cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The June Favorites Thread

Header.jpg

It’s the best time of the month, time to talk about our monthly favorites! We love hearing about Community members’ holygrails and we’re so excited to know which hair, skincare, fragrance, and/or makeup products you’ve been reaching for most in June. We are starting this thread for you all to share new treasures, trusted holygrails, rediscovered old loves … we want to know it all!

Here are my June favorites:

What products were your June faves? Show and please tell! 🙂 

RE: The June Favorites Thread

Catrice HD Liquid Foundation. This is the first drugstore foundation I’ve ever tried that could rival my more expensive favorites! A dime-sized amount has completely neutralized my rosacea, and it feels like my skin (one of its claims). This is me with no primer, concealer, powder, or setting spray.

Re: The June Favorites Thread

Finally had the time to gather all my June favorites to share with ya'll! 

FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Body Lava Body Luminizer - Who Needs Clothes?!

The Body Lava paired with the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Face & Body Kabuki Brush 160 Classicare a match made in glitter heaven for me this summer! The brush prevents me from using my fingers to distribute the product and making a mess and it also distributes the product very evenly.

Too Faced Tutti Frutti Blush Cocktail blushes- I owned one before they went on sale at Ulta and couldn't resist picking up more shades. When swirled together, I get a beautiful blush with enough shimmer to not have to use a highlight on top. 

OUAI - After Sun Body SootherA true skin savior this summer! I love the way this cools down my skin instantly and I am also here for a scent!

Kiehl's Since 1851 Calendula Serum-Infused Water Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mLOn top of smelling like delicious lemon flavored Oreos, it does a great job at hydrating my skin and getting it ready for foundation. The formula is very comparable to Tatcha's Water Cream but this one is about half the cost which is a win for me.

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 4 - MediumWhenever I use this under my foundation, I can always count on glowing, glass skin. This is a true staple in my routine and is now on my current HG product list!

IT COSMETICS - CC+ Cream Oil-Free Matte with SPF 40Keeps my oily skin matte all day all the while delivering some SPF and medium coverage on days when I am pressed for time.

FARSÁLI - Liquid Glass Radiance SerumI've said it before and I'll say it again, if you've got combo to oily skin, this is a product must. My makeup lasts all day, stays put, looks fresh and does not need touching up or blotting thanks to this oil. I use this as a primer before my foundation application, let it soak in and add a pore filling primer on my t zone for flawless makeup all day. This is yet another HG product that has made my list this year 🙂

IMG_6078.JPGThe perfect pair!The perfect pair!Fenty Body Lava glow!Fenty Body Lava glow!

Love it all, @gonerogue !!! ❤️

@gonerogue, I was looking at the Liquid Glass serum the last time I was in Sephora.  I just need to run out of a few things before I buy some.

@curlychiquita  I picked it up on a whim during the last sale just to see if it would do anything to my skin and was not expecting the results I got from it. When paired with a pore filling primer, it beats out every single primer I have ever used in terms of keeping my makeup on and looking good. Once you run out of some of your skincare, I suggest you give it a shot 🙂

@gonerogue Can you go into a little detail about the IT matte cc cream?  I've been thinking about this one and wanted to hear a review from someone I could trust.

@sprocketta  absolutely, friend! The consistency is pretty thick and goes on matte without accentuating dry patches so it’s also somewhat moisturizing. I apply it with a damp BB and get medium to full coverage (full if I do two layers). Paired with my current primer duo and setting spray, it lasts ALL day (I’m talking 15 hours or so) without fading or coming off if I touch my face. The only downside about mine is that I got the shade “light” which only matches me when I have self tanner on so I can only use it on days when I’m tan. If I picked up a lighter shade, I can see myself using this on a daily basis especially because of the spf it has in it. I have oily skin and this foundation stays matte on me all day long without the need for blotting.

@gonerogue Thank you for the review.  That was very helpful!

@gonerogue I am so interested in CT Flawless Filter... it sounds like a literal miracle product. Do you use it as a primer on it’s own or in addition to your primer?

@alexasteph  I use it under foundation but on top of primer so I would say I use it as a base highlight. I only apply a small amount to the apples of my cheeks because I have oily skin and don’t want to look too shiny, ya know? It really does give the an inner glow that lasts all day ❤️

Thanks for sharing your faves! My current fave is the BENEFIT COSMETICS - The Cheekleaders Cheek Palettein bronze! It's perfect for my summer (fake) glow. I love the hoola, as well as the darker hoola color for contouring & adding a bit of an extra dark "tan". A couple people in my office mentioned how I look like I've been in the sun lately! (even though it's been rainy for a while where I live).

Plus, I'm LIVING for the cookie highlighter! 

Also, the TARTE - Quench Lip Rescue Balm - Sea Collection - Buff is amazing for summer! It has peppermint in it, so it makes my lips feel cool & tingly! While giving me a really cute tint of color. 

I didn’t have a lot of favorites for June but these are my most standout products I’ve been reaching for non stop.  I’m almost out of the infant sunscreen and tarte opal lippy which I guess is a good thing.  DC95A16F-A125-4889-A84E-5E3CC7298E40.jpeg

@heartsmyface 

I love the mommy UV, I purchased it in Japan and was really sad when I ran out of it.

Love it all, Hearts! ❤️    @heartsmyface 

@heartsmyface  That sunscreen is such cute packaging.

@heartsmyface  Not ashamed to say I immediately googled that sunscreen after seeing your picture because omg. 😍 Is it as greasy as typical sunscreens (especially mineral sunscreens)? 

@WinglessOne   It’s not greasy at all.  It comes out as a thin cream and absorbs into your skin like water.  No white cast and no evidence that you put sunscreen on at all save for maybe feeling slightly more moisturized.  Here I’ve smeared it into my skin up to just below my knuckle.Here I’ve smeared it into my skin up to just below my knuckle.

Thanks @heartsmyface! In that case, I see a new sunscreen purchase in my very near future! 

@heartsmyface How cute is that sunscreen! I also recently found the Too Faced Sweetie Pie bronzer at my local winners, and I'm loving it! I love the pink in it. & of course, I love the scent! 

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • Header.jpg
  • Highlight, conceal, set.
  • WHY, MAC. WHY.
  • I’m surprised they both work so well for me!
  • A7E58926-EB94-4EE0-9874-E48CEB69B7EA.jpeg
  • June 2019 Favorites
  • june faves makeup 19.jpeg
  • june faves 19 body-hair-skin.jpeg
  • 2502CDB9-E136-48ED-AECB-0B0FD7FD6EF8.jpeg
  • IMG_20190630_134058934.jpg
  • IMG_20190630_133607677_HDR.jpg
  • 787CA825-3577-4B86-9DC1-19538602238F.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20190701-223650.png
  • 20190702_230840.jpg
  • D4B9F6D0-2B5C-49BA-9116-E453A344A885.jpeg
testing