cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The Hydration Challenge

Hydration GIF.gif

I've seen a lot of talk about 2018 resolutions and one of my biggest goals for 2018 is make hydration a habit. Rather than talking or thinking about this resolution (like 2017... oops!) I am starting a hydration challenge. Let's get focused on hydration, BIC!

The goal? To increase our hydration levels so we can all feel incredible both inside and out.

Here are a few tips on staying hydrated:

• Eat water-rich foods (cucumber, greens, grapes, etc.)
  • If you're sweating, you need to drink more H2O!
  • Drinking caffeine? Replace that cup of coffee with a cup of water. (This is in addition to your daily recommended intake!)

This thread will be a space to talk about the hydrating products you're using and to check in on how much water you're drinking. Let's set goals and help each other meet them! Use this thread to share how you're feeling whether you're thirsty, your skin is extra-dry or to offer hydration tips for the rest of us!

Let's get hydrated, BIC! 

Re: The Hydration Challenge

I’m glad you brought this up - I feel the same way and typically enjoy a glass of wine each night. But, this past week I’ve been sick and couldn’t drink any alcohol because of the antibiotics I was prescribed. Having 5 days to just reset was really good for my overall health and hydration - plus it felt nice to have control and not drink for 5 days straight. You guys should give it a shot! @sabrinas @PrettyPaint

@sabrinas Oh my goodness! Me too! If I have more than a drink or so, I am miserable the next day. I am assuming it may be due to dehydration, although I’m not sure. 

@PrettyPaint For sure dehydration! Thats the main culprit for actual hangovers as well!! The bad headache and overall weakness from a bad drinking night is always from a lack of water (and also electrolytes). 

I don't think I drink a lot, but I drink often since it's pretty normal in my family to have a drink or two with dinner on most nights!

@sabrinas If I stick with one glass of wine I’m fine, but more than that will give me a bad headache the next day. I guess I will try to drink a few extra glasses of water next time I drink! 

RE: The Hydration Challenge

Thanks @katkapivarci for the tag. I actually already do a pretty good job at staying hydrated. This is my 2.2 liter jug that I fill up at least once per day, twice if I’m really working out. It’s the third jug I’ve purchased. They last awhile provided you don’t squeeze them too hard. 😂 I bought this one at giant’s. My first one I bought at stop and shop, and my second one I bought in target. They’re dope! Fill it up once and you’re set for the day! I can’t keep track of who’s been tagged or not so I hope this isn’t a repeat but @notcreative @etscore1 @annypoo @guzelkiz @jemly

Re: RE: The Hydration Challenge

Oh thats a great idea @itscarin! I might get one of those as a marker to make sure I'm drinking a minimum amount each day.

Trying out a new infusion flavor tomorrow I threw it together just now and popped it into the fridge to steep so I can have it tomorrow as a jump start friday hydration treat first thing in the morning this is in addition to my 64 oz of water intake 🙂 there’s chunks of frozen coconut and fresh lime in the water.

Oooo do tell how it turned out with the coconut! I’m coconut-obsessed. @WhereYouStand

RE: Re: RE: The Hydration Challenge

Hi JessyAnne It was tasty water 🙂 though I may use less lime and more coconut. Next time. It maybe take out the lime a few hours In and let the coconut steep longer I put way too much lime in the jar which made it a little overpowering I wanted a more even balance between the two flavors. So I will work on adjusting the flavors and steeping time. 🙂

I love lime in my water, @WhereYouStand! What a great idea to add coconut,  too!

That sounds tasty!

Thanks for the tag @curlychiquita ! Here is my overnight set up. Iusually drink half of each overnight them finish them first thing in the AM. THE GLASS JAR IS 32 oz and the mermaid bottle is 16. Tagging @fieldsofclover !

That is a great setup, @mermadelove!  I love your mermaid bottle!

@curlychiquita  Thanks! It was a Galentine's gift from the fabulous @jozkid ! 

Bottoms up @JessyAnne IMG_20180208_162540217.jpg

Beautiful @lmaster! Also love what you are wearing on your lips 🙂

@veronika23 thank you for your kind words, greatly appreciate it!

@lmaster   Well it's the truth 🙂

@veronika23 😊🤗😘 

@lmaster You have gorgeous makeup😍 and your sweater is amazing❤️

80184447-6198-4ED7-AC84-12A4AE8B1831.gif

testing