Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

What are your favorite  v=clean beauty products.png

Clean beauty has taken off in a big way and, in the last couple of years, we have watched clean beauty grow and expand across all beauty categories, including skincare, haircare, fragrance, and makeup. There are so many different options to choose from, especially with the launch of Clean at Sephora, which is our stamp of recognition for products formulated without specific ingredients. 

To read exactly what Clean at Sephora means, open the spoiler below. 

Spoiler
Clean at Sephora skincare, haircare, and makeup products are made without:
Sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, triclocarban. All skincare, hair, and makeup brands with the Clean Seal have less than one percent of synthetic fragrances.

Clean at Sephora Fragrances are formulated without: Sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens , formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan , triclocarban, PTFE/PFOA, styrene, polyacrylamide/acrylamide, acetaldehyde, acetonitrile, methylene chloride, animal fats, oils, and musks, benzalkonium chloride, toluene, resorcinol, acetone, butoxyethanol, ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, methyl cellosolve, methylisothiazolinone/ methylchloroisothiazolinone, mercury and mercury compounds (thimerosal), bisphenol A(BPA).

On to the fun! We are starting this thread to serve as a clean beauty hub. We want to hear YOUR opinions and testimonials on your top choices in clean beauty. What are your favorite clean beauty products? Leave a comment below to share!

Re: The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

Your medicine cabinet looks very similar to mine. <333

Yaaay @PenelopeBT! It's so nice isn't it having so many goodies in one place?! 🙂

Look at your shelfie game @itsfi !

Love the Briogeo and Olaplex - my absolute favorite formulas for shampoo and conditioner. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you @KatieBT! Love Briogeo and Olaplex! <333 I would never have learned of them without BIC and @TeamBIC! 🙂

My favs are definitely the Farmacy green clean & honeymoon glow, FAB ultra repair cream & hydrating serum and Kosas tinted face oil!

Ooh tell me more about the Kosas tinted oil! I’m so very curious about this brand @mmmiu - have you tried any other Kosas products?

Hi @KatieBT ! I only have the tinted face oil but the powder and cream blush is on my radar.

This oil makes my skin look so fresh and dewy! I do have to powder midday which I don’t mind. I’m so amazed at how it evens out my skin and doesn’t look like I’m wearing foundation. It feels lighter than a tinted moisturizer but has better coverage. I also love that towards the end of the day, if it starts to fade, it fades quite evenly and my skin never has that “i wore my foundation for 12 hours” patchy look 😊 I’ve already used it for 3 months everyday. Yesterday, I gave my regular foundation a try and at the end of the day, I could see that I had makeup on. Don’t think I’ll be going back to regular foundation anytime soon!

Here are my favorites. I don't shop for products based on them being clean or not, though it is certainly a bonus!

For highlighters I have both the RMS luminizer quad and the Lilah B Glisten and Glow. If you don't like how wet/greasy (it's lovely but mainly coconut oil) the RMS is, the Lilah B is a good option. It is also a cream, but a drier cream with more of a powder finish. I am not a huge fan of sheet masks (I'm weird) and don't do them very often, but really like the farmacy ones - the gel texture is somehow a lot easier to deal with and less messy/creepy.

SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40

Drunk Elephant C-Tango™ Vitamin C Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

KOSAS - Tinted Face Oil Foundation

Tata Harper Regenerating BHA Exfoliating Cleanser 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

BOSCIA - Skin Perfecting BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30

LILAH B. - Glisten & Glow

Farmacy Coconut Gel Sheet Mask - Brightening 0.78 oz/ 23 mL

@Cyncynn thanks for sharing! I also love gel sheet masks since they stick so well and I’m usually doing three other things while masking... sounds like I need to look into the Farmacy ones! I love Lilah b products - their packaging is my fave 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Farmacy coconut gel mask is amazing! 

Does anyone have opinions/reviews of Lord Jones Body Lotion? I'm looking at adding CBD for pain relief as I've been experiencing some chronic pain and blood work is ruling out inflammation, an infection, or other issues. It's sorta leaning in the Fibromyalgia direction, so I'm researching a broad range of treatment options and CBD has popped up!

CBD can be very helpful for chronic muscle or joint pain....

CBD can be very helpful for chronic muscle or joint pain. I recommend natural CBD balms and salves. There are also gummies and edibles to help relax and calm you. These brand name beauty brands tend to be more expensive, although CBD is on the expensive side anyway. I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome/M.E., muscle spasms, and degenerating discs, chronic headache, knee pain, etc. etc... there are many options out there, and essential oils have pain-relieving properties as well. I encourage you to do research and find good options for yourself. My friend has a subscription service called CBD Healthbox which allows you to try many CBD product samples for a fraction of the price (find him on IG). I also make and sell pain-relieving products like detoxifying bath salts and soothing aromatherapy roll-ons. Either way if I can help in any way whatsoever please let me know, message me any time. I am a mental health and wellness advocate and a lifelong pain warrior. I wish you the best. Don't give up hope!

I have been finding more and more to love from the Biossance and Youth to the people lines! Origins and Fresh were my first loves and while I still think their products are excellent, I have been trying to move away to animal cruelty free skincare and makeup brands (but especially skincare since that's what I purchase more of). I also have a couple drunk elephant, Farmacy, and Tatcha products in my lineup, and while I am still looking for a replacement I absolutely love the Caudalie detox mask and my Indie Lee mud mask. ( My mom is also a big fan of caudalie)

I have been an Aveda devotee for some time now in the hair care realm, but I'm very excited about the new clean hair care offerings! I got a gratis package from Together beauty that's been pretty promising, and I look forward to checking out some of their other products as well as a few other brands I noticed just launched! 

I do wish there was a better display/section of clean makeup to try out in stores near me (Kora, RMS, Kosas, etc.) as I do feel that area is lacking in good options

Drunk Elephant, Origins, and Caudalie are my current go-to's.  I have a few things I use that aren't under the Clean designation, but I'm slowly trying to move into using Clean only--particularly on my face.

The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

The drunk elephant littles kit jumpstarted a skincare regimen for me! Current fav is the Kora Organics Sleeping Mask!

@KatieBT  My fav is RMS BEAUTY - Beauty Luminizer - magic luminizer 

RE: The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

Rms beauty! Love their Uncoverup. It’s a new holy grail for me.

Re: RE: The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

Thanks for sharing @m26430 🙂 What do you love about the uncoverup? I have been curious about this product for a while now!

Youth to the People Adaptogen Soothe + Hydrate Activated Mist!

RE: The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

I absolutely love Caudile vino perfect serum. It’s my holy grail serum. I’m on my Third one. It’s light weight, hydrating and reduces pigmentation just like it says it will. Can’t live without it.

These have been my favorites so far.  The boscia cool cleansing oil and the farmacy green clean makeup remover are wonderful at removing lash glue as well. 

BOSCIA - MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil

CAUDALIE - Vinopure Natural Salicylic Acid Pore Minimizing Serum
CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Radiance Serum Set
BOSCIA - Cactus Water Moisturizer
1 Reply
testing