Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

What are your favorite  v=clean beauty products.png

Clean beauty has taken off in a big way and, in the last couple of years, we have watched clean beauty grow and expand across all beauty categories, including skincare, haircare, fragrance, and makeup. There are so many different options to choose from, especially with the launch of Clean at Sephora, which is our stamp of recognition for products formulated without specific ingredients. 

To read exactly what Clean at Sephora means, open the spoiler below. 

Spoiler
Clean at Sephora skincare, haircare, and makeup products are made without:
Sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, triclocarban. All skincare, hair, and makeup brands with the Clean Seal have less than one percent of synthetic fragrances.

Clean at Sephora Fragrances are formulated without: Sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens , formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan , triclocarban, PTFE/PFOA, styrene, polyacrylamide/acrylamide, acetaldehyde, acetonitrile, methylene chloride, animal fats, oils, and musks, benzalkonium chloride, toluene, resorcinol, acetone, butoxyethanol, ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, methyl cellosolve, methylisothiazolinone/ methylchloroisothiazolinone, mercury and mercury compounds (thimerosal), bisphenol A(BPA).

On to the fun! We are starting this thread to serve as a clean beauty hub. We want to hear YOUR opinions and testimonials on your top choices in clean beauty. What are your favorite clean beauty products? Leave a comment below to share!

RE: The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

I love Bite’s products but I’d also love to see Honest Beauty at Sephora!

Re: The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

I love

• BITE
  • Martina Gebhardt
  • Pure + Simple
  • not sure if Kevin Murphy is "clean" but I love the conditioner

I have been getting into

• Odacite
  • Vintner's Daughter
  • HOlistic Vanity

As for perfumes, as much I am not into the whole Goop lifestyle or brand, I have to admit the Goop perfumes, 01-03 are quite good for all-naturals. If you have smelled the Aesop perfumes Tacit and Hwyl, these are very similar. 04 however, was a travesty on my skin - a pitiful excuse for peach.

Kjaer Weis makes some pretty products.  They are an organic beauty company (not vegan though.)  

Great thread idea @KatieBT! I am so excited that Sephora is carrying so many clean beauty brands as I have been using mostly clean beauty products lately, especially skin care! Herbivore skin care (especially the emerald oil and prism), Farmacy honeymoon glow and bright on mask, Rahua hair products, Kosas lipsticks, Briogeo hair oil and cleansing conditioner, Youth to the people adaptogen moisturizer and Drunk Elephant baby facial are a few of my staples. I’m also really loving the new together beauty products I was sent, and can’t wait to use them more and write a review!

The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

I'm loving the Ilia Skin serum foundation lately!

I've heard so many great things about the ilia foundation and really want to try it! <333

AetherBeauty eyeshadows are my new favorite!! I’m also looking forward to trying Kosas Cosmetics.

I’ve only just been introduced to the Clean line, but I’m a big fan of the Clean fragrances. Looking forward to learning more from all these posts!

Farmacy has to be pretty high up there for me. So thankful I found Green Clean!

Re: RE: The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

Farmacy as a brand is great! I never doubt buying their products no matter what it is. I’ve never been disappointed.

Ive got a few brands that are go-to’s: Bite Beauty, Drunk Elephant, Herbivore, Farmacy, and Briogeo. I’m slowly but surely curating all my beauty products to be clean/natural-based AND Leaping Bunny certified cruelty-free! Some specific products I love are: Bite Beauty Agave collection and the Matte Lip Crayon, Herbivore Blue Tansy Mask, Briogeo Don’t Despair Repair mask, Farmacy Green Clean cleansing balm, and Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped cream and TLC Framboos glycolic acid serum

-For skincare: Drunk Elephant anything. I always come back to it.

-RMS makes nice color products but I have to be in the mood. For highlighter, Living Luminizer is more subtle and Champagne Rose Luminizer is glossier. I was thrown off initially by how much I had to warm these products up for them to apply well, and also by the fact that they changed texture during the year with temperature (got chunkier kind of?) without actually going bad. I have heard there is some theory with this brand that you shouldn't overheat active/skincare ingredients because otherwise they won't do any good for your skin so that is the reason for the texture changes. I don't know if it's true. I would like to try Kjaer Weis which I have heard is similar.

-I recently tried some Ilia when I was sent it from Influenster and I was very impressed with their foundation. The shade wasn't a great match for me but if you have a shade match I would look into it. I am curious about their cream blush sticks.

-I guess I still feel fuzzy on the definition of clean (even though Sephora's is helpfully provided here), as it seems to vary sometimes. I like the idea of being clean when I can but I am very omnivorous when it comes to skincare, I still love really basic things like Cerave.

Also for makeup: Westman Atelier stick highlight and Thrive mascara

Fun thread @KatieBT !

Here are my current clean beauty faves at Sephora:

1. Herbivore Emerald

2. Drunk Elephant Slaai

3. First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads

4. Edible Beauty Gold Rush Eye Balm

5.  Go-To Face Hero

6. Farmacy Honey GrailFA06D4D6-74F4-4895-B2A1-BFF161B0132F.png

EDIBLE BEAUTY - Gold Rush Eye Balm

Herbivore Emerald Hemp Seed Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

Farmacy Honey Grail Ultra-Hydrating Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

Bite Beauty and Josie Maran are my favorites! I also love drunk elephant! 

I’ve enjoyed using Caudalie for about a year and a half. It’s transformed my skin!

Farmacy cleansing balm is one of my favorites! For toner, u can't find another like luminescence skin care brands rose toner. There is something in that toner that makes my skin feel so soft and have not found another rose toner that matches it

I have nothing but bad luck with Drunk Elephant (so sad, and I have tried so hard!), but have found some good gems in Herbivore, YTTP, and Dr. Roebuck's.

Herbivore's Prism oil is ahhh-mazing. I'm also really into their rose hibiscus coconut hydrating mist. Dr. Roebuck's No Worries moisturizer is my everyday (morning and night). I'm back and forth on trying their eye cream - it's so tricky to find a good one!

YTTP's Superfood moisturizer might be one of the best products I have ever found. I tried their Superberry oil and moisturizer too, but those are a tad bit too heavy for me.

Like others have mentioned, moving to truly clean makeup is a whole other challenge in itself, but I have really latched on to ILIA. I desperately want to try their skin prep products - including the priming serum and the powder SPF. Their cream blushes, bronzers, and highlighters are so so good. And the mascara is rated so high for a very good reason!

@curlieq ,

Youth To The People's Superfood Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer is amazing! This is one of my favorite moisturizers also. I love how it feels like a drink of water for my skin without making me oily. 

Best,

Laurie

I have to be 100% honest here - I haven't had much experience with Sephora's brands of skincare lines. I really love some products I have tried from Sephora but my skin can be so finnicky and there are tonnes of skincare lines out there that promise similar results. 

I was very loyal to Skoah skincare products for nearly 10 years (Cleansers, toner, moisturizer and masks) and still like them to this day. They have a great light moisturizer with a tiny bit of salicylic acid in it to help with oily skin and it really smells wonderful too. Occasionally I will use the 2% aha exfoliant from Paula's choice if I notice I have blackheads. 

I only switched it up within the last year due to more frequent hormonal breakouts (related to medication). I have been using the acne.org regimen and it has helped immensely with my problem areas. My only gripe with it is the benzoyl peroxide can be a bit over-drying if you apply too much. That said - I am happy to actually see the results on my skin. Applying BP to a blemish at night means it's practically gone in the morning.

If anybody has had experience with these products let me know! ❤️

1 Reply
testing