cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The Hydration Challenge

Hydration GIF.gif

I've seen a lot of talk about 2018 resolutions and one of my biggest goals for 2018 is make hydration a habit. Rather than talking or thinking about this resolution (like 2017... oops!) I am starting a hydration challenge. Let's get focused on hydration, BIC!

The goal? To increase our hydration levels so we can all feel incredible both inside and out.

Here are a few tips on staying hydrated:

• Eat water-rich foods (cucumber, greens, grapes, etc.)
  • If you're sweating, you need to drink more H2O!
  • Drinking caffeine? Replace that cup of coffee with a cup of water. (This is in addition to your daily recommended intake!)

This thread will be a space to talk about the hydrating products you're using and to check in on how much water you're drinking. Let's set goals and help each other meet them! Use this thread to share how you're feeling whether you're thirsty, your skin is extra-dry or to offer hydration tips for the rest of us!

Let's get hydrated, BIC! 

Re: The Hydration Challenge

As well as drinking lots of water, I use Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL daily. My skin feels so much more hydrated and refreshed, I love it!

Aw geez, thanks for the tag @fatimamummy Heart  @k617  Heart 

I drink a lot of water.  Like, A LOT!  I mean, you can probably guess just by looking at this, which one is my bottle. 

000.PNG

Yup...👆 Big Blue up there is the one I take to work every day (the green one is the 8oz I leave in my car, just in case).  We were never accustomed to drinking soda or juice growing up (and thankfully, never crave it).  Hooray for H2O!

Love the artwork in the background @ZombieMetroAnt

Thanks @PrettyPaint!  It took me all night to do that...Smiley LOL  

(jkjk - my 5-yr old loves to paint.  She paints 4/5 times a week Heart)

@ZombieMetroAnt She’s talented! I love how she paints the eyelashes and lips! 🙂

This was a section Be WellThis was a section Be Well

I thought this was interesting.  This was shown in Family Circle  magazine centering on health and skincare. Here was the BKR water bottle that I love! It was also talking about hydration being so important! I thought that it was interesting that is the same topic we had been discussing on the BIC! 🤔

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: The Hydration Challenge

This should be a weekly wow in all sizes.

@yankeefaithful Hey, there's no denying that BIC is full of tastemakers... I'd lurk here too! 🕵️‍♀️

@yankeefaithful I loooooooooove my BKR. I now own 2. The big and little. I take them with me everywhere I go and use it at home. I still haven’t had a sip of soda! 

Has anyone else noticed their “ natural thirst” returning? I went from drinking 32-50 oz a day and now that I drink that much before I leave the house, I’m PARCHED by noon if I don’t keep drinking! Overall I feel way better than I have in a long time!

@mermadelove zomg yes! There have been a few days recently where I drank less water than usual (but still more than I used to) and I'll wake up the next day with a dehydration headache! It's like having a hangover with no stories to tell! 😂

My body is definitely way happier with my new routine... my skin looks better these days too. Not totally blemish-free but starting to see those glass skin goals within reach 🌊

Hello hello hydrators! 

While being dehydrated is awful, the side effects are also pretty bad. For me, it feels like no matter how much water I drink, I always have chronically dry lips. What are some of your favorite products to hydrate and exfoliate your lips

I have noticed actual improvements when I use the Fresh Sugar Scrub and Kopair's Lip Love. What works for you? 

RE: Re: The Hydration Challenge

I love the GlamGlow lip scrub-it has a fun foaming factor and has peppermint oil, so it smoothes, hydrates and actually coordinates well with dental care. The bite agave lip mask is super hydrating and nice. I have to exfoliate and hydrate my lips to keep them plump and free of dead skin this time of year. Being properly hydrated has been a HUGE win for my face, though

Right now I'm alternating between Bite Beauty and Glamglo...

Right now I'm alternating between Bite Beauty and Glamglow's lip exfoliation and hydration products.

@KatieBT  Yes, I second the Laneige Lip Mask! Was kinda bummed when they ran out of the 100 point perks of it. Love this stuff!! 

Definitely recommend the Laneige Lip Mask or the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask. I use them all the time, not just at night and try to scrub my lips 3-4 times a week. @KatieBT

@KatieBT The Sephora Honey Lip Scrub is a steal as $6 and works wonders!!!! I'll put that on before a shower, then rub it off with a washcloth at the end of the shower. Presto! Perfectly smooth lips! Then follow up with BITE agave lip mask. My lips are like buttah! 

https://www.sephora.com/product/lip-balm-scrub-P415438?skuId=1835362&keyword=sephora%20honey%20lip%2... It's the YELLOW tube you want! 

I'll have to try this Sephora lip scrub, @mermadelove!

I bought it on a lark but it's great. The scrub is sugar crystals... they melt away and leave just lip balm afterward! So it's actually a good on-the-go thing if you're really chapped.

@fieldsofclover, I'm always really chapped, even in summer, and I've tried everything else I can think of!

testing