Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The Gratitude Challenge Week 8: Who inspires you?

ezgif-6-38c760b0b5b3_new.gif

Seasons greetings, Beauty Insider Community! The Gratitude Challenge is all about spreading the love and recognizing the people in your life that have made a difference (big or small) in your own life -- either IRL or virtually in the BIC! Celebrating the holidays might look a little different this year, which is why we wanted to take the time – in the midst of basket-building and sale-shopping -- to give thanks for what makes this Community so great (ALL OF YOU!) and encourage you to do the same with us.

Each week will have a different theme, and a new opportunity to give a shoutout to a special someone (or multiple people!) that fits that description for you. Don’t forget to tag their BIC username if they’re on Community! And if you get tagged, be sure to return the favor and keep the gratitude train goin’. 😊

• Week 1 (11/6 – 11/12): someone who can always put a smile on your face 😃
  • Week 2 (11/13 – 11/19): someone who gives great product advice and recommendations 💄
  • Week 3 (11/20 – 11/26): someone you’re thankful for 🦃
  • Week 4 (11/27 – 12/3): a new friend in your life 👬
  • Week 5 (12/4 – 12/10): someone who sends the best memes! 🤣
  • Week 6 (12/11 – 12/17): someone who deserves a lil extra love 💞
  • Week 7 (12/18 – 12/24): someone with the best holiday spirit 🎁
  • Week 8 (12/25 – 12/31): someone who inspires you 🤩

Who are you grateful for? Shout-out or tag the special people in your life by replying below!  😊

Re: The Gratitude Challenge Week 2: Who gives great product advice?!

unnamed.gif

@Titian06 

@Titian06 I concur with your list and will include @SportyGirly125 I've learned so much from several BIC members and have had a blast learning more about make-up and skin care products. 

@tjffc - I agree with your shout out to @SportyGirly125 too!  💖💖💖

@Titian06 aww thank you!

@tjffc aww thank you!

Thx you @Titian06 . You’re too. ❤️🌹🥰

I don't know what I did but you're welcome @Titian06!

Tagging @WinglessOne and @itsfi whose monthly faves I always look out for! ❤️ Special shoutout to @Cyncynn who recommended Olaplex products to me last year I believe? I tried Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz/ 100 mL and never looked back. 

Thank you @GeorginaBT! So sweet of you to say! The monthly favorites thread is one of my favorites! Love reading about what folks are loving!

awww-shucks-youre-making-me-blush.jpg

@GeorginaBT  Aren’t they the bestest!! 

@WinglessOne gives the BEST reviews!  She's so helpful and detailed and awesome about answering questions.  Her advice is always appreciated :).

@CookieGirl1 @eshoe @tjffc  Y'all are making me blush so hard! Oh my goodness. Thank you! 😊

How do I know stuff? Heh, I just read and study a lot. Like, A LOT. Whenever any type of "I wonder why/if/how/when" question pops into my head, I either immediately investigate or add it to my Look It Up list. Some things go from "look it up" to "deep dive"; that's when my studying becomes true research, complete with my own written abstracts and comparison/corroboration analysis. Could be any topic that starts this madness. 

Spoiler
One day, while prepping veggies for dinner, I wondered if a gyuto would perform better for me than my old Wustof chefs knife—and if so, what type of steel would be best, and would that truly even matter. Many research hours (including steel and knife making history, the philosophy behind various knife shapes and consumer preferences vs. needs, the pros and cons of various edge grinds, handle shapes/materials/sizes, and brief interviews with a few chefs, sous chefs, line cooks, and knife experts—including a sous chef I once dated), dollars spent on various types of knives, and in-person tests later, I had my answer and then some. 

Of course, this also sparked a kitchen knife obsession and, to this day, I have a very hard time resisting the urge to buy all of the knives. 🤣 It also furthered my desire to grind down that big ol' bolster on my Wustof: it makes whetstone-sharpening that knife much more difficult than necessary, considering how soft the steel is. I still plan to dremel that dang bolster all the way down. Someday. 

I drive myself a little nuts sometimes. 🤣

@WinglessOne I'm so glad you do the "heavy lifting" with all of your great research.  I then cheat, by reviewing your extensive research, whereby needing to so very little of my own.  😂😂😂😂😂 Ok I may dating myself but you are like the "cliff notes" that were popular when I was in college.  I appreciate your 'due diligence' before commitment.😘

@WinglessOne I look forward to owning a good knife set someday. In the meantime I will settle for sheet masks. But if I ever need to know what cookware to buy, I know who to go to lol.

In all seriousness...the quest is the fun part. I guess it’s the hunt.

Spoiler
I remember being on my own in my early 20’s, and questioning why we sleep in beds. Just because we’re told to? So I slept on the floor for a full month. And I came to the conclusion that beds are for comfort. And when your body is tired, and you need rest, comfort helps get you there. At that point, I was settled with sleeping in a bed, because it became personal to me. I did it because I slept better, which made me happier in the long run. So it goes with knives, spices, and beauty🤷🏻‍♀️

@eshoe I'm very impressed with your research regarding why we sleep in beds. I remember a time in my younger days sleeping on the floor and hanging out with a bunch of my friends.  It was the best time, and no discomfort was felt at all.  😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Ha ha, see @tjffc?!?! Sleeping bags spread out on the floor just = fun🥰. I could sleep on the floor again in a heartbeat if need be. Whatever it is we love, sometimes it’s good to question why. Sometimes it’s makeup and sometimes it’s comfort🤷🏻‍♀️ At least if we can make it personal, it becomes meaningful.

What I wouldn’t give to have those early sleepover memories recorded, though!

I find myself wondering just how does @WinglessOne have such a depth of knowledge about all of the things she does, @CookieGirl1! Just take brushes for example,.. if you want to know the proper and efficient care of them, which ones are best suited for the minute details, she’s the go-to🙌🏼

@eshoe I too wonder but also very grateful regarding the depth of knowledge from @WinglessOne when sharing her product knowledge.  

@TeamBIC I really appreciate @sonnydee @eshoe and @Shosh85 for their great recs/reviews as well as their swatches!  They're also all super-kind and fabulous about responding to comments and are always being helpful and keeping things positive.  

@CookieGirl1 You are too sweet! I have to say though, every single thing you said about us, could also be said about you! Not only are you kind and helpful, but you seriously have the best personality! Thanks for helping make BIC such a fun place to be!

1E4D9844-DDA9-4BE9-BECB-B4817D81B638.gif

@CookieGirl1that a a pretty generous compliment! I have enjoyed sharing a love for beauty with you and everyone here. Im not the most knowledgeable but I enjoy having fun experimenting and sharing those experiences ☺️

8AC7D2F3-93C8-48E1-9009-FA78167DCDD5.gif

testing