Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The Gratitude Challenge Week 8: Who inspires you?

ezgif-6-38c760b0b5b3_new.gif

Seasons greetings, Beauty Insider Community! The Gratitude Challenge is all about spreading the love and recognizing the people in your life that have made a difference (big or small) in your own life -- either IRL or virtually in the BIC! Celebrating the holidays might look a little different this year, which is why we wanted to take the time – in the midst of basket-building and sale-shopping -- to give thanks for what makes this Community so great (ALL OF YOU!) and encourage you to do the same with us.

Each week will have a different theme, and a new opportunity to give a shoutout to a special someone (or multiple people!) that fits that description for you. Don’t forget to tag their BIC username if they’re on Community! And if you get tagged, be sure to return the favor and keep the gratitude train goin’. 😊

• Week 1 (11/6 – 11/12): someone who can always put a smile on your face 😃
  • Week 2 (11/13 – 11/19): someone who gives great product advice and recommendations 💄
  • Week 3 (11/20 – 11/26): someone you’re thankful for 🦃
  • Week 4 (11/27 – 12/3): a new friend in your life 👬
  • Week 5 (12/4 – 12/10): someone who sends the best memes! 🤣
  • Week 6 (12/11 – 12/17): someone who deserves a lil extra love 💞
  • Week 7 (12/18 – 12/24): someone with the best holiday spirit 🎁
  • Week 8 (12/25 – 12/31): someone who inspires you 🤩

Who are you grateful for? Shout-out or tag the special people in your life by replying below!  😊

Re: The Gratitude Challenge Week 5: Shout-out someone who shares the best memes!

@niki172 

veronika23_0-1607172701921.gif

Re: The Gratitude Challenge Week 5: Shout-out someone who shares the best memes!

@veronika23 YES!!!!! 😘

Re: The Gratitude Challenge Week 4: Give thanks to a new friend in your life!

#TeamBIC Oh gosh I am so thankful for a new friend in my life. Her name is Penny and we work together at the hospital we are employed at. She is medicine to me. Whenever we do work together, which is not often, we pick up where we left off and have so much in common. She has a wonderful energy and spirit, and she welcomes my new looks (hair color rapid changes recently). She is a mom, works 2 jobs and is going to school for nursing while keeping that positive and loving spirit. Girl, you are an inspiration to me and I ❤️ You.

I've gotten to know a new coworker even though I am remote from home that is very fun to talk to. She doesn't mind my potty mouth so that's a plus.

Honestly I just want to shout out the first line responders right now (doctors, nurses, EMT's, etc). Ya'll are fighting the good fight and I just really appreciate you. I got a response from my doctor's office inquiring about possibly needing testing this evening at 9:00 PM - I can't imagine them still being there at this time answering questions. They are handling the testing out here with fluidity, kindness, and caution making sure we gets answers ASAP, but making sure that the tests are ran correctly (if they have a doubt they'll retest you).  Thank you for caring for us 💗

This is the perfect time to mention my work friend. We met at my new job last December. We quickly became friends with our love for makeup and beauty products. She is my best friend down here and I went to her house yesterday for a visit as I couldn't fly back to see my family for the holidays. We both battle some of the same issues and have grown close. I am thankful to have her as a friend and that I didn't have to be all alone on Thanksgiving.

@TeamBIC I'm thankful for a new co-worker.   I brought in Thanksgiving cards and little Lindor truffles for co-workers on my team on Wed.  She was nice enough to remember thank me today (Friday).  I just wanted everyone to have a little something cheerful.

Re: The Gratitude Challenge Week 3: Who are you thankful for?

