Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The Gratitude Challenge Week 8: Who inspires you?

ezgif-6-38c760b0b5b3_new.gif

Seasons greetings, Beauty Insider Community! The Gratitude Challenge is all about spreading the love and recognizing the people in your life that have made a difference (big or small) in your own life -- either IRL or virtually in the BIC! Celebrating the holidays might look a little different this year, which is why we wanted to take the time – in the midst of basket-building and sale-shopping -- to give thanks for what makes this Community so great (ALL OF YOU!) and encourage you to do the same with us.

Each week will have a different theme, and a new opportunity to give a shoutout to a special someone (or multiple people!) that fits that description for you. Don’t forget to tag their BIC username if they’re on Community! And if you get tagged, be sure to return the favor and keep the gratitude train goin’. 😊

• Week 1 (11/6 – 11/12): someone who can always put a smile on your face 😃
  • Week 2 (11/13 – 11/19): someone who gives great product advice and recommendations 💄
  • Week 3 (11/20 – 11/26): someone you’re thankful for 🦃
  • Week 4 (11/27 – 12/3): a new friend in your life 👬
  • Week 5 (12/4 – 12/10): someone who sends the best memes! 🤣
  • Week 6 (12/11 – 12/17): someone who deserves a lil extra love 💞
  • Week 7 (12/18 – 12/24): someone with the best holiday spirit 🎁
  • Week 8 (12/25 – 12/31): someone who inspires you 🤩

Who are you grateful for? Shout-out or tag the special people in your life by replying below!  😊

Re: The Gratitude Challenge Week 3: Who are you thankful for?

@TeamBIC I'm thankful for my grandmother, and my childhood friend Megan.  If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have all the great memories I carry with me today ❤️

I am thankful for my Mom, she's pretty much the only other person I've had contact with consistently throughout this pandemic.  My mom is my normal, and that's a sentence I'd never thought I'd say.

I'm thankful for being able to "escape here."  It's been odd for me, not just this year, but for the past 2.5 years.  It's nice to come to a positive space, and everyone here has been pretty kind.

I'm so very thankful for our frontline health workers. I am so grateful for the risks and sacrifices they make each and every day. I'm also thankful to all of the teachers out there who have had to revamp all of their course materials to allow children to learn virtually. I'm also thankful for the increased voter turnout we saw during this US 2020 election. Thank you, too, for all of the lovely BIC members here for making this such a supportive community. ❤️

@PrettyPaint I agree to thank all of the frontline health workers.  Currently they have a challenging job and  have been supportive to all of those who are in need.  Amazing!  

First, I want to thank @sprocketta for starting up the covid check in thread which has given BIC members the chance to keep tabs on each other and support each other through this difficult time.

heart-vector-cute-cartoon_19875-18

Like others in this thread, I'm thankful for essential workers, especially frontline healthworkers, many of whom I call family. They have been going to work at hospitals and LTC homes, swallowing the risks and pushing back the exhaustion while watching case numbers soar. An old family friend has already experienced a death in her family because she contracted covid in her workplace, an LTC home. To have not even risked and ultimately sacrificed your own life, but the life of a loved one, to provide necessary medical and emotional care to others, is an unspeakable tragedy. Most people go on believing bad luck and tragedy will visit someone else but we must remember we are all "someone else" to someone else.

I know not everyone has the privilege of wfh and being isolated so I'm also thankful for everyone who has exercised what privileges they have to protect those who cannot reduce their own risk to the same degree, who have been following safety guidelines, masking up whenever possible, and have passed on the social outings, family gatherings and hugs in order to put the collective safety of others first. Extra points if you managed to convince a recalcitrant family member to put off a big indoors family gathering!!

I'm also super thankful to all healthworkers who are not on the frontlines, but who are keeping our governments and policies accountable and researchers giving their all in developing a vaccine for us. 

⚕️❤️😷❤️

Finally, I am very grateful to all the activists, grassroots groups, social service organizations, politicians and all those who continue to advocate for those most negatively impacted by the pandemic.

Thank you @pocketvenus I never expected the extent of perspective and support to come from it. I have found your posts there particularly eye-opening and incredibly reasonable and helped me understand this new reality much better. Thank you for that.

@sprocketta Thank you for your continued updates there! It helps for people to read and know they are not alone. I have also learned a lot from the thread too! It's one thing to read about other cities in the news and another to hear from regular people who are living there. I'm so glad you found my posts helpful <333

I am so thankful for all of my BT/BIC Babes Heart There are literally more of y'all that I will be able to tag, so please don't be offended if I can't fit you into this post lol. Also, I've been so blessed to meet some of y'all in person and talk to you every day and now I am having a hard time remembering your username 😄 Thank you Sephora for bringing us all together! Now can we please talk about Sephoria 2021?! 

3s1.jpgglitter.jpgvip8.jpg

@veronika23 @ZombieMetroAnt @Tamara76 @shimmerbait @heartsmyface @sister13 @michelleshops @ElleElleG @NotCrocker @darkiceis 

Miss you all 💜💜💜

Awwww I am thankful for you, too, @Mcakes !!!!  And, yes, bring on SEPHORiA 2021!!!!!💗💗💗

@Mcakes 

veronika23_0-1606306482624.gif

@Mcakes 😭 these pictures bring back so many amazing memories 💗 I can't wait to make more with all the #BICBabes and maybe this time we can all go to Disneyland, right @gonerogue 💓

@Mcakes  These photos just make me smile! So lovely.

@Mcakes  Aww thank you, I am grateful for you to. Hopefully next year we can all get together again for Sephora 2021 ❤️

@Mcakes, back at ya, hon! 🤗 This walk down memory lane gives me warm fuzzies. 😍 Seeing your pics made me think of all the fun stories and fabulous photos you ladies posted, not just about your time at Sephoria but your friendships! Thank you for sharing these - like @PrettyPaint said, these put a smile on my face!

Aww, I’m so grateful for you, too!! I miss you, a bunch of you. ❤️❤️❤️

@Mcakes  I am so ready for Sephoria 2021!💗

@Mcakes awww thank you.  So honored to make it on your list.  Also, my daughter loves seeing baby MCakes on your Instagram stories babbling.  I feel like they start having a conversation with each other when she sees them 😀

@Mcakes   You are the sweetest. 🙂  Honored to make your list. 🙂

@Mcakes  Aw those photos!!!  😭😭😭 I’m so thankful to have met this community as a whole. Also for my husband who’s been pulling both our weights this month, my three boys who always put smiles on my face, my best friends who’ve answered phone calls at 3am and for all the chocolate that mysteriously appears by my pillow.    💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

F82E558D-8137-4B67-B389-04C20C5E753F.jpeg

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

testing