cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The May Favorites Thread 2019!

May_Favorites.jpg

Can you all believe itโ€™s already time for another monthly favorites thread?! It feels like just yesterday we were sharing our April must-haves. We love learning about the products other beauty lovers have been enjoying to most each month and weโ€™re so excited to see which hair, skincare, fragrance, and makeup products you used the most during the month of May. As always, whether the products are new, a faithful holy-grail, or maybe just a favorite you rediscovered, we are here for it and want to know about it!

Iโ€™ll get the party started. Here are my May favorites:

Which products were your May faves? Show & tell!

Tags:

Re: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

Yup, I just squished that thing right now and it felt so good! I need that pillow made ๐Ÿ™‚

Such a cute Glow Recipe set, @Buootiful ... I'm very tempted. I smelled GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer in store the other day and added it to my list, but I'll definitely look into these products too! 

MMmm, I do love the smell ๐Ÿ™‚ @GeorginaBT If you had to pick between the mask and the mist, I would get the mist. It wouldl be a complete "set" with the moisturizer. You gotta get it  for that ๐Ÿคฃ. I know Im being a bad enabler ๐Ÿ™‚

That glow recipe set looks great @Buootiful!

IKR? I love that it comes with a scooper too. ๐Ÿ™‚ @faeriegirl 

The May Favorites Thread 2019!

Really tempted by the Becca palette, I have the Malika on...

Really tempted by the Becca palette, I have the Malika one, is the Khloe one much different?

My standout products for May include some old favorites.  

Maybelline instant age rewind concealer- Iโ€™ve been using this on a bare face and only covering up dark circles and blemishes and leaving my skin bare everywhere else.  I love the thin consistency and will never stop buying this one.  

Jill Stuart mascara - iโ€™m not convinced this is a tubing mascara but The closest thing I can think of to compare it to is a tubing mascara.  I do love that it creates perfectly curled lashes.  The shape it dries in is the shape it stays in.  It absolutely does not budge unless you use cleansing oil.  This is my fourth tube.  

Biore Aqua Rich watery essence - is spf 50 sunscreen that goes on and is undetectable.  

Jeffree Star rose powder-  okay letโ€™s talk.  I have never understood the hype behind the Laura Mercier powder, the MUFE HD powder...just any finishing powder, cause they all seem to make my face look dry and crepey.  THIS one though, makes me look gooooooood.  Itโ€™s sooooo finely milled and creates a beautiful blurred effect on the skin. Thereโ€™s no sheen but it doesnโ€™t matte your skin either. No crepeiness.... it doesnโ€™t cake or collect in fines lines... Maybe itโ€™s the rose tint in it that simply matches me better than any other powder but I love it!  This all in spite of me not being the biggest JS fan.  

Marc Jacobs all over foil luminizer- itโ€™s a white gold highlighter which exactly matches my skin tone which makes it the obvious first choice for when I want to do a quick makeup look.  It can go on foiled but also creates a beautiful natural sheen if youโ€™re not looking to blind any enemies.  

Becca mineral blush in flowerchild- a peach blush with a sheen like finish.  It blends like a dream.  I wish becca had of kept these and expanded the line.  

V&R dancing roses-  haha, by all rights this bottle should have a bigger dent in it but iโ€™m not  complaining.  Itโ€™s my adult rose scent.  Itโ€™s not overpowering and just smells like fresh roses but maybe sweeter.  LOL, but itโ€™s not a sweet scent.  Yeah this is why I stay outta the fragrance threads. I canโ€™t describe a scent for the life of me.  ๐Ÿ˜‚8B703FED-F9D9-4DF6-A158-DB20A10B6D02.jpeg

Omg Hearts, please donโ€™t tempt me to cross over to the dark side with J* !!!  Seriously, every person I know who has tried that powder and his concealer LOVES them.   So conflicted!!!!

I also ๐Ÿ’— Age Rewind!!!  And I need the Marc Jacobs Foil Luminizer!!!!

@heartsmyface 

@Tamara76 Iโ€™m sorry!  ๐Ÿ˜ฉ. I didnโ€™t mean to love it!  

