cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The Hydration Challenge

Hydration GIF.gif

I've seen a lot of talk about 2018 resolutions and one of my biggest goals for 2018 is make hydration a habit. Rather than talking or thinking about this resolution (like 2017... oops!) I am starting a hydration challenge. Let's get focused on hydration, BIC!

The goal? To increase our hydration levels so we can all feel incredible both inside and out.

Here are a few tips on staying hydrated:

• Eat water-rich foods (cucumber, greens, grapes, etc.)
  • If you're sweating, you need to drink more H2O!
  • Drinking caffeine? Replace that cup of coffee with a cup of water. (This is in addition to your daily recommended intake!)

This thread will be a space to talk about the hydrating products you're using and to check in on how much water you're drinking. Let's set goals and help each other meet them! Use this thread to share how you're feeling whether you're thirsty, your skin is extra-dry or to offer hydration tips for the rest of us!

Let's get hydrated, BIC! 

RE: The Hydration Challenge

I definitely want to up my skincare! I feel like I always abuse my skin and never take real care of it. I’ve recently picked up a basic line of products. Toner, eye cream and moisturizer and one of those MIA scrub brush(which I love). I’m really interested in the Drink Elephant protoni cream. Is it worth the $68?

I have purchased the whipped cream DE and I love it and i...

I have purchased the whipped cream DE and I love it and its a tad bit cheaper for $60. If you spend a minimum of $75 at Sephora in one visit, you can book for a fresh start facial and the service is awesome! the crew member will ask about your skincare routine (if any) and will use products that will work well with your skin. At the end, they will send you an email of all the products they've used and you can always purchase them or ask for a sample before buying. Hope this helps!

I always fill my water bottle up at night and try to drink the whole thing before getting out of bed in the morning. Sleeping for 8 hours without drinking anything can definitely cause dehydration and this is a great way to start the day on track!

I’m going to start doing this! 👌🏼

Re: RE: The Hydration Challenge

@emk5347 nice! I do this with a glass of water and usually end up waking up in the middle of the night to drink it. It's hard to find that perfect balance of drinking enough water before bed but not too much... Sounds like I have another hydration goal!

Anonymous Insider

i love this!! i drink about 3 or 4 bottles of a 40 ounce...

i love this!! i drink about 3 or 4 bottles of a 40 ounce water bottle each day. im pregnant so i have to drink a ton of water. but ive never been so refreshed and my skin is looking a lot better and i feel better!!

Re: i love this!! i drink about 3 or 4 bottles of a 40 ounce...

@Anonymous WOW you are in inspiration! Maybe I just need to get a 40 oz water bottle 😄 

Re: The Hydration Challenge

A room humidifier is another great way to keep your skin hydrated. I have one in my home office (self-employed) and one in my bedroom, usually on my nightstand. It’s especially great in the winter and makes breathing easier, too. I add lavender oil sometimes to help me relax and sleep better. It really works!

This is the one I use:

86FB9DB1-444F-49C9-8078-0ED69C551EE4.jpeg 

Thank you for the recommendation, @JessyAnne!

Thank you for the recommendation, @JessyAnne!

I have this cute guys in kids room and keep meaning to get one for our own bedroom ( Not a frog one though) but it is pending for no reason. 

3741DA84-AC56-4BAE-A390-B245A10C5D92.jpeg

Okay, that’s definitely the cutest humidifier I’ve ever seen 😂 now we just need a unicorn one 🧐 🦄  @fatimamummy

RE: Re: The Hydration Challenge

That humidifier suggestion is on point my daughters crib is our room and my skin has improved dramatically since we bought a humidifier for her!

My problem with these is that I quite literally hate humidity.  I don't mind the heat in the summer but humidity makes me wrathful.

Haha, I totally know what you mean @ChristineR07!! A small room humidifier doesn’t have the power to make a room feel icky sticky. Plus, you just don’t turn it on if the air is already humid!

Thanks for the reminder I need one of these in our bedroom @JessyAnne! Mainly for how horrible and dry our sinuses get overnight...but excellent point about skin hydration as well!

@k617 It will help your sinuses SO much! When mine are extra bad I’ll use peppermint oil (candy cane scented office, anyone? 😋) in the daytime and a combination of eucalyptus and tea tree oil at night. 

I love this thread! I’ve been really trying to increase my water intake, my skin has been so dry and I know drinking a suffix amount of water will help. I have a tumbler for using around the house and a water bottle for when I’m on the go. Some hydrating products that I love are the Hangover Primer and 3-1 spray by Too Faced. They both contain coconut water which is very refreshing and hydrating so my face feels fabulous all day, even with a full face of makeup on 😄

RE: Re: The Hydration Challenge

If you like coconut, you should try the Sephora Collection coconut lip balm! I love coconut anything and this is a really good one! ❤️🥥

@bakeamuffin that Hangover Primer spray though! I went to Sephora yesterday with a couple friends and we were spraying it everywhere and loving it. We were basically transported to the spa 😄 I need to snag this when I run out of setting spray! 

Glad you like this thread. Drink that water, you've got another half-a-day to get those ounces in!

It just smells so refreshing and sweet, and it feels great, a very spa-like feel! I hope you love it as much as a I do @KatieBT ❤️

It helps so much to break the day up, I try to drink 100oz a day, so 25oz before 10, 25oz before 1, 25oz before 4, and then the rest before bed. It really helps me from crashing in the afternoon! AA4F5E4E-EA8B-4E90-8A34-682726F4A6F2.gif

@bakeamuffin  Thanks for for the info on the Hangover Primer and Too Faced product. This weather has totally parched my skin! And I hate to see what it would be if I wasn't drinking so much water. Having something to carry water in around the house definitely is a must. Way to go!

testing