cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The May Favorites Thread 2019!

May_Favorites.jpg

Can you all believe it’s already time for another monthly favorites thread?! It feels like just yesterday we were sharing our April must-haves. We love learning about the products other beauty lovers have been enjoying to most each month and we’re so excited to see which hair, skincare, fragrance, and makeup products you used the most during the month of May. As always, whether the products are new, a faithful holy-grail, or maybe just a favorite you rediscovered, we are here for it and want to know about it!

I’ll get the party started. Here are my May favorites:

Which products were your May faves? Show & tell!

Tags:

Re: dancing roses?? @heartsmyface that's calling my name

It does sound great @lmaster❤️🌹

@faeriegirl wish I could have roses and lilacs everywhere 😍

Me too @lmaster!❤️

Re: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

A couple of favorites that got a lot of use this month:

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190531161349921.jpg

For skincare, I've loved the FIRST AID BEAUTY - Facial Radiance Pads

as a light exfoliator. I use them about 3 nights a week and am really liking them. Also, the CosRx Ultra Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask. This mask is so great for helping my skin hold in moisture plus the benefits of honey. I wake up with my skin feeling bright and refreshed every morning after use. 

For makeup, I love the Elizavecca Milky Piggy BB Cream (and not just because it has an adorable pig on it!). This is a great light-medium coverage BB for oily skin and is my go-to once the weather turns hot. It doesn't wear heavy at all and blends so well into my skin. The WANDER BEAUTY - Mile High Club Mascara

has been a nice addition as well. It gives nice length and stays put, so no smudging in the heat and humidity. I'd love a little more volume, but for regular daily wear, this is great. For a light swath of color I've been enjoying the NARS Afterglow Lip Balm Orgasm

and the URBAN DECAY - Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush

in Score. It's the perfect light peach for springtime! 

@quspork FAB Radiance Pads are sooooo good!!!!💗

Beautiful favorites @quspork! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ My list just got longer ...

The packaging on the BB cream is so cute @quspork!❤️🐖

@quspork I love all your piggy products you find!!

@quspork I love all your piggy products you find!!

@quspork @Those exfoliating pads are the only thing I can get my hubs to use caus ehe hates all things goopy.  They’ve helped clear his skin so much! 

Love those FAB pads and the Wander Mascara @quspork. Finding a mascara that doesn’t flake is important to contact wearers!

So true, @eshoe. I love that I can just swipe this one on and go without worrying about it flaking or smudging later on. 

How on earth is it June tomorrow?! This is mind-boggling! Anyways you know I was using a LOT of product in May so here are my faves for the month.. 

AQUIS - Lisse Luxe Hair Turban and the Aquis Lisse Luxe Hair Towel Cloudy Berry are two products I always forget to talk about! I use these everyday and they serious help tame my frizz and cut down on drying time. If you're trying to reduce blow-dry time or simply want to let your hair dry naturally these are great! I shower at night and will often use the turban and then lay the towel on my pillow.. I know this can be controversial but I refuse to blowdry my hair on a regular basis as I torture it enough with my HG Drybar The Wrap Party Styling Wand 🙂  I also used this styling wand a lot this month along with the Drybar Hot Toddy Heat Protectant Mist 4.6 oz/ 130 g which I need in full-sized and travel sized. THIS STUFF IS GOLD! I love a heat protector that can simply be applied to dry hair before styling and isn't greasy. Most heat protectors require you to apply it to damp hair and blowdry and I try to let my hair airdry if I'm styling with 400 degrees of heat!

I was all about that Biossance life in May! My skin just loves their products, they're EWG-verified (so very clean), vegan (Yes! Plant-based squalane and retinol), and incredibly effective. I loved the Biossance Squalane + Phyto-Retinol Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and use a bit at night before applying my BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizerwhich is very soothing, moisturizing, and plays well with my makeup. Any other Biossance fans here? 

As far as makeup, I am also loving the Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL

and started using the TARTE - babassu foundcealer™ skincare foundation SPF 20 along with the  tarte Foundcealer Foundation Brush. This foundation is definitely medium coverage but you can build it up or add concealer if you want to cover up specific spots. I also have been using the PAT MCGRATH LABS - Eye Ecstasy™ Eyeshadow & Mascara Kit almost every day. It's great for work looks, glam looks and is my new favorite travel buddy ❤️  For an in-depth review on this PMG eye kit and a few of the products below, which I also happen to love, check out this post: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/NEWNESS-ALERT-Rouge-Preview-First-Look-Starting-3-18/m-p/4606263

My list is long so I'm going to add the rest of my favorites to a bulleted list. I'm also loving...

And that's all folks! I'm sure I left a few of my daily favorites out so I'll comment again with anything I missed. 

@KatieBT  The Briogeo duo is incredible!  And Aquis just sent me one of their turbans - I cannot wait to use it!!!!!!💗

Love so many of your favorites for the month @KatieBT! IGK shampoo and conditioner, Briogeo mask, Tarte foundation.... I've been meaning to pick up the Tarte brush; may have to pick up the Drybar Hot Toddy at the same time. 😉

@itsfi I love the tarte brush... It's so cute and works very well! If you end up picking up Hot Toddy let me know what you think of it!

@KatieBT   I’m 100% with you on the IGK Hot Girls hydrating shampoo and conditioner. I always take it on holidays with me when we’re going to be in the water and sun a lot. It keeps my hair so soft and frizz-free so that I barely need to do anything to it and can just cut loose and have fun ☀️ 

Woah, thats a ton of stuff to enjoy everyday! 🙂  @KatieBT I too love Biossance and if I hadnt gone crazy last year with skincare hoarding, I would have gotten the whole skincare line during the Rouge Sale.

The deluxe sizes I was gifted during the Beverly hills event lasted for 2 months with continued use!  The Phyto Retinol and Probiotic moisturizer go so well together and never had an issue of dryness with the retinol. Once I have used up my other skincare, I will get more Biossance. For now, I will resume with my stash 🙂

tons of awesome products! @KatieBT

tons of awesome products! @KatieBT

@KatieBT  Biossance won me over for life with their Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel. It’s my daily morning eye cream. And Aquis (especially the waffle textured ones) are the only towels that ever touch my hair if I can help it. 🙂

Love that stuff @WinglessOne

Great favorites @KatieBT! I love the aquis hair turbans, the PMG eye ecstasy kit, and the Living Proof detox shampoo too😊

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos27
  • May_Favorites.jpg
  • may 2019 faves
  • FDBD9AD3-1234-4E1D-9B4F-E3F45A778760.jpeg
  • D9E4B617-C39B-4CFC-8B9C-72BB18D690E0.jpeg
  • 20190525_162328.jpg
  • May favorites, part 1.
  • L: pressed Dark Matter shadow (from a palette). R: Dark Matter pigment (from Dark Star kit).
  • May favorites, part 2.
  • mayfaves.jpg
  • Mayfaves.jpg
  • 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190531161349921.jpg
  • 8B703FED-F9D9-4DF6-A158-DB20A10B6D02.jpeg
  • @glowrecipe
  • May Favorites
testing