cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The May Favorites Thread 2019!

May_Favorites.jpg

Can you all believe it’s already time for another monthly favorites thread?! It feels like just yesterday we were sharing our April must-haves. We love learning about the products other beauty lovers have been enjoying to most each month and we’re so excited to see which hair, skincare, fragrance, and makeup products you used the most during the month of May. As always, whether the products are new, a faithful holy-grail, or maybe just a favorite you rediscovered, we are here for it and want to know about it!

I’ll get the party started. Here are my May favorites:

Which products were your May faves? Show & tell!

Tags:

Re: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

@eshoe So many great products!

Best,
Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT!

That is great to hear about the Wander mascara @eshoe! It’s the one I’m planning on opening next😊

I was scared to open it because I saw good reviews from other BIC’ers @faeriegirl so my expectations were high. But it was one of those first application ‘oh-wow’ products. That doesn’t happen to me very often!

Anonymous Insider

RE: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

I’m loving the new Tarte babassu foundcealer, the Anastasia Beverly Hills lip gloss, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Rivera palette, the Fenty Beauty Moroccan spice palette, the Fenty beauty Filt’r Instant Retouch concealer, the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow wiz, the benefit cheekleaders palette, the Sephora collection face masks, the tatcha luminous dewy skin sheet mask, the Sephora cleansing and exfoliating wipes especially the coconut one, and last but not least the smashbox photo finish primer. I’m really loving this month’s favs! Can’t wait to discover more favorites.

Re: RE: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

@Anonymous, the Sephora coconut cleansing wipes are wonderful, and they smell so good! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: RE: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

I know right! They are delightful!

I have been loving the DIOR - BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation. It has been lasting so well on my oily skin through out the day. 

I have also been loving on my Urban Decay Born To Run Eyeshadow Palette 21 x 0.02 oz/ 0.80 g. I took this palette with me to Europe last year and pulled it out of hibernation this week and I have been loving the shades in this palette. 

I also wore the Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon Eye Shadow Pencil Champagne Diamonds. They are creamy and pigmented and I wore Champagne Diamonds in my inner corner and inner eyelid.

I also have been loving the Herbivore Blue Tansy BHA and Enzyme Pore Refining Mask 2 oz/ 60 mL I have textured skin and this leaves my skin so smooth and clean feeling. This is a heavy duty mask. HEAVY DUTY! And I LOVE IT! 

Last but not least, I have been loving the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream 8.1 oz/ 240 mLThis is something I love on every month. This stuff just makes me happy. The smell, the texture, the shape and the color of the packaging. Who doesn't love mustard yellow?!? 

Anyways, these are my faves for the month of May! Can't believe the month is almost over?!?!? It's practically 2020 already! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@JaneanBT Born to Run is such an awesome palette and I would literally slather myself from head to toe in Bum Bum cream 4 x a day if it were a practical and affordable option!  I wish Sol de Janeiro would make a candle!!!  💗

Love every one of your favorites here @JaneanBT! Every one.

I love love love yellow mustard color! @JaneanBT  I have been so into that color since the holidays for some reason. 🙂 I only have 2 things in that color and must get more later on.

@Buootiful I've been the exact same!! All yellow everything haha. I think it reminds me of sunshine or sunflowers? Idk yellow is supposed to be a color of happiness and optimism and I think everyone could always use more of that ❤🌻☀️ its also the solar plexus chakra if you're into that kinda stuff, which boosts confidence@

@JaneanBT Do you find that the Herbivore mask provides better/different results than other similar products?  The DE Babyfacial comes to mind or even the DDG peel pads.  I've wondered about it but haven't heard anyone really talk about it in comparison to other masks.

great choices @JaneanBT love Sol de janeiro

great choices @JaneanBT love Sol de janeiro

Some new and rediscovered favourites for this month! Because the weather is warming up, I've been using lighter moisturizers again. My skin has been absolutely loving FIRST AID BEAUTY - Ultra Repair BarriAIR CreamAnd Farmacy Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

For haircare, I've been trying to use up some DS and have discovered a new love (courtesy of the SF festival faves kit), the amika Un.Done Volume and Matte Texture Spray 5.3 oz / 192 mLOmg this stuff really gives my hair so much volume without weight or crunchiness! It helps to control oil too, but definitely isn't a dry shampoo.

