cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The Hydration Challenge

Hydration GIF.gif

I've seen a lot of talk about 2018 resolutions and one of my biggest goals for 2018 is make hydration a habit. Rather than talking or thinking about this resolution (like 2017... oops!) I am starting a hydration challenge. Let's get focused on hydration, BIC!

The goal? To increase our hydration levels so we can all feel incredible both inside and out.

Here are a few tips on staying hydrated:

• Eat water-rich foods (cucumber, greens, grapes, etc.)
  • If you're sweating, you need to drink more H2O!
  • Drinking caffeine? Replace that cup of coffee with a cup of water. (This is in addition to your daily recommended intake!)

This thread will be a space to talk about the hydrating products you're using and to check in on how much water you're drinking. Let's set goals and help each other meet them! Use this thread to share how you're feeling whether you're thirsty, your skin is extra-dry or to offer hydration tips for the rest of us!

Let's get hydrated, BIC! 

Re: The Hydration Challenge

i've always been good with drinking water.  i bought myself a 24oz cup with a straw & found i drink more.  my issue right now is that i need to up my water intake while im breastfeeding but cant handle the input and output 😛 

I'm all for that hydration. When I don't drink a gallon a day I swear I feel it and see the difference in my skin. 

RE: Re: The Hydration Challenge

I’ve noticed a difference too!!😳

RE: The Hydration Challenge

I just ordered from Deciem’s Fountain line “The Beauty Molecule” supplement which has Hyaluronic Acid, along with two other beauty boosters from other brands. Curious to see if these “beauty from within” supplements live up to the recent hype and to try something new to add as an addition to drinking more water and water rich foods.

Re: RE: The Hydration Challenge

I got a couple of those supplements during Black Friday and the taste is so intense that when I put some in my cinnamon tea all I tasted was the supplement lol

Anonymous Insider

@xamalia, I've been wondering about those Deciem supplements.  After you've had time to use the supplements, I'd love to hear your thoughts on them. 

I'm definitely going to write something when I get a chance to try it out for a couple of weeks! 

Remembering to drink water is so important, especially on days loaded with caffeine. I have found that drinking unflavored sparkling water will help me to drink more often so I purchased a soda stream as a Christmas gift to myself and now I’m drinking liters of water a day instead of a cup here or there. I strongly recommend for those have a hard time wanting to drink plain water. 

As for skincare, I definitely recommend Clinique Moisture Surge 72-hour auto-replenishing moisturizer. It provides a 152% immediate moisture boost, plumping the skin with hydration not just on the surface but deep into the skin to auto-replenish moisture for up to 72-hours( aka even after you wash your face). It’s an oil free gel-cream that’s fragrance free and allergy tested making it an option for all skin types. I also use it on my nuckles/hands to help combat excessive dry skin from such frequent hand washing this flu season. 1DD8E589-2308-43D9-A805-C92D52B6B1B7.jpeg

It would take a sumo wrestler to grab my morning coffee out of my shaky morning hands, but I started drinking a glass of water with my a.m. coffee (just like the Italians do with their morning espresso, or so I read,) and I find it helps me perk up even more.

With all this talk about hydration I ordered a bottle of The Ordinary's hyaluronic acid to try out as part of my PM skincare routine... I'm combining my 2018 goals of focusing on skincare and going to bed earlier by keeping the non-cleansing steps of my regimen by my bedside and doing that while I read or listen to audiobooks.

That seems to be my favorite new product.  My skin didn't react to it at all and just feels so much softer and smoother @fieldsofclover.  I hope you like it just as much as I do.

@ChristineR07 I steer clear of anything in a major hype cycle, but now that things have died down a bit I'm really looking forward to trying it! I don't have sensitive *skin*, but everything underneath it is weirdly sensitive/allergic so I try to avoid weird additives and fillers. It looks promising!

I am doing the korean 7 skin method of using a hydrating...

I am doing the korean 7 skin method of using a hydrating toner. first with a freshly cleansed face, you get your hydrating toner, not an astringent, and pat it into the face, one layer at a time, seven layers in total to boost your face hydration before applying makeup! currently I'm using a korean brand Hera, moisturizing essence and then layering my morning hydrating aqua serum by Missha, or night vitamin c serum by Mary Kay. then eye cream, and if needed, to finish with a thicker lotion on my combination skin dry areas!
Anonymous Insider

Re: I am doing the korean 7 skin method of using a hydrating...

@assay, I love the 7-skin method! My experience has been that my skin looks its best when I am consistent with that practice and taking in enough water - hydration inside and out.  I'm aiming to do a better job on both counts this year.

Anonymous Insider

Hi Beauties! I wanted to share with you something that has helped a lot with my dry skin. If you're anything like me and your skin is dry no matter how much water you drink, definitely give this product a try! Its Flash Hydro-Boost by REN. Its a serum with hyaluronic acid that's used right before moisturizing to really help your skin soak up moisture and get a bright and bouncy look. Spread one pump around your face and neck, wet your fingers, and then rub the water in. You can really feel the serum go from tacky to loose as the water gets pulled into your skin. Ive always struggled with moisturizing, and products tend to sit on my face rather than get soaked in, but this stuff has helped product melt into my skin and I have seen amazing results from it! Its a little pricey ($42 I think) but you only need one pump at a time and the results are very much worth it. I hope this helps some of you, stay hydrated! ❤️IMG_0680.jpeg

RE: The Hydration Challenge

Peach Tea Crystal Light is my favorite! I don’t drink as much plain ol’ water as I should, but I do drink Crystal Light allllll the time. Does that count???

I got a Takeya bottle that has helped me drink more water. It's wide mouth, to easily fit ice cubes or lemon wedges. It's insulated, so there is no sweating and it keeps the ice for hours (even if you leave it in the car). Plus, the cap is attached, so I can't loose it. Icy water motivates me! 

I also have a pitcher with a built in basket for fruit, etc. I love having lemon, mint or cucumber infused water in the fridge.

Takeya bottle, from their websiteTakeya bottle, from their websiteNot sure mine is made anymore, but looks like this from Crate & Barrel websiteNot sure mine is made anymore, but looks like this from Crate & Barrel website

Is the pitcher Takeya as well!? Exactly what I need!

Is the pitcher Takeya as well!? Exactly what I need!

Re: Is the pitcher Takeya as well!? Exactly what I need!

@besako Mine is from Takeya, but I couldn't find a photo of it. The one in the photo is from Crate & Barrel, it looks exactly the same as mine though.

Water is good. I carry a water bottle around with me during school (I’m a teacher) and the kids always comment on it. I try to encourage them to drink more water too. In one of my classes, we do a big habit forming project that they’re in the middle of right now. Lots of kids choose to drink more water. It’s amazing how many drink little to none on it’s own! I see a lot more bottles on desks during and after that project, and they always like to show me how much they’ve had so far. It’s definitely something that you need to get used to if you’re not in the habit already. Going from no water to just one 24 oz bottle is quite the task. 

ETA: It’s a great way to kickstart a weight loss program too. Since water has no calories but does great things for you body, when you drink it you’re not consuming liquid calories elsewhere (sugary sodas, coffees, etc.) and increasing your metabolism. You’ll be burning through extra calories faster. If someone drinks two cans of soda a day (even diet soda... just because there are no calories it does not mean it’s not contributing to weight gain, your body does not like fake sugar) and replaces just one of those with water, that’s up to 200 calories they aren’t consuming just by making a switch. It’s filling too, so drinking a glass of water while eating will prevent overeating. 

Setting a great example for the kids, @alexasteph!!

testing