cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The May Favorites Thread 2019!

May_Favorites.jpg

Can you all believe it’s already time for another monthly favorites thread?! It feels like just yesterday we were sharing our April must-haves. We love learning about the products other beauty lovers have been enjoying to most each month and we’re so excited to see which hair, skincare, fragrance, and makeup products you used the most during the month of May. As always, whether the products are new, a faithful holy-grail, or maybe just a favorite you rediscovered, we are here for it and want to know about it!

I’ll get the party started. Here are my May favorites:

Which products were your May faves? Show & tell!

Tags:

Re: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

@itsfi, I love it for day and night.  It's much thicker in consistency than their other essences.  Some people pat it on, but I hate the stickiness from doing that and prefer massaging it on instead.

love seeing your favorites! @angelKiss24

love seeing your favorites! @angelKiss24

Re: love seeing your favorites! @angelKiss24

Thank you @lmaster!

IMG_4742.JPG

May has been the month of minis for me! I have always wanted to try the Fenty Beauty highlighters but I never hit pan on highlighters, lol. My favorites have been:

FIRST AID BEAUTY - Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer

Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent

VOLITION BEAUTY - Oil-Control Mattifying Mist

tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara Black

FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Bomb Baby Mini Lip and Face Set

MILK MAKEUP - Sunshine Skin Tint SPF 30

@greenbean13 Hourglass Veil is incredible!💗

That Fenty set is gorgeous @greenbean13! One of my favorites! ❤️

@greenbean13  I love your assortment of minis. I got the Fenty mini duo as well, and really enjoy it. 

I used to think, “Minis aren’t a good value. I’ll get the full-size instead.” But, like you, I realized I never hit pan on highlighters, and rarely do I finish a gloss or lipstick. Minis are a good value for us 😁

image1 (1).jpeg

Lancôme Rénergie Lift Multi-Action Firming and Lifting Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

Lancôme Advanced Génifique Radiance Boosting Face Serum 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

AMOREPACIFIC - Moisture Bound Skin Energy Hydration Mist

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original

LANEIGE - BB Cushion Pore Blur

SHISEIDO - WASO: Hydrating Gel Beauty Sleeping Mask

SHISEIDO - WASO: Gentle Cleanser

GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer

PETER THOMAS ROTH - Green Releaf Therapeutic Sleep Cream

SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40

Origins Hello Calm™ Relaxing & Hydrating Face Mask with Hemp Seed Oil 2.5 oz/ 75 mL

MARIO BADESCU - Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea Mini

JO MALONE LONDON - Orange Blossom Cologne

Drybar Detox Clear Invisible Dry Shampoo 3.5 oz/ 100 g

Avène Thermal Spring Water - Soothing moister mask

Fenty - Poutsicle in Tropic Tantrum

MAC - Viva Glam I 

NATIVE - Body Wash in Cucumber & Mint

Philosophy - Pure Grace Desert Summer

Phyto Joba - Moisturizing Shampoo

Ulta - Hydrating Glitter Peel-off mask Strawberries & Champagne

That Supergoop Unseen is a great SPF @Weetart! 🙂

love hello calm @Weetart great bunch of favorites

love hello calm @Weetart great bunch of favorites

@Weetart How does the Philosophy Pure Grace Desert Summer smell? I really like some of the other Grace “spin offs” but I haven’t seen that one! 

RE: Re: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

@alexasteph Oh I love it! I purchased it at Ulta, came with a small bottle of body emulsion with same scent. Um, it has a real light floral scent. Not overwhelming at all, really delicate. I’m pretty sure I smell a touch of jasmine. But honestly I just can’t place it. The bottle has a cactus on it so I bet that is part of the formula. I think it’s this years summer scent. I hope they keep this one around I’ve been using it every evening when I get ready for bed. Really lovely!

#

After years of questing, I think I have finally found ~the one~ when it comes to eyebrow definer. I’ve tried all the big names (Anastasia, Benefit, Dior, etc.), all the formulas (dry, cream, gel, pommade, etc.), and formats (gel brush, eyebrow brush, pencil, etc.) and this one is not only a May favourite, but it has also won the permanent spot in my daily routine: 

9ADFEB60-0730-449E-A69A-A18D13879E28.jpeg

tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse Medium Brown

It’s a perfect match to my brow colour and has turned my morning brow routine into a no-stress, two-minute piece of cake. The formula works so well with my brows, and the brush it came with is superb. 

@PinkEvergreen that's awesome. Does it come in a few shades? I know Tarte can sometimes be limited with shade range. What would be others near the top for you?

@ShortErica  Yes, it does. It comes in fewer shades than Anastasia usually offers with brow products, but it’s decent nonetheless. 

Others that were near the top for me were:

Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Tinted Volumizing Eyebrow Gel 4

DIOR - Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil

I really like the Dior precision pencil in particular. It would have been my permanent choice if it hadn’t been for the fact that I use it up so quickly. The Tarte brow mousse, on the other hand, will probably last me two years, if not more. 

@PinkEvergreen I've only used the Ulta brow tint. I had a sample of the Anatasia brow wiz but it broke so I really didn't get to test it. It's interesting you mentioned the Gimme Brow. That's the one I always consider but haven't tried yet.

@PinkEvergreen  Oh wow, this is one of the brow products I have never tried...and I’ve tried a lot! 

@PrettyPaint  I would say I tried 30+ brow products. There were some good ones in there, but there was always something about each one that didn’t work 100% for my brow situation. Plus, I had the prerequisite that a good product needed to take no longer than 5 minutes for application to achieve a great brow. (I’m sure I’m not the only one that has been sucked down the 10-minute brow hole in the morning...)

This one does everything I want, and so quickly. I’m glad I never gave up on the quest 😂

So glad it works so well for you. I think I’ll add it to my cart for next time I make a purchase. I definitely couldn’t deal with a product that took 10 minutes. @PinkEvergreen 

@PinkEvergreen Oh my gosh you just reminded me I used to LOVE this brow product!  I’m happy you’ve found your IT brow product.   

May FavoritesMay Favorites

Spoiler
14 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos27
  • May_Favorites.jpg
  • may 2019 faves
  • FDBD9AD3-1234-4E1D-9B4F-E3F45A778760.jpeg
  • D9E4B617-C39B-4CFC-8B9C-72BB18D690E0.jpeg
  • 20190525_162328.jpg
  • May favorites, part 1.
  • L: pressed Dark Matter shadow (from a palette). R: Dark Matter pigment (from Dark Star kit).
  • May favorites, part 2.
  • mayfaves.jpg
  • Mayfaves.jpg
  • 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190531161349921.jpg
  • 8B703FED-F9D9-4DF6-A158-DB20A10B6D02.jpeg
  • @glowrecipe
  • May Favorites
testing