@TeamBIC I’m thankful for so many special people in my life: friends, family, BIC members whom I’ve had the pleasure of following and trading/gifting with through the years, and of course all of my students and their families. This year, when things have gone so topsy turvy for so many, I know I’m ridiculously lucky to still have my awesome job, and to still have so many special people in my life, they help me remember the ones we’ve lost and feel their love all the time. ❤️

I'm thankful for my family. I have 4 sisters (and a brother who is deceased),  and we all have different personalities. The sum of our personalities make our family feel just perfect. I'm thankful for my mom and dad who are as different as night and day...but they both love us equally as much in their own special ways. I am thankful for way our children and in-laws are sprinkled in to make our family complete  

@TeamBIC  I am thankful for all the BIC members. Especially @itsfi she always has the best advice. She is a total skin care guru. She is a nail polish enthusiast and all around great person! @WinglessOne she always has the most beautiful lipsticks on. She knows everything about skincare and how to optimize all the ingredients! She gives the best advice! @SportyGirly125  such a beautiful lady inside and out. Always has the most beautiful makeup looks and has all the best makeup! And @lmaster such a gorgeous lady! Always know how to make me smile! Does the most beautiful makeup looks! So grateful for all these lovely ladies! BIC wouldn’t be the same without you! 

@ather awwwww!!!! You are such a blessing!! Your a kind soul and I love hearing about your package rendezvous 😆

@ather You are so sweet!  Thank you for your kind words.  I remember when we first met when your son was so little and we kept chatting back and forth about Mommy guilt as well as other things.  Just wanted to let you know you are doing a great job!  I know us Moms don't ever feel like we hear that enough and sometimes are taken for granted.  Virtual hugs to you!

1. I am so grateful for my health and my families health to be well through this COVID epidemic.
  2. I am so very grateful for my kids and grandkids for just being them and they bring so much joy and love to my life.
  3. I am so grateful to have God watching over us all and for answering our prayers at such a time when He is so much needed. I know He loves us all and has a plan for us and He only works in our best interest.
    #Challenges #gratitude challenge #Holiday

I’m grateful for my life every single day. For my litlle daughter, health and wealth 💙🙏🏾

Adding in a couple lovely ladies I shouldn't have missed. @Luvstravel would check on me daily when I was sick back in April and sent toilet paper when I couldn't get it anywhere. @tsavorite would check in on me as well and gave me a lot of perspective about the pandemic. I'm glad for both your friendship.

Thank you, @sprocketta !  I value your friendship, too!

I love your photo of Joy out in the snow! 

@tsavorite i don't even remember that one! But I take a LOT of pictures of her.

#holidaygratitudechallengeweek3 #SEPHORA #beautyinsidercommunity

Someone I am thankful for is my mom. She has always been my ride or die and she raised me as a single mom with no help from my dad, who by the way, tries to take credit for how well I'm doing. SMH. Moms did it all for me and I did gain a great step dad when I was 12 so thats awesome. 

The people I'm most thankful for are my best friend and my mom. As a single mother of three setting out on my own this year with my kids has been a challenge to say the least. Escaped a violent marriage and it's been a long road but I'm starting to see the strong woman in the mirror again. Between months of being laid off, tremendous car problems and the pandemic itself I almost doubted myself a couple times.....almost. But my bestie never left my side and my mom stepped in the week of my birthday, giving me not only a car, but our old homeplace. The home my great grandparents built in 1950. So this Christmas will be a special one and I intend to make it count. I'm determined to give my kids a good life and show them that anything is possible if you believe in yourself, have a good support system.......and maybe ask for a little divine intervention once in a while. So a huge thank you to my momma, my bestie and a few other wonderful people in my life who always show up when it counts. And Happy Holidays to the Sephora community!

Anonymous Insider

re: the gratitude challenge week 3: who are you thankful for?

my best friend. she has been with me since 3rd grade, and we are still super close even in 9th grade. i probably drive her crazy, but she has always been there to set me straight and make me feel better. she deserves the world!

Re: re: the gratitude challenge week 3: who are you thankful for?

@Anonymous Good friends are ones that we cherish the most.  They know us so well and are supportive and will always have our best interests at heart.  So glad when I hear about friends who are dear to us.  

@Anonymous @Those are the best friendships. I met my best friend in second grade and 30 years later we are still going strong. 

testing