Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The March Favorites Thread 2019

Happy Spring! I am happy we’re starting to see a little sunshine here in SF so we can bring out our bright makeup and flower prints. We loved learning about your February favorite products so we’re going to continue again for the month of March! This thread is a place for everyone to share and discuss the products they reached for the most in March and were most impressed by.

Here are my March Favorite products:

Which products were your March faves? Show & please tell!

Re: The March Favorites Thread 2019

Hmm, let’s see... 

Liners I’ve used most often this month.Liners I’ve used most often this month.

Spoiler

New-to-me skincare for March that actually works.New-to-me skincare for March that actually works.

Spoiler

My favorite brush for cream shadows.My favorite brush for cream shadows.

Spoiler

Perfumes I’ve used most often this month.Perfumes I’ve used most often this month.

Spoiler

@WinglessOne Love how adventurous you are with your eyeliner shades. <333

Thanks @PenelopeBT !

what a great idea pairing fragrances!! @WinglessOne

what a great idea pairing fragrances!! @WinglessOne

Re: what a great idea pairing fragrances!! @WinglessOne

Thanks @lmaster ! Normally I’d layer one perfume directly over another one, but I find these 2 work well in separate locations. I used to layer a fragrance over Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt, but now I can’t remember which one... it was a warm jasmine type of scent. Anyway, lots of fragrances work great as a pair. It’s fun to experiment with. 🙂

@WinglessOne The blue Marc Jacobs eyeliner is GORGEOUS! I'm sure it looks absolutely stunning on you. 

Thanks @tastelikewater ! Sometimes it looks blue violet on me, depending on the lighting. Still a great color, though! 

@WinglessOne Love all of those fun eyeliners!

Best,

Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT  and @LaurieBT ! While swatching those liners, I realized a running theme. 😄 I kinda have a thing for peacock colors on the eyes. All that’s missing from that bunch is a purple liner. 

@WinglessOne ,

This is giving me some serious inspiration for colorful spring eyeliner! ❤️

Best,

Laurie 

@WinglessOne, that Chikuhodo brush is gorgeous and what a beautiful pairing with the ND palette!! ❤️

Thanks @itsfi ! Most of the Chikuhodo Passion series brushes are made of sokoho goat, and they’re less expensive than other series. And the magenta handles make it harder to accidentally leave one of these brushes behind in a hotel or guest room during travel. 🙂

@WinglessOne  That biossance eye gel looks really nice! 

@PrettyPaint  The Biossance eye gel has replaced Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb in my AM routine, for now. (I don’t know why I can’t tag the eye gel; Sephora definitely sells it.) It moisturizes and firms up my crepey undereyes. Can’t say it’s doing much for my dark circles: haven’t used it long enough to report back on that, plus I think my DDG ferulic + retinol eye serum’s doing most of the lightening. I was using this eye gel over the DDG serum in the morning, but now I only use the serum at night. Eh, I might go back to using the serum in the AM too. Anyway, the Biossance eye gel is good stuff. 🙂

@WinglessOne  Thanks so much! I did like the belif eye bomb, but it wasn’t perfect for me. I tend to have problems with crepey undereyes as well, so that sounds great. Does it wear nicely under concealer? 

@PrettyPaint  It wears great under my NARS Radiant Creamy concealer. It won’t stop concealer from creasing/falling into lines, but it doesn’t cause any pilling or excessive slipping either. You can apply multiple layers of it to plump up your undereye skin a bit; I do that with all undereye moisturizers, including Belif Eye Bomb. 

The best thing for my crepey undereyes has been DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum. DDG doesn’t state the % of retinol, but it must be pretty low to be safe around the eyes. It’s not going to erase my lines, but it’s very gradually reducing the appearance of the shallower ones. (The only way to erase my lines is injectables.) But I use this serum more for its firming results, which have been fantastic so far. I’ve put this serum on my lids a few times and it temporarily firmed them up, too. 

@WinglessOne  I haven’t seen this product before, so thanks so much. I actually didn’t even realize you could apply retinol under the eyes. My main problem is that my eyes kind of have these dark hallows underneath that can’t completely be covered by concealer and corrector. The skin looks ok before I apply concealer, but once I do, I tend to see some creasing and lines. Not sure if prefer the dark circles or the lines. 🙂

@PrettyPaint  Your undereyes sound similar to mine: crepey skin, lines, and hollow/sunken tear toughs that cause dark circles. Concealer masks some of the darkness but can’t prevent shadows caused by hollowed skin. You can try the optical illusion of placing a tiny bit of concealer about 2 shades lighter than your skin tone right into the hollow of your skin. To avoid emphasizing my deeper lines, I often try to avoid applying concealer over my deeper lines, focusing it in my tear troughs instead. I don’t want dermal fillers for various reasons, but that’s really the only way to fix my undereye issues—and that’s not a permanent fix. 

Anyway... only certain products containing retinol are safe to use around the eyes. Something like Differin or Drunk Elephant A-Passioni, for instance, is definitely not safe for that area. DDG’s serum was made specifically for use around the eyes, but you can also use it anywhere else on your face. FAB recently released an eye cream that contains retinol, but I haven’t tried it. 

@WinglessOne  Thanks! That’s really helpful. I’ll have to give the ddg serum a try...perhaps during the sale. I have been using the DE retinol, but I definitely have been keeping it far from my eyes. 

I do kind of fear fillers would be my best fix, but I am not too sure I am willing to go that route. 

I love seeing everyone's favorites each month! I rotate through a lot of products, but here are the ones that I've been using everyday lately:

DRUNK ELEPHANT - A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream

TOM FORD Fiber Brow Gel 03 Chesnut

CHARLOTTE TILBURY - K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Lip Balm & Scrub

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 Original

JO MALONE LONDON - Oud & Bergamot Cologne Intense

I'm intrigued by the brush / bristles on that Tom Ford brow gel @curlychiquita! *adding to list for next month's sale...

18 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos8
  • IMG_6536.JPG
  • Liners I’ve used most often this month.
  • New-to-me skincare for March that actually works.
  • My favorite brush for cream shadows.
  • Perfumes I’ve used most often this month.
  • ACAB376D-599A-4BD6-BB86-C162592E7B2A.jpeg
  • mfavs.jpg
testing