Ha, iโ€™ve Infiltrated Voldemortโ€™s legion!  There are no cookies but they do have nice makeup! 

Ughhhhhhh then I guess I'll be checking out the powder and concealer when the Morphe store opens in my city soon - don't worry, I'll take my own cookies! ๐Ÿ˜‰   @heartsmyface 

That Maybelline Age Rewind concealer is so good @heartsmyface! โค๏ธ

Lots of winners here @heartsmyface ! I have heard a million raves about the watery essence but never tried it, my fave is Shiseido Anessa. I am fair like you and keen to try that MJ giant mega highlighter thing and the Becca blush. They look beautiful. And I know what you mean about finishing powders. They are really really hard to get right.

@heartsmyface 100% agree with you on JS Rose Powder. I rarely rarely mention his cosmetics because not a huge fan of him as a person and donโ€™t want to start a whole thing. Because of the powder, I ordered his concealer. I canโ€™t wait to try it. 

@GG84. I completely understand!  I almost didnโ€™t post it in fear of backlash but it truly is a favorite this month.  I donโ€™t like the man but I like the product.  The only reason I even ordered the products in the first place was I couldnโ€™t resist the sailor moon- like packaging and Iโ€™m glad I did!  The concealer I didnโ€™t like at first but Iโ€™m getting used to it.  Itโ€™s like a thinner version of shape tape but with higher coverage.  It has a powdery finish so not good for no makeup looks but it has its place:). I canโ€™t wait to hear what you think of it. 

@heartsmyface  @GG84  Have you guys tried any of his eyeshadow palettes? I ask because I got Thirsty recently and itโ€™s such a unique formula too, like much the rest of his products. Iโ€™m really enjoying it... but also didnโ€™t want to start a thing by mentioning it ๐Ÿ˜‰

dancing roses?? @heartsmyface that's calling my name

dancing roses?? @heartsmyface that's calling my name

Re: dancing roses?? @heartsmyface that's calling my name

@lmaster ugh their entire Magic line of fragrances is divine!  I highly recommend Dancing Roses if youโ€™re a rose lover.  Itโ€™s a fresh delicate sweet floral (I believe i need a crash course in fragrance descriptives and you need a sample;))

Oooh, didnt know they had other ones besides the bomb ones. Ive been looking for Rose perfumes ever since I got  a sample of Aerin's Rose de Grasse.

@Buootiful Oh my gosh have you tried Aerin Lilac Path????  Itโ€™s my absolute favorite scent!   Aerin Rose de Grasse you say?  Iโ€™m on day two of a no buy but am putting that one on my list. Aerin scents are just so smooth pure (again I have no idea what Iโ€™m talking about). Everything I try from her is just beautiful!  

You made me gasp! @heartsmyface  I must smell that right away. Yeah, haha the best description Ican do is compare it to something else and say it smells better ๐Ÿคฃ. Rose de Grasse is a pure rose scent so your descriptions are just fine ๐Ÿ™‚

And this one got me into Rose perfumes immediately. When before I was like eh, its just rose. I wanted to buy it when they had the GWp earlier in the year when I was already trying a low buy. Fortunately, it was already OOS. Im waiting for those big buy in gwp's at the department stores. ๐Ÿ™‚

Conversation Stats
Photos27
  • May_Favorites.jpg
  • may 2019 faves
  • FDBD9AD3-1234-4E1D-9B4F-E3F45A778760.jpeg
  • D9E4B617-C39B-4CFC-8B9C-72BB18D690E0.jpeg
  • 20190525_162328.jpg
  • May favorites, part 1.
  • L: pressed Dark Matter shadow (from a palette). R: Dark Matter pigment (from Dark Star kit).
  • May favorites, part 2.
  • mayfaves.jpg
  • Mayfaves.jpg
  • 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190531161349921.jpg
  • 8B703FED-F9D9-4DF6-A158-DB20A10B6D02.jpeg
  • @glowrecipe
  • May Favorites
testing