Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The Gratitude Challenge Week 8: Who inspires you?

ezgif-6-38c760b0b5b3_new.gif

Seasons greetings, Beauty Insider Community! The Gratitude Challenge is all about spreading the love and recognizing the people in your life that have made a difference (big or small) in your own life -- either IRL or virtually in the BIC! Celebrating the holidays might look a little different this year, which is why we wanted to take the time – in the midst of basket-building and sale-shopping -- to give thanks for what makes this Community so great (ALL OF YOU!) and encourage you to do the same with us.

Each week will have a different theme, and a new opportunity to give a shoutout to a special someone (or multiple people!) that fits that description for you. Don’t forget to tag their BIC username if they’re on Community! And if you get tagged, be sure to return the favor and keep the gratitude train goin’. 😊

• Week 1 (11/6 – 11/12): someone who can always put a smile on your face 😃
  • Week 2 (11/13 – 11/19): someone who gives great product advice and recommendations 💄
  • Week 3 (11/20 – 11/26): someone you’re thankful for 🦃
  • Week 4 (11/27 – 12/3): a new friend in your life 👬
  • Week 5 (12/4 – 12/10): someone who sends the best memes! 🤣
  • Week 6 (12/11 – 12/17): someone who deserves a lil extra love 💞
  • Week 7 (12/18 – 12/24): someone with the best holiday spirit 🎁
  • Week 8 (12/25 – 12/31): someone who inspires you 🤩

Who are you grateful for? Shout-out or tag the special people in your life by replying below!  😊

Re: The Gratitude Challenge Week 3: Who are you thankful for?

@itsfi that’s very thoughtful of you, as you take such care in thinking of the others involved! 🤗

@Aaliaa and @bakeamuffin who in the very early days of the masking thread made regular masking and talking about it so much fun. @quspork for sharing time and time again (and doing it so graciously each and every time), that wonderful post about the order for Kbeauty skincare routine - so helpful. @l8totheparty for the skincare routine of the day thread - I've learned about so many great products through that thread. Echoing @pocketvenus' shout out to @sprocketta  for starting a thread where folks can check in with one another. I am also very thankful to everyone who posts swatches (especially since there's no testing at the moment) and write reviews - always very helpful but even more so in these times. 

Thank you, @itsfi! I love being able to share and indulge in our mutual love of masks and lip balms with you! Thank you for being the kind soul that you are and bringing so much knowledge and laughter the BIC! 

@itsfi here here! Thank you for listing people I forgot (there is such a long list of lovely people here which is such a great thing). Cheers to everyone listed here on everyone's post - you are appreciated ❤️. I guess I should ask Santa for some of those memory pills they keep advertising on tv for Christmas 😅.

@niki172, I could use some of those memory pills too! 😆 See, the good recs keep on coming on BIC! 😃 Lots of wonderful folks on BIC! 

Bless your heart, thank you so much! I'm glad the thread has been informative 😊

@itsfi 

It's great to see what the lovelies who post on the thread use for skincare and what works and doesn't for them @l8totheparty.

I'm thankful for all the friends I've made on here even though we've never met in person. I'm also thankful for the oncology doctors at my local hospital that move mountains to make sure that their cancer patients don't get swept up under the rug with everything going on. The care that they've given my parent is above and beyond and I can't thank them enough especially when we hear of other local hospitals that are having problems getting to their cancer patients sadly because of what is going on. I'm also thankful that I'm going to be an Aunt again in 2021 so there is something to look forward to. @ZombieMetroAnt @Sunnysmom @greeneyedgirl107 @Samtian @TraceyEB @itsfi @Ispend2much6 

@RGbrown @ohheyitscindyk @sprocketta I hate how it won't let you tag more people! Sportygirl125, tsavorite, Titan06, curlychiquita, Tamara76 - thank you all for all the advice and friendship you've shared, and I hope you all can see this xo!

@niki172 Aww you are so sweet, thank you for mentioning me. I love how close everyone is, despite many of us having never met each other in person. Congratulations on becoming an aunt again! ❤️

To my sister from another mister...you know how much I love ya @niki172  💛

ZombieMetroAnt_0-1606171971707.gif

Aww thank you so much , I appreciate you a ton @niki172 ! Really enjoy getting to know you! And so glad your family is getting the care it so needs right now. Is so important any time but wow now extra important. I’m so sorry you are in this club with your parent also, too many of us are. Glad 2021 has an extra bright spot for you with being a new Auntie! Hugs! 🥰🤗

Thank you @Sunnysmom @Samtian @greeneyedgirl107 for the good wishes on me becoming an Aunt again. I may feel older than dirt 😅, but hopefully we'll be able to hold this little boy/girl when s/he enters the world come this Summer.

@niki172 Thank you! I'm thankful that you're here, too, spreading knowledge and joy!  I'm so happy for you that you get to be an Aunt again! ❤️ I'm thankful for my son's hematologists, too; they've stayed open so he can always get his infusions.

@curlychiquita I'm so glad your son is able to get the infusions that he needs 💗. I've heard of so many people that have had to wait for necessary medical help your heart goes out to them and the doctors.

@niki172 I'm happy that you're pleased with the cancer care your parent has received.  It can be very difficult meeting everyone's needs on a typical day.  Best wishes to you and your family.

Congratulations on becoming an aunt again!  Here's to much happiness!

And thanks for counting me as a friend!  I'm thankful for you, too!  ❤️

@niki172 Aw shucks, thank you! I'm so glad your parent is getting taken care of, and an Aunt again ooooh how exciting! I'm thankful for you too!

@niki172 aww thank you for mentioning me!!! You are so sweet.

@niki172   You are such a real, sweet person, and you have  wicked sense of humor!  I'm happy for you on both counts; good health care is definitely something to be thankful for, especially now.

Thank you @Ispend2much6 the doctors have been just fantastic and I'm so very thankful that they were able to get my parent in for testing to make sure that they were still in remission and there wasn't another area of concern. 2 years this May will be their anniversary, but it still creeps up on you from time to time.

My humor has gotten me out of and into jams (oh the story I could tell about the birthday I had before my wedding - nothing gross), but anytime I can make someone laugh is a win in my books especially now. Thank you for the kind words - you have a wicked smart humor yourself. Sarcasm and wit can heal the soul I fully believe that.

Grateful for your friendship, too @niki172! Yaay, you're going to be an auntie again! What happy news!!! 💖 

@itsfi thank you so much! Supposedly this will be the last baby on my side of the family and we're praying for a girl - obviously a healthy baby is all that matters. But it's sooooo much fun to buy fun outfits for a little girl. I hope my SIL lets me buy her one of those obnoxious frilly dresses that make little girls look like cupcakes. Oh well I guess if I'm told no I can always dress up my cat lol!

553 Replies
testing