cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The May Favorites Thread 2019!

May_Favorites.jpg

Can you all believe it’s already time for another monthly favorites thread?! It feels like just yesterday we were sharing our April must-haves. We love learning about the products other beauty lovers have been enjoying to most each month and we’re so excited to see which hair, skincare, fragrance, and makeup products you used the most during the month of May. As always, whether the products are new, a faithful holy-grail, or maybe just a favorite you rediscovered, we are here for it and want to know about it!

I’ll get the party started. Here are my May favorites:

Which products were your May faves? Show & tell!

Tags:

Re: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

It probably wasn't funny at the time but I'm glad it is funny now @cianni. Hopefully you didn't have an important place to be when you first tried it. I will remember that. 🤣

You’re right, I haven’t heard much talk about the Smashbox eyeliner either. Good to know that it’s a good one! And on sale too! 😮 @cianni 

@Guessgal the first time I swatched it was on my lunch hour one day and I was impressed by the precision and how dark it was, but then totally forgot it was on my hand. When I got home and was taking my makeup off, it literally still looked fresh. No fading or feathering! Which shocked me because I'm forever washing my hands or putting on hand cream. even after 8 hours I still needed makeup remover to take it off. It performed similarly on my eye and I have pretty oily lids (although I do usually put a little concealer on and set it on my lids if I'm not wearing eyeshadow)

My May favorites include some new products that I didn't know that I needed in my life, but now I cannot live without!  The Herbivore Emerald oil and the Laura Mercier primer are now HG status for me for prepping my skin before makeup application (and are a dry skinned girl's dream). The Laura Mercier even blurs pores so now I don't have to use 2 different primers to prime my face. The Skinfix is fantastic for those that have irritated, sensitive, or is prone to eczema around the eyes. Finally a skincare product that helps out with under eye issues such as dark cirlces and not just dryness! Herbivore Emerald Hemp Seed Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

Foundation Primer, Main, color, NO COLOR

Image result for skinfix eye cream

Emerald Oil is sooooo good!   I just got that LM Primer, but haven’t tried it yet - good to know you 💗 it!  @niki172 

@Tamara76 that primer is soooo good especially if you have normal/dry skin and need a bit of blurring. It feels really nice too - not silicone-y at all. It feels more like a serum. I hope you like it :).

The Herbivore Emerald Oil is a nice one @niki172! Love LM primers too! That was the first primer I used years ago and I was kicking myself for not using it earlier. 🙂

@itsfi I feel like the LM primers aren't really known about/featured like some other primers. I wish I would have known about it sooner. I would have saved myself a lot of money :P.

Yes!! @niki172 LOVE that LM primer! I got a DS in the radiance version and as an oily t-zone gal, I definitely was wary but I've had great luck with all the primers in this line. They really do blur, even though they're not advertised as a blurring primer

@cianni you're absolutely right about them not being advertised as being blurring. When the LM counter manager started to put it on my face I stopped him and told him I needed a pore filler/blurring primer especially for my nose and a bit for my chin - he told me to trust him and man was he right!

Excited to share my favorites this month! I feel like I could go on forever, but I was able to narrow down my list to the products I reached for almost every day in May.

mayfaves.jpg

• MILK MAKEUP Holographic Stick Stardust: I never thought I would be into holographic highlighter for everyday use, but Supernova is so subtle and pretty on the cheekbones. I like it on the eyes when I'm going for a fun, fresh look! 
  • SEPHORA COLLECTION - 8 HR Mattifying Moisturizer Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF20: As someone with really oily skin, I can use all the help I can get to keep my face matte - this moisturizer sunscreen does the trick. Since I started using this before my primer and foundation, I find that I don't need to blot as much throughout the day.
  • LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original: New holy-grail that I discovered this month; I'm hooked, and am never going back. I love waking up with soft lips ready for whatever lip color I decide to use that day. I also feel like this has reduced fine lines on my lips, which I love. 
  • FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Bomb Baby Mini Lip and Face Set: I am probably the last person to try Fenty Beauty, but this set was a great way to introduce myself to the brand. I've been wearing Killawatt Highlighter in my inner corners and I love the color. More surprising, though, is my obsession with Gloss Bomb - I'm not usually a gloss person, but this one seems to complement all my go-to lipstick shades. I'm ready to commit to the full size when I run out! 
  • THE ORDINARY - Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5: This has been a favorite of mine for the past few months, but I felt the need to include it because I just bought another bottle! Love how affordable The Ordinary is, but more importantly I love how much this hyaluronic acid enhances my skincare routine. Applying this before my moisturizer has done great things for my skin, which I'm so thankful for. 

@GeorginaBT The Laneige Lip Mask is my go to every night!!!!💗

I really love that mini set.  I reealllly wanted Mean Money, but couldn't justify getting the duo because I have a dupe for Hu$tla Baby.  And it's just so friggin' cute!

@GeorginaBT,

Love the gloss bomb and the smell is amazing!

❤️ Melissa

@GeorginaBT 

That lipgloss feels so good on the lips. I hope they come out with another mini set including one of the new colors. I can't justify it since I already own the FS.

@GeorginaBT I keep meaning to try out the Fenty Gloss Bomb, I'm glad you're loving it!

oh I bet the fenty highlighter is beautiful @GeorginaBT

oh I bet the fenty highlighter is beautiful @GeorginaBT

@GeorginaBT That Fenty set is such a good value, I'm so happy you're loving it 🙂 

RE: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

My May faves 🌸

Re: RE: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

What's in the silver Sephora tube???  I must know!

Re: RE: The May Favorites Thread 2019!

@danielledanielle - They look like the Sephora Rouge Lacquers. They're basically like a hydrating, glossy lipstick/balm hybrid.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos27
  • May_Favorites.jpg
  • may 2019 faves
  • FDBD9AD3-1234-4E1D-9B4F-E3F45A778760.jpeg
  • D9E4B617-C39B-4CFC-8B9C-72BB18D690E0.jpeg
  • 20190525_162328.jpg
  • May favorites, part 1.
  • L: pressed Dark Matter shadow (from a palette). R: Dark Matter pigment (from Dark Star kit).
  • May favorites, part 2.
  • mayfaves.jpg
  • Mayfaves.jpg
  • 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190531161349921.jpg
  • 8B703FED-F9D9-4DF6-A158-DB20A10B6D02.jpeg
  • @glowrecipe
  • May Favorites
testing