Mercier TM last month and bought this one on a whim without sampling (really probably not a great move) but I thankfully love it. It's much more pigmented than the LM so it took some adjusting on my part. I literally use a pea size amount for my entire face so this should last me a while. I also love the packaging and flip top opening. FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizerin Fu$$y has been in my desk drawer and my daily lip. It is very moisturizing and the very slight tint is just perfect for every day wear.

IMG_0376.jpgyes, the slight diagonal in this pic is driving me crazy, too

That NARS tinted moisturizer is so under-rated. It’s an HG for me and its so flattering! 

Also can’t believe it’s December! @scott1201 

Fu$$y has been my go to gloss lately @scott1201, it’s so pretty!

@scott1201 I love the Nars TM! I’ve been using it for 7 years now. I also used the Laura Mercier TM until I discovered Nars. I’m glad you like it too!

Fu$$y gives such a nice tint @scott1201. I love the MM candle in that scent, especially this time of the year! 💗

Lots of makeup favorites this November, plus a favorite lip care combo. 

32D7A307-40FA-4DB9-AD66-D3F101D240AF.jpegNovember 2019 favorites: makeup

Details: 

Spoiler
I’ve used this so much, I’m tempted to buy a backup because I’ll probably pan at least 2 shades (Brilliant Nude and Lucid Glow). I can layer 2 or more of these shades atop one another, or layer one over any other blush. This quad and the 2019 LE Lunar New Year blush (Vivid Flush) are the only Hourglass blushes that have worked well on my skin tone. 

NARS - Blush - Torrid
I bought the NARS - Mini Blush + Balm Set specifically for this mini Torrid blush, for travel purposes. (At home, I usually use the Torrid pan that’s inside a NARS blush palette.) Torrid’s shimmery on its own, but it makes a beautiful soft warm coral base for the Hourglass blushes. Along with Outlaw, Torrid excels where Orgasm fails on my skin tone. 

Chantecaille Luster Glide Silk Eye Liner
These are the metallic shades Amethyst and Black Forest. They’re the smoothest gliding eyeliner pencils I’ve ever used—and I’ve used many by various brands since the 1980s. Now that I’ve tried Chantecaille eyeliners, I’ll definitely get more shades. 

I resisted buying this shade for months but finally caved in November. It’s a gorgeous rusty red on me. PMG’s description of “blooded crimson” is accurate. Yes, it transfers a lot like many other MatteTrances, but that doesn’t bug me since the color doesn’t wear off my lips. 

LAURA MERCIER - Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 - Oil Free & LAURA MERCIER - Tinted Moisturizer Natural Skin Perfector Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Now that my forehead’s quite blotchy (thanks to retinol + vitamin C + niacinamide + AHA/BHA gradually lifting the wide band of hyperpigmentation there), I use skin tints more often than usual to blur some of the skin tone lines. These are both shade 5W1 Tan and I can’t decide which formula I prefer. 

I bought this after trying a Living Luminizer foil. One shade is quite sparkly; the other 3 shades aren’t glittery at all. Sometimes I use them solo. I also love using them as a dewy glowy base for powder highlighters and the next item on my list. 

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
I find myself using this more often lately to brighten the center of my face. (I never use concealer for that.) I hadn't used this palette in a few months. The new Ghost quad made me revisit these powders, and I’ve fallen back in love with them. They give me the “my natural skin tone but brighter” effect I like. 

239BE43D-7728-42E4-867A-E9470FE2C04C.jpegHourglass, RMS, and the adorably tiny NARS mini.

I quit using this years ago for some reason, but recently bought a new one to try again. It works so well for me, I can sometimes skip concealer and just pop a little Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder over it. Other times—mornings when I try to mask extreme lack of sleep—it provides an almost primer-like base for concealer.

