cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The Hydration Challenge

Hydration GIF.gif

I've seen a lot of talk about 2018 resolutions and one of my biggest goals for 2018 is make hydration a habit. Rather than talking or thinking about this resolution (like 2017... oops!) I am starting a hydration challenge. Let's get focused on hydration, BIC!

The goal? To increase our hydration levels so we can all feel incredible both inside and out.

Here are a few tips on staying hydrated:

• Eat water-rich foods (cucumber, greens, grapes, etc.)
  • If you're sweating, you need to drink more H2O!
  • Drinking caffeine? Replace that cup of coffee with a cup of water. (This is in addition to your daily recommended intake!)

This thread will be a space to talk about the hydrating products you're using and to check in on how much water you're drinking. Let's set goals and help each other meet them! Use this thread to share how you're feeling whether you're thirsty, your skin is extra-dry or to offer hydration tips for the rest of us!

Let's get hydrated, BIC! 

Re: The Hydration Challenge

@curlychiquita I love Kopari’s lip love! Let me know what you think, my lips are always so chapped I can never find a “cure” but I keep coming back to this whenever I stray to a different lip product so it’s definitely one of the better products I’ve tried. 

@KatieBT  I love The Body Deli products. I've been using them for a few years now. Also got to try a new brand called Living Sea Therapy from the UK last year thanks to a very helpful community member! Just wish it was more accessible though. I'd definitely would love to see more body care at Sephora.  Ohhh and I also love products by Barefoot Venus. I use their instant hand repair every night before bed. Haven't tried Kopari yet.

I don’t think I’ve ever tried anything by Kopari before! My skin is awfully bumpy and itchy in the winter. Perhaps this would help! 

@PrettyPaint this is a game changer, I highly recommend it! It sounds like your skin could be sensitive and this a gritty, physical exfoliant so you may want to patch test first to make sure you like the results. 

If you do try it out let me know what you think!

Thanks so much @KatieBT for the recommendation. My skin likes coconut oil, so it may be a game changer for me too! 

I was recommended Jergens moisturizer for wet skin on BT (Mochapj recommended it) and it was a game changer for me. It makes the skin super soft and keeps the Canadian winter dryness off. Since a girl does need her fancy stuff as well so I sometimes top it with Caudalie Divine oil or Philosophy amazing grace oil. They both smell so good.

Oh oh oh and SLEEP MASKS!!! Laneiage water sleeping mask...

Oh oh oh and SLEEP MASKS!!! Laneiage water sleeping mask is my fav! I put it on after I do all my treatments to lock the hydration in 🖤

Caudalie Grape water has been the entirety to my Flu skincare routine. I never thought I would love this stuff so much, but honestly my skin loves it. I do a lazy girl '7 skin method' by spraying my face in intervals, if I'm able, I'll lock it all in with some Herbivore Lapis Oil.

Although I haven't tried any of the Kopari brand, I'm really interested in giving them a go. The Coconut Body Oil sounds delicious!

However, I've got to say, my favorite scrub is BY FAR the DermaDoctor KP Body Scrub. I use it on the back of my legs and arms where I've always had issue with KP and it. is. magic. If i change to anything else, I notice a difference within a month or so. Another awesome thing, it's 16oz! I use it twice a week and the tub lasts me an entire year. 

@KatieBT I did the exact same thing with the Moroccanoil body buff. Couldn't figure out why something so fancy (and pricey) wasn't doing much for me... then I re-read the directions. Oops! 

Now I love it... it has sand as an exfoliant along with the sugar, so the texture is a little more gentle than a lot of scrubs.

@fieldsofclover this is on my wish list! do  you think its worth it?

@sparklekai It's worth it for me... I've always had pretty severe KP on my limbs so while I can use most scrubs on hands, knees, elbows, etc. this is one of the very few I can use on the rest of my body. A little goes a long way, too... I'm still working through a travel size that will finally need upgrading soon!

Because of the sand it's less "aggressive" in the usual sense but still effective for me. Using it dry (like the directions say, haha) is really key to making it work... I use it before I shower once a week or so. It definitely has the Moroccanoil scent while using it but it doesn't linger heavily.

@KatieBT I’ve been using the Herbivore Coco Rose body polish which sounds quite similar to the Kopari scrub you’re using. It’s got a lovely scent (super sweet coconut. One of the ingredients is sucrose). It does a good job of removing dead skin while moisturizing my skin. I just finished a second mini jar from a Sephora favorites set so I’m due for another jar 🙂 

@KatieBT  I have seen Kopari products but haven't used any of them. I have been using Philosophy olive oil body scrub, usually in Pure Grace or Amazing Grace. It smells so fresh and clean and my skin feels really smooth and soft. It does work in the shower,  but I found like you did, how well it works on dry skin. I will have to check out Kopari scrub. Thanks!

I have sensitive skin prone to eczema, so my doctor has me using plain, no fragrance, sensitive skin Dove soap. Also, I stick to fragrance-free body lotions that I pick up from natural food stores.

But, I LOVE the smell of Sol de Janeiro acai body cream, even though I can only use it on my hands!

However, when it comes to dry hands, L'occitane is my favorite. The scent of the lavender hand cream makes me feel like I just stepped into a spa.

@txcatx@sparklekai,

Have you tried First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream on your hands?  It has colloidal oatmeal.  It really helps my hands and elsewhere.  I highly recommend it.

@tsavorite thats what i used to use before i found the glysomed!!

@sparklekai,

I haven't heard of the glysomed before.  Thanks for telling us about it.  I will try it.

L'occitane is definitely my favorite hand cream, too, @txcatx. I keep a tube on my desk at work and it makes me feel so fancy when i use it 🙂 

@txcatx if you're looking for a great hand cream for eczema try the glysomed eczema cream! my eczema hasn't really been an issue in the last couple years but lately (new baby, lots of hand washing) my hands have been so brutal! i felt a difference with literally one use i felt a difference!

RE: The Hydration Challenge

Thank you for the challenge 🙂 I’m not always a fan of drinking just plain water so I flavour it with fruit . I will definitely be starting this challenge today . Thank you for the inspiration:) @KatieBT
testing