cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The May Favorites Thread 2019!

May_Favorites.jpg

Can you all believe it’s already time for another monthly favorites thread?! It feels like just yesterday we were sharing our April must-haves. We love learning about the products other beauty lovers have been enjoying to most each month and we’re so excited to see which hair, skincare, fragrance, and makeup products you used the most during the month of May. As always, whether the products are new, a faithful holy-grail, or maybe just a favorite you rediscovered, we are here for it and want to know about it!

I’ll get the party started. Here are my May favorites:

Which products were your May faves? Show & tell!

Tags:

Re: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

@jen143xo for the Laneige lip balm they all have a tint to it except the pear one. Just a heads up. 

RE: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

I really wanna try summer Friday.. they never go on sale 🙄

@skincarebys they had a mini version of jet lag

@skincarebys they had a mini version of jet lag

May favoritesFDBD9AD3-1234-4E1D-9B4F-E3F45A778760.jpeg

3 are from Volition I absolutely love the VOLITION BEAUTY - Strawberry-C Brightening Serum

VOLITION BEAUTY - Turmeric Brightening Polish

and VOLITION BEAUTY - Prismatic Luminizing Shield SPF 50.

The strawberry serum has replaced DE C-Firma and B-Hydra. The turmeric polish replaced OH walnut scrub and the luminizing shield replaced DE umbra. I am really impressed with Volition and love that it is a bit cheaper than DE. 

I love KOPARI - Coconut Deodorant

in gardenia. It is my favorite of the 3 Kopari deodorants I have. 

My new favorite face oil is Farmacy Honey Grail Ultra-Hydrating Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

It smells amazing and is so hydrating!

@faeriegirl I am loving Honey Grail, too!  I really like the Volition scrub, too, and I just picked up Strawberry C, but haven’t used it yet💗

@faeriegirl does the strawberry serum smell like real str...

@faeriegirl does the strawberry serum smell like real strawberries?? I've been eyeing this for awhile now!

Re: @faeriegirl does the strawberry serum smell like real str...

I wish it did @lmaster. It smells like cucumber. 

Re: @faeriegirl does the strawberry serum smell like real str...

Awwwww phooey! @faeriegirl well I may still try it anywho

@faeriegirl I just picked up the KOPARI - Coconut Deodorant

this this past weekend I'm excited to try it out so I'm glad you've been enjoying it 🙂 

It is fantastic @BrendaBT! I hope you like it too😊

@faeriegirl I’ve been trying to be good, but that Volition set...and it’s on sale🤔

@faeriegirl I’m really interested in trying the Strawberry-C Serum! I’ve been using Ole’s for a while and while I enjoy it I find I go through it fairly quickly... Were you using DE’s C-Firma and B-Hydra together as they suggest? I use B-Hydra with the A-Passioni and on it’s own, and I love it!! But you find the Strawberry-C works well enough to brighten and hydrate? 

@alexasteph Yes I used to mix 1 pump of C-Firma and 1 pump of B-Hydra. The Volition definitely feels like it is more hydrating so I started using the b-hydra at night with my a-passioni too. The only thing I don’t like is the smell I wish it smelled more like strawberry but it smells like cucumber. I do seem to be going through it faster since I’m not mixing it though.

@faeriegirl Cucumber? Interesting, cucumber isn’t mentioned in the description at all. I do like cucumber a lot though. It’s a little less than Ole’s for the same amount, so it definitely might be worth giving it a try! I’ll need to stock up on some skincare within the next month or so so I might just add that too! 

I've never tried Volition,  and Honey Grail is on my list of things to try! @faeriegirl 

i have quite a few favorites this month i feel particularly enthused about !! skincare & hair heavy 🙂

Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum 1 oz-- i adore using this in conjunction with PIXI retinol tonic (which i'll also picture here, you can get it at target) at night. i noticed a difference very quickly with pretty consistent use (every 10 days or so i take a couple days off from it), such as a reduction in fine lines as well as less congestion in my problem areas. both of these retinol products are entry level and gentle. i don't peel, but can feel a little sensitive overtime so i know when to take a day or two off.

REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Overnight Recovery Balm 1.02 oz/ 30 mL-- so soothing, particularly after the retinol regimen mentioned above. my skin can be breakout prone, but there's nothing in this my skin doesn't like, much to my relief. i repurchased my second tub of it this month, only to have my love for it reinforced.

SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40-- good god have i finally found a sunscreen that doesn't break me out ?! i have !! not for those who can't tolerate silicones, but it's brilliant. super thin, primer-like, no smell, not greasy.

OLAPLEX - No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme-- i've been growing out my hair since i joined these boards in 2014, and really haven't been getting my hair trimmed as i should (or ever, except for a little at-home maintenance). this stuff, though, i swear, makes my hair look like i HAVE been trimming my ends. i apply to damp hair as well as to dry hair as needed, and find my hair is far more manageable.

IGK Direct Flight Multi-Tasking Dry Shampoo 6.3 oz/ 307 mL-- i've never used a dry shampoo i felt lived up to its promises until i found this stuff about 5 weeks ago. it doesn't have the best reviews which blows my mind, because it's been a game changer for me. refreshes hair, smells A DREAM, gives a bit of lived in texture, while not drying out my dryish wavy/curly hair too much. if you need more cleansing you can always go up one to the 'first class' one; i love this brand has such options.

BITE BEAUTY - Agave+ Nighttime Lip Therapy-- i had the flu, it destroyed my lips, got this stuff in the sale, it saved my lips virtually overnight. i prefer it to the laneige. 

NARS - Sun Wash Diffusing Bronzer - Laguna-- (not pictured, whoops. there's always something i forget) i'm pale as can be and like it that way, but i like the dimension bronzer can give me, and i adore this formula. i use it as a proper bronzer and as an eyeshadow on easy days where i can't otherwise be bothered. i use it with a stiff flat top kabuki brush since the matte formula is a bit stiff compared to some other bronzers out there, but with this method i have no issues with getting enough product on my brush nor with blending.

SERGE LUTENS la fille de berlin -- simply, what i think is the most beautiful rose perfume of them all.

cheers !may 2019 favesmay 2019 faves

@jemly guess you answered my question... probably should...

@jemly guess you answered my question... probably should of read the entire post 😂😂 that sounds great!

Re: @jemly guess you answered my question... probably should...

@lmaster it's literally the only face sunscreen i've ever found that plays well with both skincare underneath and makeup on top. the thing i love most though is that it has NOT broken me out. creamier sunscreens have always given me noticeably clogged pores in areas i don't tend to break out (not necessarily red/irritated/inflamed pimples, but definitely could lead to that). i was a little nervous about the amount of silicone, but it's given me no issues whatsoever. i've been telling everyone i can about it !

Re: @jemly guess you answered my question... probably should...

@jemly I keep getting super oily,I'll have to give it a try for sure!

wow so many are loving the supergoop @jemly what do you l...

wow so many are loving the supergoop @jemly what do you love about it?

@jemly Thank you for sharing! I love nighttime lip masks so I'll have to try BITE BEAUTY - Agave+ Nighttime Lip Therapy 🙂 

Conversation Stats
Photos27
  • May_Favorites.jpg
  • may 2019 faves
  • FDBD9AD3-1234-4E1D-9B4F-E3F45A778760.jpeg
  • D9E4B617-C39B-4CFC-8B9C-72BB18D690E0.jpeg
  • 20190525_162328.jpg
  • May favorites, part 1.
  • L: pressed Dark Matter shadow (from a palette). R: Dark Matter pigment (from Dark Star kit).
  • May favorites, part 2.
  • mayfaves.jpg
  • Mayfaves.jpg
  • 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190531161349921.jpg
  • 8B703FED-F9D9-4DF6-A158-DB20A10B6D02.jpeg
  • @glowrecipe
  • May Favorites
testing