Not the most spring fragrance but I've rediscovered my love for Mugler Alien Eau de Parfum 2 oz/ 60 mL

And have been reaching for it this month.

Makeup was the usual suspects for this month, especially as I feel the pressure for my pan project heading into the second half of the year (also what?! 2019 literally just started???). That being said, I was super lucky to be chosen for the TF gratis, and have been playing with the Too Faced Damn Girl! 24-Hour Mascara 0.43 oz/ 12.7 mLSince I recieved it and definitely will continue to in the next couple of months! I've also rediscovered my love for the Benefit Cosmetics Benetint Liquid Lip Blush & Cheek Tint BenetintAnd have been living for the natural flush it gives me. It wouldn't be a favourites list for me if I didn't bring up fenty! The Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Afternoon Snack/Mo' Hunnynin afternoon snac/mo'hunny has been helping me glow into space this month!

Last but certainly not least, something I was so happy to see on sale is the HIGHLY underrated/never talked about SMASHBOX - Always On Liquid Eyeliner

I don't know if there were too many liner releases this year (BTS liner, roller liner, Fenty fly liner etc) that this one got totally buried but my God is it long lasting and so intensely colored! 

Ahhhh, so ggod to see you on here!! @cianni I too use the Smashbox liquid eyeliner but only when I want a quickie mascara look. It doesnt smudge and is a good MEBB (my eyelashes but better, lol) when I'm rushing 🙂 It's less messy while waiting at the stoplight 🙂

I have the Benefit cheek tint as a favorite but didnt pull the trigger yet because of reviews saying it's drying on the lips. Has it been drying for you?

Omg MEBB I love that!!!! @Buootiful 😂❤ I honestly dont use the benetint on my lips that often, which defeats the purpose, I know. I do the same with the Milk Lip+Cheek, I never wear it on my lips! I dont find that the benetint is drying on my lips necessarily but i find the color is so short lived on my lips that it isn't worth it on the lips. But soooooo good on the cheeks!

You are a blush girl at heart @cianni 😍 but that sucks the lip color doesnt last long or act like a stain at least. I might still get it but I would definitely need a gwp or point incentive 🙂

@Buootiful I think I got mine in one of those 500 pt boxes. I actually live those things haha the value is usually really good and they're not hard to find in stock. I treat them like my own mini sub box because I dont have any, but i grab an interesting brand or a box that has some new products I wanna play with! You could get away with a mini for this product for sure. My bottle is 5ml or something and I'm barely 1/4 through and I use it fairly often 

@cianni @Buootiful I was on the hunt for a lip stain prior to my wedding and tried this Benetint and yep, not good for a lip stain. But I didn't consider the other purpose. Hahaha, like I need to think about a new blush but that's great that it performs well as one. Tip for my memory. Thanks!

@ShortErica LOL I dont think I've ever actually used a multi use product for more than one product😂 I usually just dab a couple drops on the apples of my cheeks and blend across with a sponge for a natural flush. Definitely do one cheek at a time unless you wanna end up like my first attempt, where the spots had started to dry before I could blend them and you could obviously see the red splotches 🙄

339 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos27
  • May_Favorites.jpg
  • may 2019 faves
  • FDBD9AD3-1234-4E1D-9B4F-E3F45A778760.jpeg
  • D9E4B617-C39B-4CFC-8B9C-72BB18D690E0.jpeg
  • 20190525_162328.jpg
  • May favorites, part 1.
  • L: pressed Dark Matter shadow (from a palette). R: Dark Matter pigment (from Dark Star kit).
  • May favorites, part 2.
  • mayfaves.jpg
  • Mayfaves.jpg
  • 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190531161349921.jpg
  • 8B703FED-F9D9-4DF6-A158-DB20A10B6D02.jpeg
  • @glowrecipe
  • May Favorites
testing