804E1163-5C57-4A4F-9D11-4B19C3274836.jpegNovember 2019 favorites: lip care

Details: 

Spoiler
Glossier Bubblewrap
I use this only as a lip serum. It has a lotion texture that’s not moisturizing enough on its own, but as a serum base layer it boosts my lips’ hydration. Bubblewrap has no added fragrance, so it smells kinda funky. But I can’t smell it after application. In the morning I apply Bubblewrap, let it sink in, tap a little water on my lips, and then immediately apply my usual lip balm (Aquaphor Ointment). I usually add a top layer of Supergoop Acai Fusion SPF balm. At night, I repeat Bubblewrap + water and then add the next item on my list. 

LANEIGE - Lip Sleeping Mask
I’m sure I’ve listed this as a monthly favorite before. Smiley Very Happy I used to apply this at night over lip balm (Aquaphor or Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy balm). But now I slather it directly over Bubblewrap at night. My lips are in love with this combo. I’d repeat it during the day if Lip Sleeping Mask wasn’t too slippery a base for lipstick. 

Beautiful favorites @WinglessOne! Those Chantecaille eyeliners sound great. 💗

Thanks @itsfi ! 

Did you use the LAURA MERCIER - Tinted Moisturizer Natural Skin Perfector Broad Spectrum SPF 30in the old packaging? Do you know if they changed the formula? 

Also, I'm with yah on the Hourglass. I purchased the Ghost palette and it reminded me how much I love those powders. @WinglessOne 

@scott1201 Yep, the LM formula has changed. Once upon a time, I tried the old formula of this tinted moisturizer, back when the shade range was ridiculously limited. It hurt my feelings, mostly because there was no shade good match for me. I like the reformulated version better, plus there’s a shade that works great for me now. I like this even more than my old favorite (and no longer available stateside), MUFE Ultra HD Perfector. 

I can’t use the NARS tinted moisturizer. Not only can I not find a good shade match (shades in my skin tone range are either too yellow-toned or too dark for me), I have a bad reaction to the formula. The NARS moisturizer’s also been reformulated, but both the old and current versions give my face an itchy rash. Smiley Sad 

@GeorginaBT Thanks for sharing! I’m obsessed with that Laneige sleeping mask. The oil unfortunately I used a sample of and my skin broke out so bad like it hasn’t in years so I think I might be allergic to it! 

My faves:

PEACE OUT - Acne Healing Dots I’ve travelled so much over the last six weeks plus had a reaction to the above mentioned oil, I’ve been wearing these for different spots constantly every night. 

FRESH - Seaberry Exfoliating Soap This reminds me so much of a soap from Lush but I’m allergic to that one! This is great for budding away dull winter skin. 

LANEIGE - Lip Sleeping Mask Love how this gives me baby soft lips!

80 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos10
  • GeorginaBT November Favorites.jpg
  • IMG_E1994.JPG
  • B35B300E-7C59-4122-AB66-57AB03E189F2.jpeg
  • F3328C43-4F68-49CC-83EB-B754DCFFCF82.jpeg
  • November 2019 favorites: makeup
  • November 2019 favorites: lip care
  • Hourglass, RMS, and the adorably tiny NARS mini.
  • yes, the slight diagonal in this pic is driving me crazy, too
  • Skincare- I’m working on sticking with a routine and seeing if I get results with consistent use of products. The eye cream was an Ipsy box pick and it s great in the am for a bright eye. The good molecules serums are new and I’ve been using about 6 week once a day in am. Definitely gives a boost of hydration and brightening which I love. The dr Dennis gross eye serum was from the kit. I thought it was such a good deal to get over products to try along with the full size. The Kate Somerville is amazing! Skin is bright smooth and clear, never irritates or stings. Use am/pm. I love that it has a pump so I can apply to cotton round or directly in palm of my hand.
  • Favorite Makeup Products- Love the Elf primer that I got in my Allure box, finally found something that lees my makeup from creasing around my nose. Works great with BM mineral veil. The Charlotte Tilbury was purchased with the $100 reward and I love it as an eyeliner! I’ve used it as eyeshadow too and it’s beautiful! The LM was from the play box and I love how it lengthens and defines without it getting clumpy. The Becca is a long time fav great for those days you are a tired momma.