Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

What are your favorite  v=clean beauty products.png

Clean beauty has taken off in a big way and, in the last couple of years, we have watched clean beauty grow and expand across all beauty categories, including skincare, haircare, fragrance, and makeup. There are so many different options to choose from, especially with the launch of Clean at Sephora, which is our stamp of recognition for products formulated without specific ingredients. 

To read exactly what Clean at Sephora means, open the spoiler below. 

Spoiler
Clean at Sephora skincare, haircare, and makeup products are made without:
Sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, triclocarban. All skincare, hair, and makeup brands with the Clean Seal have less than one percent of synthetic fragrances.

Clean at Sephora Fragrances are formulated without: Sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens , formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan , triclocarban, PTFE/PFOA, styrene, polyacrylamide/acrylamide, acetaldehyde, acetonitrile, methylene chloride, animal fats, oils, and musks, benzalkonium chloride, toluene, resorcinol, acetone, butoxyethanol, ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, methyl cellosolve, methylisothiazolinone/ methylchloroisothiazolinone, mercury and mercury compounds (thimerosal), bisphenol A(BPA).

On to the fun! We are starting this thread to serve as a clean beauty hub. We want to hear YOUR opinions and testimonials on your top choices in clean beauty. What are your favorite clean beauty products? Leave a comment below to share!

Re: The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

I really have to share how much I've been loving the Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisturizing Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 2 oz/ 60 mL. It's so so nice. It's moisturizing but doesn't feel heavy. It's good for day and night and makes my skin feel so soft. 

What a fun post!   For me, I need a product with no  added fragrance and with as a few irritants as possible.  My favorite brands include Biossance, Drunk Elephant, Cover Fx, Hourglass and Anastasia (just her eye palettes and singles). I also love BITE's agave lip mask and Cava lip stick.   There are some other brands that have piqued my interest such as Viseart, Ila and ND.  This month I have really enjoyed seeing an expansion of clean product lines in the stores that is typically only available online in my area.  Personally, would like to see a permanent expansion as I think there is a growing segment that not only wants but also needs to the cleaner product lines due to skin sensitivity, fragrance sensitivity, allergen concerns or a combination of one or more of the above.  

So many things that it’s easier to just show you.8E08C4E4-B20E-4EDA-8FEC-E467F74CC5F3.jpeg076AAEB6-7FE8-4070-9FC1-338A327EEAAF.jpegA98F1812-C45C-49FB-97F6-B7532D08D90D.jpeg

I love the shelf!

I love the shelf!

I just love all of your skincare, @radleyas!

Thank you! I love it too! But I will say that my cosmetic collection looking tiny by comparison! 😄 

The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

The only one I tried has been the Farmacy cleasing balm. Its been amazing 😊 I love the slightly minty smell.

I have a handful of lines that I return to again and again.

My main brand is Drunk Elephant, but I supplement them with a few products from Tatcha, Herbivore, and Glow Recipe. Those 4 lines have totally changed my skin. It’s like having a new face.

1. Honest Beauty has awesome cream cheek blushes.

2. Tatcha's skincare overall is just amazing, I either like it or love it, nothing less.

3. Ilia is becoming a quick favorite with their multi-sticks, which are amazing for a natural look, but can be built up in pigmentation. 

4. Farmacy has a green colored cleansing balm that has literally stopped my pores from clogging and my skin from drying out, while still removing all my stubborn makeup residue.

I just tried the ILIA Deluxe Limitless Lash Mascara and I'm in love. It's great for a natural, everyday mascara that defines your lashes. It's my new favorite for that no mascara, mascara look! <333

@knadala,

Love the Farmacy cleansing balm, I am on the 3rd jar!:)

❤️ Melissa

@melissabt That is probably my favorite "Clean at Sephora" product too! 

Best,
Rebeccas

Josie Maran Whipped Body Butter has become a lifesaver for me since my husband became allergic to most scents. Unfortunately the scents that I most enjoy are not sold at Sephora but the Vanilla Bean is. I also like various items from her skincare line.

