cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The July Favorites Thread 2019

Image.jpeg

What time is it? SUMMERTIME! โ€˜Tis the season to break out the tanning drops, bronzer, and all the SPF we can get. Every month we like to hear what hair, skincare, fragrance, and/or makeup products Community members have been loving most. We are starting this thread for you all to discuss what youโ€™ve been reaching for most in July, so name any new treasures or holy grails that youโ€™d like to recommend to the Community.

Here are my July favorites:

What products were your July faves? Remember to show and tell! Heart

Re: The July Favorites Thread 2019

@Buootiful, Pacifica has a peach lip balm? Well, that just got added to the list! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ“

Hi @itsfi  unfortunately, its not what you think.๐Ÿ˜” Its just peach tinted and not flavored that way. 

Oh, that's a bummer @Buootiful

nivea has a bunch of fruity lip balms, I think they have a peach one

My July favorites revolve around, 1. travel friendliness, and, 2. summer proof makeup

IMG_9188.jpg

Spoiler
The 2 masks have been my go-to for angry after flight skin. The Caudalie is a very fast drying mask that helps shrink acnes while also calming my skin. The REN does exactly what it says - calms the skin. I leave the REN on for more than an hour (when i can) and just let it skin in. The texture is very soothing, too - so mousse-y. Laniege SAVES my lips after flights. I have dry lips anyway but this balm saves them when they are at their worst. Clinique acne solutions is self explanatory and i think shows up in my pictures each month - simply the best acne treatment. The Mount Lai and Biossance are new product loves for this month. I've been using the face tool every morning and, really honestly, see a difference in water retention / swelling under my eyes and in my cheeks. My face swells easily (may have something to do with my love of salty things and wine?) and this tool is a savior. I've been using the Biossance ~ every other night, concentrating most of the product on my cheeks and jawline. The results are really noticeable! My skin has never been so smooth, especially on my jaw. I have 3 of these trial sizes to go through and i'll probably purchase a full size afterward.

IMG_9189.jpg

Spoiler
Makeup loves for the month are pretty much my everyday face as of late. The Dr. Jart+ mixed with the BECCA Firstlight has been my easy go-to base. It covers any redness while still looking natural. I like that the Dr. Jart+ has SPF, too. Charlotte Tilbury contour and BECCA liquid highlight help add glowy dimension while still (you guessed it!) looking natural. I will add, though, i SUPER hate the CT packaging. It's so messy. However, it just blends so well i'm willing to deal with it. Lastly, the Lash Paradise really caught me off guard. I don't use much drugstore makeup but this mascara is amazing. Honestly reminds me of Too Faced BTS at, like, 1/3 the price. Plus, the packing is weighty which makes it feel special and luxe. 

Love your after flight skincare go toโ€™s, @scott1201! ๐Ÿ˜ I really need to put something like that together. I have pre-flight down for the most part, and some in-flight must haves, but havenโ€™t figured out my favorite post-flight fixes. 

I love my Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask so much that I use it during the day and even over matte lipsticks to keep my lips hydrated. <333

@scott1201 I agree with @JaneanBT! The lip mask is my fav!

Best,

Rebecca

Hi @scott1201 ,

I love the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. I have also been loving anything and everything Biossance. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@scott1201 I'm a big fan of that Clinique acne treatment as well.  Best zit zapper I've tried.

Oooh, after I'm done my roughly 20 trial size and mini mascaras I will have to try the voluminous Lash Paradise. @scott1201 

@scott1201 looks like a lot of progress on the Laneige! I've also heard the Lash Paradise is a drugstore dupe of BTS. I may have to try it out after I finish all my mascara minis. Such a good problem to have lots of mascara. ๐Ÿ™‚ What's your go-to mascara?

I feel yah on the mascara minis, I have so many! My go-to has been Lancรดme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mLfor about a year now. I do still love it but after discovering this one i might have to rethink my future purchases!

Great choices!!

This month I've definitely been reaching for a few favorite items over and over.  

First up is my St. Tropez Self Tan Express Bronzing Mousse 6.7 oz/ 200 mLAs a pale girl I love this magic in a can.  It's my only hope for actually having some color for a few months out of the year and so far it's the best self-tanner that I've found; it just makes me feel a little more confident when I use it. 

I've also discovered a favorite razor (weird, I know), but I got the Flamingo razor from Target and there's something about this razor that blows any other that I've used completely out of the water.  It's actually esthetically really nice to look at in my shower, has a nice rubberized grip, and somehow the head bends just perfectly in a way such that I've literally never cut or nicked myself and it gives me an amazingly close shave (because who wants hairy legs for summer?).  GUEST_b276c338-b305-49cd-9ec4-a589d3bf2f54.jpg

Finally, we have to talk about something very near and dear to my heart: Dreyers Peanut Butter Cookie Dough ice cream.  This is my soul in a tub.  Let's not discuss how many of these cartons I've eaten my way through, but I justify it because it's technically a "light" ice cream, lol.

20190729_163204.jpg

OMG!  That ice cream sounds heavenly! @CookieGirl1 

@Tamara76 We're very close... ๐Ÿจ

Loving your ice cream favorite @CookieGirl1! ๐Ÿฅฐ Itโ€™s limited edition so you haaaave to eat as much of it as you can now before itโ€™s gone forever! ๐Ÿจ 

Such profound words, @itsfi.  I'm definitely taking your advice!

RE: Re: The July Favorites Thread 2019

@CookieGirl1 So neat that you have a favorite razor. Thereโ€™s nothing better than knowing youโ€™ll have a good shave every time... well, except maybe ice cream. ๐Ÿ˜‹ Iโ€™ll have to look out for this flavor next time I go out. Thanks for sharing these items!

@CookieGirl1 Those razors look so cute! I need to try them! 

Best,

Rebecca

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • In my ship cabin, all my July and travel favorites lined up :-)
  • Image.jpeg
  • B347DACB-C7DC-4DB3-88D4-432A47FEEC85.jpeg
  • 09E07E12-424A-46E4-A82E-E5692A5CDA37.jpeg
  • 0C3E46D2-C6E3-4D6A-9C24-F1343305D37F.jpeg
  • 9A6EF49A-FA78-48E3-A0C5-B41AD08CA3B0.jpeg
  • 9046DE99-8EBE-4B3E-834B-EAA62E316C93.jpeg
  • 39E9D7D6-8BCE-42B4-AB59-0EED3ED87926.jpeg
  • IMG_E9083.JPG
  • F062FB45-399D-4FA1-BDCB-BBC277EFE91D.jpeg
  • 202A3565-9C41-4B2B-BB30-ED4E5194CE89.jpeg
  • IMG_20190728_104652196.jpg
  • IMG_20190728_104929932.jpg