JOSIE MARAN - Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter

JOSIE MARAN - 100 percent Pure Argan Oil

Josie Maran Argan Liquid Gold Self-Tanning Oil Vanilla Apricot

JOSIE MARAN - Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter

@Loretta55,

Love the body butter and also the self tanner! It was the first self tanner where I used the entire bottle.

❤️ Melissa

RE: The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

Youth to the People - Super Food Cleanser, Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream, Superberry Glow and Hydrate Oil, and Air Whipped Moisturiser.

I cannot wait for this trend of marketing things as "clean" to die off. It dishonestly implies that other products are "dirty" or somehow worse. Products that are advertised as "clean" have just as much potential for irritation or harm as the "unclean" ingredients. If the "clean" products contain essential oils, the potential for harm is surprisingly high. In many cases, ingredients that advertisers pretend are not "clean" are precisely what makes products safe for use. For example, I often hear about people who don't want preservatives in their skincare. Water-based products that we apply to sensitive areas of our bodies can easily grow mold or foster bacteria, especially if the products sit out unrefrigerated for months or sometimes years. Especially if the products are in humid locations rich with harmful bacteria, such as a bathroom. Often they're products that we're dipping our fingers in, then applying to our face. Both fingers and faces have bacteria (some helpful, some harmful), and that contamination can lead to bacterial overgrowth in products without preservatives.

Nobody would let opened food sit out like that; why do people think that "natural" cosmetics are somehow less susceptible to bacteria overgrowth?

My favorite products are ones with realistic claims, that are supported with peer-reviewed studies, from brands that value safe, effective ingredients. I appreciate brands who focus on accuracy and honesty, instead of brands that drive sales by playing into people's ignorant fears of scary "chemicals". The public may not know better, but the brands do. It's difficult to respect brands who resort to such tactics, and it's not a trend I support.

I can understand your sentiments and agree of the extra p...

I can understand your sentiments and agree of the extra precautions customers should take when using "clean" beauty products, but I personally don't view other skincare as "dirty". Going along with some other replies to this post, I like hearing how products are created cruelty-free and also have vegan, alternative ingredients that minimize the reactions from application and use with those who have sensitive skin. what I will say is phenemonal about this clean beauty movement is the strong impact the public has had over the choice and level of involvement with the brands that they use. I love how customers are taking ownership and caring about what exactly is in the products they bring into their homes. it's empowering!

I totally get where you are coming from and don’t disagree, but I have to say I am super grateful for the whole movement. I suffer from terrible migraines and through extremely painful trial and error I realized that many cosmetics and skin care items were triggering my most debilitating migraines. While not all clean brands and products are safe for me, it is a helpful place to start as preservatives have been some of the easiest triggers for me to identify and eliminate. So while I agree that people should‘t blindly assume that ‘clean’ is universally superior, I have to appreciate that all the attention to this genre has more than likely encouraged more manufacturers to re-assess and broaden their offerings to meet the demand. 

I support Clean Beauty because most, if not all, of these products are not subjected to being tested on animals which is inhumane.  These animals are caged, tortured, and then euthanized for no other reason other than producing cosmetics for our use.  Animals don't wear mascara or nail polish.  My favorite "clean" products are all of the Drunk Elephant skin care line, Farmacy, Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow, and any nail care products featured by Deborah Lippmann.  I find it impossible to support any brands that test on animals.  I shall remain cruelty-free.

RE: Re: The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

I totally understand your message, and agree with you. Hygiene and proper storage of products is so very important. Although I do enjoy Sephora labeling products as clean and that they clearly define “clean” for Sephora labels. But I also purchase a lot of products from brands that contain preservatives and artificial fragrances. Doesn’t bother me! I get the most irritated at individuals who spam the reviews of products who are pushing their ingredient agenda rather than actual reviews of products.
3 Replies
testing